Discussions on "Colon therapy" in "Alternative Medicines" forum.
6th Jan 2012, 12:52 AM #1
Colon therapy, medically known as colon hydrotherapy, is a method of removing waste from the body with the help of water-based irrigation of the large intestine or bowel.
A method, which is well-renowned in the world for health benefits such as detoxification, fighting skin problems, dealing with constipation and most of all, aiding in weight loss, it has received its fair share of negative spotlight too. Today, let us review colon therapy in detail and find out whether it is meant for you or not...
Why do people go for colon therapy?
- Some athletes opt for colon therapy because it helps in strengthening metabolic efficiency.
- Many tend to receive it because of a lifestyle change or as a preventive measure.
- Some people do it because of signs of constipations, diarrhoea, gas problems, bloating, haemorrhoids, irritable bowel syndrome, diverticulitis, colitis and parasites.
- Others go for it, because of constant abdominal pain or pain in back, shoulder and joints. It might be suggested by a doctor as a last resort.
- Colon therapy sessions are used for medical reasons too, such as pre or post surgery, stool samples and so on.
What are the advantages of colon therapy?
- The therapy helps in hydrating the colon by clearing way for solid waste materials in the body. It is not merely a temporary treatment as it is seen to provide long lasting cure for constipation.
- The treatment aids in uplifting the metabolism functioning of the body, thus leading to a decrease in food cravings, chronic fatigue, gas and acidity.
- We all know that most of the skin conditions occur because of the internal impurities leading to acne, paleness, discolouration and yellowness of the skin. Colon therapy helps in clearing the skin by refreshing the whole system by enhancing the anti-oxidant activity of the body.
- Our body is meant to absorb or expell nutrients/material which are residing in the digestive tract of the body. Colon therapy helps in clearing the harmful toxins from the digestive tract, leading to a full-body detoxification, when natural processes are debilitated.
What are the disadvantages of unnecessary or excessive colon therapy?
- Too much of water intake through the process of colon can lead to irritation of bowels, i.e. problem in the intestinal walls.
- People who are diagnosed with intestinal tumours or haemorrhoids should stay away from colon therapy.
- The colon houses a variety of 'good' bacteria in the body, which helps in breaking down the waste and excess bacteria. When the colon is flushed out because of the colon therapy, the intestines become more vulnerable to attack by viral and bacterial infections.
- often tends to cause cramps and pain. Also, one should be careful that the tools used in the procedure are clean and properly sterilized.
How often can one opt for colon therapy?
Ideally, 2-3 sessions are required to thoroughly clean the colon of the body. It is a must to take a gap of 8 to 10 days between two colon therapy sessions. The treatment can be done once in two months, however before going for one you must get a detailed low-down of whether you truly need it or not from a doctor.
Last edited by Parasakthi; 6th Jan 2012 at 09:44 AM.
6th Jan 2012, 12:18 PM #2
Re: Colon therapy
useful & unknown information viji....
In reality there is only Now. If you know how to handle this moment you know how to handle the whole eternity-Jaggi vasudev .
11th Jun 2015, 07:36 AM #3
Re: Colon therapy