17 benefits of raw garlic
Discussions on "17 benefits of raw garlic" in "Alternative Medicines" forum.
17th Sep 2011, 06:17 PM #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2011
- Blog Entries
17 benefits of raw garlic
I have always enjoyed eating dishes seasoned with garlic. Like most people I would normally chop it up and cook the garlic with food. I’ve learned now that cooking kills the good enzymes and other good things contained in it. In fact, raw garlic is healthier for you compared to cooked garlic.
Eating raw garlic might sound a little tough for some, but after a while you get used to it. I normally average one clove of raw garlic a day. I add it to salads, eggs or burritos. For people that can not handle the taste, you can cut the garlic cloves into pill size pieces, then swallow them like you would any other medication. For thousands of years garlic has been considered a herbal “wonder drug”. If garlic had been created in the laboratory instead of by nature, it would probably be a high priced prescription drug.
Health benefits of raw garlic:
(1) is a powerful immune system enhancer. Eat two to three cloves of raw garlic the first sign of a cold.
(2) helps lower blood pressure.
(3) helps reduce high cholesterol.
(4) helps reduce plaque within the arterial system. One recent study shows this effect to be greater in women than men.
(5) helps to regulate blood sugar.
(6) helps to prevent blood clots from forming, thus reducing the possibility of strokes. reduce platelet clumping and clotting (thus reducing strokes)
(7) dramatically reduces bacterial infections.
(8) expels intestinal parasites & worms.
(9) is a potent natural antibiotic and, while far less strong than modern antibiotics, can still kill some strains of bacteria that have become immune or resistant to modern antibiotics.
(10) has anti-fungal and anti-viral properties.
(11) helps to prevent cancer, especially of the digestive system, including the esophagus, stomach, and colon.
(12) has anti-oxidant properties and is a source of selenium.
(13) cures athletes foot. Rub crushed raw garlic on the affected area. Then cover or wrap the area leaving the pieces of raw garlic and oil enacted. Leave on overnight if possible. Repeat process until fungus is gone.
(14) helps to remove heavy metals, such as lead and mercury from the body.
(15) improves cardiovascular health.
(16) removes warts. Crush a clove of garlic, apply to wart, tape in place for 24 hours. The wart may blister and fall off in a week.
(17) heals boils & infected sores including cold sores.
I have been eating one to two cloves of raw garlic a day for the last three months. Without a doubt it has helped improve my health and immune system. Give it a try, I bet after a few weeks you will start to feel different.
Similar Threads:Guna (குணா)
நினைப்பில் தூய்மையும், சொல்லில் உண்மையும்
10th Jun 2015, 07:55 AM #2
Re: 17 benefits of raw garlic
I love garlic and my dishes carry its rich flavour