Discussions on "Cucumbers" in "Alternative Medicines" forum.
17th Sep 2011, 06:36 PM #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2011
- Blog Entries
1. Cucumbers contain most of the vitamins you need every day, just one cucumbercontains Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Vitamin C,Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium and Zinc.
2. Feeling tired in the afternoon, put down the caffeinated soda and pick up a cucumber.
Cucumbers are a good source of B Vitamins and Carbohydrates that can provide that quick pick-me-up that can last for hours.
3. Tired of your bathroom mirror fogging up after a shower? Try rubbing a cucumber slice along the mirror, it will eliminate the fog and provide a soothing, spa-like fragrance.
4. Are grubs and slugs ruining your planting beds? Place a few slices in a small pie tinAnd your garden will be free of pests all season long. The chemicals in the cucumber React with the aluminium to give off a scent undetectable to humans but drive garden pests crazy and make them flee the area.
5 Looking for a fast and easy way to remove cellulite before going out or to the pool?
Try rubbing a slice or two of cucumbers along your problem area for a few minutes, the phytochemicals in the cucumber cause the collagen in your skin to tighten, firming upthe outer layer and reducing the visibility of cellulite. Works great on wrinkles too!!!
6.. Want to avoid a hangover or terrible headache? Eat a few cucumber slices before going to bed and wake up refreshed and headache free. Cucumbers contain enough sugar, B vitamins and electrolytes to replenish essential nutrients the body lost, keeping everything in equilibrium, avoiding both a hangover and headache!!
7. Looking to fight off that afternoon or evening snacking binge? Cucumbers have beenUsed for centuries and often used by European trappers, traders and explores for quick Meals to thwart off starvation.
8. Have an important meeting or job interview and you realize that you don't have Enough time to polish your shoes? Rub a freshly cut cucumber over the shoe, itsChemicals will provide a quick and durable shine that not only looks great but alsoRepels water.
9. Out of WD 40 and need to fix a squeaky hinge? Take a cucumber slice and rub italong the problematic hinge, and voila, the squeak is gone!
10. Stressed out and don't have time for massage, facial or visit to the spa? Cut up an entire cucumber and place it in a boiling pot of water, the chemicals and nutrientsfrom the cucumber with react with the boiling water and be released in the steam, Creating a soothing, relaxing aroma that has been shown the reduce stress in newMothers and college students during final exams.
11. Just finish a business lunch and realize you don't have gum or mints? Take a
Slice of cucumber and press it to the roof of your mouth with your tongue for 30 secondsTo eliminate bad breath, the phytochemcials will kill the bacteria in your mouth Responsible for causing bad breath.
12. Looking for a 'green' way to clean your faucets, sinks or stainless steel? Take a Slice of cucumber and rub it on the surface you want to clean, not only will it removeYears of tarnish and bring back the shine, but is won't leave streaks and won't harmYou fingers or fingernails while you clean.
13. Using a pen and made a mistake? Take the outside of the cucumber and slowly Use it to erase the pen writing, also works great on crayons and markers that the kidsHave used to decorate the walls!!
நினைப்பில் தூய்மையும், சொல்லில் உண்மையும்
10th Jun 2015, 07:55 AM #2
cucumber salad is a must in my dining plate