Beautiful Eye Brows
Discussions on "Beautiful Eye Brows" in "Beauty Tips" forum.
8th Feb 2012, 11:18 AM #1Newbie
- Join Date
- Feb 2012
Beautiful Eye Brows
Did you know that brows should be a little lighter than your hair color? Yes, it's true...about two shades.
Eyebrows To Die For
Did you know that your eyebrow is supposed to start directly above the inner corner of your eye?
The highest point should be just a little beyond the outer corner of the iris and should taper off to the end!
Toothbrush Those Brows!
If you are having trouble taming your brows, here is a little trick:
Take a toothbrush and spray with a little hair spray and then brush on brows. The stickiness of the hair spray will help keep them in place.
Trimming Your Brows
This is an alternative to twee zing. Brush them up so that the really long hairs will be very visible.
Instead of twee zing and creating a hole, snip it with a pair of tiny scissors. Works wonderfully
1. Brush brows upward. Carefully trim any excess hair above the top of your natural arch. Be Careful not to take off too much at the ends or you'll have brow "bald" spots.
2. Look closely at the shape. Your brow should begin at your tear duct, peak at the outer edge of your iris and end at the outer corner of your eye. "Many women make the mistake of taking off too much at the outer corners," says Weston. "This slants the brows upward and makes the person look perpetually angry."
3. Prep your skin: Soak a cotton ball in astringent and wipe the brow area.
4. Hold a pencil in line with the outer side of your iris and note where the peak of your arch naturally occurs. From the arch to the outer corner of the eye, your brow should fall in a straight or slightly curved line, depending on the look you're trying to achieve.
5. Hold the tweezers at a 45 degree angle and pluck the stray hairs below the brow line. "Pull in the direction of the hair growth, or you may end up breaking the hair mid-shaft," says Engle. Follow your natural brow shape — not the trends. "It's very difficult to let your brows grow back into their natural shape after you've plucked them to death trying to achieve a particular look," she says.
6. Fill in sparse areas with a freshly sharpened brow pencil; use light, quick strokes to draw in hair. Brow powder will give thin brows overall definition, and is great for a more natural look. Using the brow brush, sweep powder up and outward over brows. If you're a brow novice, a tinted brow gel is a foolproof way to keep brows in place. Lightly coat brows using upward and outward strokes. Wipe off any excess and allow it to set.