Natural beauty from JoJoba oil

Jojoba (pronounced ho-HO-ba) is a botanical extract of the seed of the jojoba tree (Simmondsia chinenis).

– After dispensing any facial moisturizer onto your palm, try adding a few drops (I use 6 drops) of jojoba oil to make it into a super moisturizer. Flakiness will subside and the moisturizer will have an improved feel on your skin.

makeup removerMake-up remover
– Since jojoba oil is not an eye irritant, nor allergenic, you can use it to remove eye makeup. It also easily removes foundation, blush, and lipstick.

lip balmLip balm
– I use jojoba oil as a lip balm all the time. I just put a few drops on my finger and apply to my lips. Lots of lip balms tend to contain comedogenic (clogs pores) ingredients, so jojoba oil is a nice alternative. This is especially nice at night because, excuse the grossness, but if you tend to slobber when you sleep whatever you put on your lips will come into contact with your face. Jojoba oil is great for this purpose. As a side note, if you need major help with dry lips, pure petroleum jelly is non-comedogenic and works as well.

conditionerHair conditioner
– You can mix a few drops of jojoba oil into your current conditioner or use it on its own. You can also add it to damp hair before drying. Also, you can add it to dry hair to promote shine. Jojoba oil also moisturizes the scalp, helping prevent dandruff.

shavingShave prep
- Put a whole bunch of jojoba oil on your beard area beneath your shaving cream (lather from cleanser or other non-comedogenic shaving cream) for a more comfortable shave. This helps prevent razor burn and leaves your skin feeling nice and soft.

massageMassage oil
– I got a massage recently and asked the masseuse to use jojoba oil. She said, “wow, a little of this goes a long way”. Plus I was able to enjoy my massage much more knowing that the massage oil was non-comedogenic. I’ve had no problems with breakouts since.