Tips to remain Young
Discussions on "Tips to remain Young" in "Exercise & Yoga" forum.
4th Jan 2012, 06:03 PM #1
- Real Name
- Parasakthi KS
- Join Date
- May 2010
- Blog Entries
Tips to remain Young
- Diet plays a very important role in helping us to remain young. We must have a balanced diet.
- We are what we eat. What we eat reflects on our skin and body. First develop a regular eating habit like eating at a proper time.
- Include lot of raw vegetables and fruits in your diet.
- Avoid junk food and fried food. Sugar makes you look older, so you can substitute sugar with honey and fruits.
- Include five servings of fruits and vegetables in your diet. Red, yellow, orange, fruits and vegetables and greens are rich in antioxidants which helps us to delay aging.
- Green tea is rich in antioxidant and also strengthens our resistance against diseases.
- Include almonds, olive oil (use it as a cooking medium) fenugreek, in your diet as they are rich in antioxidants and helps to slow down the aging process.
- As we grow older, we must stick to simple and easily digestible food. One can observe fasting to detoxify oneself after consulting the doctor.
- People who eat a nutritious diet remain younger, tend to age slower, look trim, healthier and are more active than others.
- The age old tradition of yoga is said to have emerged in India some 5000 yrs ago.
- It is one of the surest ways to age gracefully, if practiced regularly.
- It gives flexibility to the body, prevents age related diseases, improves immunity and slows aging of the skin, thereby helping us to remain young.
- In yoga, it is said that the more flexible the spine is, the more youthful the person is.
- Yoga improves the flexibility of the spine and increases the elasticity of our body.
- It gives a good figure, improves blood circulation, energizes you and helps you to remain young and fit.
- Not only does yoga has physical benefits but also psychological benefits. It improves our self confidence.
- Learn yoga only from a good, qualified yoga teacher.
- Pranayama (breathing techniques) is very beneficial to the body and the mind and it oxygenates our cells and helps us to remain young.
- Good sound sleep not only rejuvenates our body but also strengthens our immunity to various diseases thereby helping us to remain young. Massage : It is skin which shows our age.
- So keep your skin hydrated and moisturized. Massage your skin with sweet almond oil or coconut oil once in a fortnight to delay aging. Massage helps us to feel relaxed and energizes us.
- It improves blood circulation and keeps your skin wrinkle free. Do not massage when your stomach is full or when you are sick.
- Always keep yourself engaged. Read a book, do crossword puzzles, sudoku to keep your brain active.
- Enjoy friendships, foster good relationship with family members, learn a new hobby, maintain interest as these will help to reduce stress and make you feel happy.
- Be optimistic in life and learn to forgive others. Dress well, love yourself, try to have a new look as it makes you feel happy and helps you to remain young.
- By having Strong family ties, good friendships, healthy diet, good mental health and staying physically active, one can age gracefully.