Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By vijigermany

Coconut milk body soak for winter

Discussions on "Coconut milk body soak for winter" in "Face Care" forum.

vijigermany is online now Supreme Ruler's of Penmai

This season, get rid of dry skin by pampering yourself to a wonder regime, using coconut milk

With the cold in the air, it's simply a good idea to warm up in a tub but one that can also be beneficial to the skin, if you add the right ingredients to your bath. And coconut milk that is made out of the inner white matter of the fruit works well in this regard. It can make the skin smooth and supple and add to its complexion. The milk content is also useful for treating itchy skin that appears in winter. Read on to know more...

How it works:
    Coconut milk softens and moisturises the skin. Says skin expert Dr Jaishree Sharad, "There are definite reasons to try it in your beauty regimen. It's good for people with dry, itchy skin. What happens is, coconut milk penetrates till the deepest level of the skin and can lock in the moisture there, which is its biggest advantage. You can put it on in the morning and the skin stays fresh till the evening. It's a great cleanser too. Also, while other soaks or scrubs made of ingredients like olive oil may lead to whiteheads and block pores, coconut milk does not block skin pores. It's a good idea to use it in your bath soak, moisturiser, lip and facial care routines."

Make it yourself:

Coconut milk mask
    Ingredients:
    Yoghurt - 1 cup

Almonds, crushed - 1 tbsp
    Coconut milk (obtained from grounding the crux and extracting the milk from it) - cup

Method:
    Mix the above and apply to the face for 8 - 10 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.

Coconut milk body soak
    Ingredients:
    Coconut milk - 2 cups
    Honey - 2 tbsp

Method:
    Add this to a tub. Soak in it for 10 minutes. Wash off with warm water, no need to add any soap.