Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By sumitra
  • 5 Post By sumitra
  • 1 Post By Mary Daisy
  • 1 Post By sumitra
  • 1 Post By kenneth26
  • 1 Post By Sulekha123

Easy Homemade Face Packs for Dry and Oily Skin

Discussions on "Easy Homemade Face Packs for Dry and Oily Skin" in "Face Care" forum.

sumitra is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

The main ingredients in this face pack are:

1) Oats (Avena Sativa) is seen in a lot of skin care products owing to their soothing and anti-inflammatory properties. They also help heal dry, itchy skin by retaining moisture.
    2) Almonds are a rich source of Vitamin E and they help soften and nourish the skin.
    3) Honey as we all know is known for their anti-microbial properties, helps treat minor irritations and sunburns. It also helps retain the skin’s moisture. Honey can also be used as a spot treatment to treat blemishes and burn marks. This is tried and tested and has worked wonders on my many “heat burns due to cooking”.
    4) Yogurt has natural bleaching properties and also softens skin.
    With all these awesome ingredients, you are sure to notice how smooth and radiant your face feels after using this pack.

Ingredients for the face pack:

• Oats – 2 Tbsp (Quick cooking/Rolled, anything works)
    • Almonds – 5
    • Honey – 1 Tsp
    • Milk or yogurt – As required to dilute the face pack.

Method:

Take the dry almonds and pulse it in a blender a couple of times. You should get an almond meal which looks like the consistency of wet sand. Add the oats to the almond meal and pulse it again. You should get a nice powder consistency. That’s it! Take the meal out and add yogurt, honey and apply to your face. Exfoliate your face using a face scrub before applying the face pack for better results. Leave the pack for about 15 minutes or until the pack feels dry completely.

After the pack is dry, wet your face with water and slowly start rubbing in circular motions to remove the pack. This seems to exfoliate and massage your skin really well and makes the skin super soft.

You triple the almond and oatmeal meal batch and store in the refrigerator. So, you can have a homemade face pack in a jiffy. On days that you are going out or know that You will be photographed, You do this routine and You can see a noticeable difference. Whenever You feel tired and your skin feels lifeless, this pack serves as a nice pick-me-up!!

For people with Oily skin, It is suggested that you leave out yogurt and honey and instead add couple teaspoons of Fuller’s earth (Multani mitti) and couple drops lime juice to the oat and almond meal. Lime juice is acidic and hence gives you a subtle bleached effect and the fuller’s earth tightens pores and combats oiliness. Another awesome ingredient for oily skin is dried orange peel powder. I used to save orange peel in batches and sun dry them. I'll then get it powdered when there is a sufficient quantity. In the summer months when your face is at the oiliest, you can mix this and multani mitti and couple of drops of rose water and apply it on your face and neck. This really removes excess oiliness and your face will feel clean and refreshed!!

Try these face packs and have fun

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links
    Mary Daisy and Prabha RK like this.

Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Re: Easy Homemade Face Packs for Dry and Oily Skin

Homemade face pack

Facial At Home

Before applying a facial mask follow these steps :-
    Use a cleanser ( Lotion or milk cleansers for dry skin & Gel cleansers for oily skin) to remove the dirt.
    Then exfoliate with a mild scrub that contains exfoliates that are round and non-abrasive.
    And then apply a facial mask that suits your skin after exfoliating.
    Face Packs for Dry Skin

Note for Dry Skin: - Always wash your face with lukewarm water; do not wash with hot or cold water. While making face packs do not add water as an ingredient, you can add rosewater instead of water. Do not use soap to clean the mask.
    Banana facial Mask- Mash 1/2 banana and add 1 tablespoon honey and 2 tablespoons sour cream. Apply to face and let set for about 10 minutes. Gently wipe off with a damp wash cloth or wash it off with lukewarm water.
    Papaya facial Mask-Take a slice of papaya smash it well with papaya there is no need to add any other ingredient. Apply it on your face and leave it for about 15 minutes. Gently wipe off with a damp wash cloth or wash it off with lukewarm water.
    Peach facial Mask- Cut a slice from a ripe peach rub it all over your face. Leave it on for 20 or more minutes and gently wipe off with a damp wash cloth or wash it off with lukewarm water. If the peaches in your supermarket are less than juice-dripping ripe, as is the case for most of the year, you can take a whole peach.
    Wheat flour facial Mask- Take wheat flour, add a tablespoon of milk cream mix it well and then by adding rose water to it and to make a paste, do not add water. Apply it on your face and let it dry. Gently wipe off with a damp wash cloth or wash it off with lukewarm water.
    Honey facial Mask - Take 1˝ tbsp. honey, 1 egg white, 2 tsp. glycerin, 1/3 cup flour and Whisk the honey, egg white and glycerin, and then add the flour. The result should be a thick paste. Apply to face and rinse after 15 minutes this mask effectively moisturizes and tightens the skin, making it smooth and soft.
    Almond facial Mask - Soak almonds while sleeping then in the morning take off the brown skin over it and grind to a paste while making paste add rose water to it and apply on the skin, let dry. Gently wipe off with a damp wash cloth or wash it off with lukewarm water.
    Face Packs for Oily skin

Note for Oily Skin: - Wash your Face with lukewarm water and then with cold water. While washing with lukewarm pores on your skin open's and you can wash off the oil present in the pores. After that you need to close the pores, so that dust does not move inside, for that wash your face with cold water. Do not use soap to clean the mask.
    Apple facial Mask - Smash ˝ apple and add 1 tablespoon lime juice and 2 tablespoons sour cream. Apply to face and let set for about 10 minutes. Gently wipe off with lukewarm water and then with cold water.
    Tomato facial Mask -without using water add tomato juice to 1/3 cup flour and mix it well. Apply to face and let set for about 10 minutes. Gently wipe off with lukewarm water and then with cold water.
    Potato facial Mask - Take a tablespoon of potato juice to it add a tablespoon of multani mitti mix both well and apply it to your face. Let it dry and gently wipe off with lukewarm water and then with cold water.
    Egg White facial Mask - Take egg white and apply it on your face, do not beat the egg. Let it dry and gently wipe off with damp cotton balls or wash it off with lukewarm water and then with cold water.
    Mint facial Mask - Take mint juice from mint leaves, mix the juice with rose water and let it dry. Gently wipe off with lukewarm water and then with cold water.
    Cucumber facial Mask - Take a tablespoon of cucumber juice and equal quantity of mint juice. Mix both well and apply on your face. Let it for dry and then rinse off with lukewarm water and then with cold water.
    Face Packs for Wrinkle skin

Note for Dry Skin: - Always wash your face with lukewarm water; do not wash with hot or cold water. While making face packs do not add water as an ingredient, you can add rosewater instead of water. Do not use soap to clean the mask.
    Almond facial Mask- Take around 4 to 5 almonds and grind it well do not add water. Blend the almond power together with 1 tablespoon honey and 1 egg white. Apply to face and wash after15 minutes. Gently wipe off with a damp wash cloth. This is best for wrinkle skin.
    Onion face Mask-: Though onion has harsh smell it is good for reducing wrinkles in your skin. Take a tablespoon of onion juice and mix with half tablespoon of honey. Apply on face and neck, let dry and gently wipe off with a damp wash cloth.
    Banana facial Mask- Mash a ripe banana and add a table spoon of rose water. Apply on face and neck, let dry and gently wipe off with a damp wash cloth. For best results apply mask twice in a week.

Mary Daisy is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Guru's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Daisy
    Blog Entries

Thanks for sharing this....
    1 doubt milk use pana oily skinku onnum agatha..?
    na once use panen,
    bt nxt daye pimples vanthu yen facela smile pana start panitu..
    so na yena panrathu....?

sumitra likes this.

Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Daisy View Post
    Thanks for sharing this....
    1 doubt milk use pana oily skinku onnum agatha..?
    na once use panen,
    bt nxt daye pimples vanthu yen facela smile pana start panitu..
    so na yena panrathu....?

You better use other face packs wherein milk is not an ingredient for better results. Otherwise consult your dermatologist for further advice in this regard. thank you and all the best

Mary Daisy likes this.

kenneth26 is offline Newbie

Hi,
    Thanks for sharing such a wonderful post! I liked it very much.As I myself have oily skin and your tips will definitely gonna help me.. :-). I would also like to know that lemon is seasonal fruit so what could be the substitute for it?

Last edited by sumathisrini; 21st Sep 2013 at 01:06 PM.
    sumitra likes this.

Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth26 View Post
    Hi,
    Thanks for sharing such a wonderful post! I liked it very much.As I myself have oily skin and your tips will definitely gonna help me.. :-). I would also like to know that lemon is seasonal fruit so what could be the substitute for it?
    Thank you for your comments. You can use lemon also.

Sulekha123 is offline Newbie

Damn good solutions. Knew a handful of them, but your list is awesome. Will surely try them out. Did you know that coconut milk is a good moisturiser to apply after you have washed your face off the pack. My granny says so. Guess, the tip comes down thru ages

sumitra likes this.

Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sulekha123 View Post
    Damn good solutions. Knew a handful of them, but your list is awesome. Will surely try them out. Did you know that coconut milk is a good moisturiser to apply after you have washed your face off the pack. My granny says so. Guess, the tip comes down thru ages
    Thank you very much Sulekha.