Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine December! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree14Likes

How to avoid dark-circles below eyes?

Discussions on "How to avoid dark-circles below eyes?" in "Face Care" forum.

carinastewart is offline Newbie

How to avoid dark-circles below eyes?

Well, I have this problem of dark circles under my eyes even though i have a good enough sleep, have enough water and have recently started putting cold water laps over my eyes daily for 15 mins.
    I have tried cucumber a couple of times before(not recently)
    Yeah i do move around in sun daily but i don't think that's the reason behind them.
    And i hardly use make-up but for covering the dark patches i use the white powder to hide the circles.
    any suggestions??

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links

sumitra is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Re: How to avoid dark-circles below eyes?

Dear Carinastewart, Welcome to penmai.com

Mary Daisy likes this.

Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by carinastewart View Post
    Well, I have this problem of dark circles under my eyes even though i have a good enough sleep, have enough water and have recently started putting cold water laps over my eyes daily for 15 mins.
    I have tried cucumber a couple of times before(not recently)
    Yeah i do move around in sun daily but i don't think that's the reason behind them.
    And i hardly use make-up but for covering the dark patches i use the white powder to hide the circles.
    any suggestions??
    Dear Carinastewart, I understand your problem. You have done all the general things to remove the dark circles under your eyes. please click on the following penmai thread links where in you may find suitable answer to your problem. all the best. thank you
    Remove Dark Circles around Eyes
    Tips For Dark Circles Under Eyes
    Remedies for Dark Circles Under Eyes
    Curing Dark Circles Under Eyes
    Get rid of the dark circles.Under Eyes

jv_66 likes this.

Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Dear Carinastewart, If you are not satisfied with the information contained in the various penmai threads, then follow the following tips:
    Drink at least ten glasses of water everyday.

Dark circles may be hereditary for some people or simply a part of the aging process, but most people would agree that they are a struggle to conceal. When the fat pad beneath the eye begins to thin with age, it can create a sunken look to the under eye area. Studies have shown that sluggishness of blood flow underneath the eyes may also contribute to dark circles. Vitamin K has been found to diminish the appearance of these dark circles. A recent study published in Cosmetic and Toiletries, included two groups, one that applied an under eye cream containing sunscreen and another that applied an under eye cream containing a combination of vitamin K and retinol. An examination of the under eye color at the beginning of the study and at the end found a significant lightening in the group using the vitamin K and retinol combination.

Eight hours of sleep is a must for all of us, especially for people having dark circles under their eyes.

Close your eyes and cover your eyelids with slices of raw potato or cucumber for 15-20 minutes. Wash with warm water and apply a cream.

Grate a cucumber, squeeze to take out its juice and refrigerate. Make a mixture of lemon juice, lanolin cream and cucumber juice and apply around the eye for 10-15 minutes.

Apply lemon juice on the black circles 2 times a day.

Apply a paste of turmeric powder with pineapple juice for dark circles under the eyes.

Apply crushed mint around the eye.

Apply almond oil under eyes.

Reduce your intake of vitamin A. Over dose of medications such as Retin A produces "excessive" vascularization.

Niacinamide, a derivative of the vitamin Niacin, has been shown to be an effective skin lightening agent, especially for skin conditions where hyperpigmention may occur on the face or other visible parts of the body. Patients with hyperpigmentation applied a moisturizer containing five percent niacinamide. After four weeks, the hyperpigmentation and skin color were analyzed by computer and most patients experienced decreased hyperpigmentation and increased skin lightness. Topical niacinamide has also been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties, which makes it a potential treatment for puffy eyes and dark circles.

Almond helps to remove dark circles and is an excellent "skin food". Remove the cream applied around the eye after 10 min. No cream should be left on the skin around the eyes for long periods.

For more details please click on the following link:

Home Remedies for Dark circles under the eyes - Natural Remedies for dark under eyes circles

jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy

Welcome to Penmai Carnia

You can use the ALOE - VORA gel to remove the dark circles under your eyes. This is very effective.

Also, you can use raw potato which is cut in circles, and keep them over the dark circles.

sumathisrini and sumitra like this.
    Jayanthy

Real Name
    Shwetambara Reddy

Get plenty of sleep nightly. Its not entirely clear why inadequate sleep results in dark circles under the eyes, but lack of sleep tends to cause the skin to become paler (thus increasing the appearance of darkness under the eyes), and reduces circulation.Its also believed that too little time lying down is a cause in itself.
    Eat a healthy, balanced diet, take vitamins, and drink plenty of water
    Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, especially cabbage, spinach, and other leafy green vegetables.

sumathisrini likes this.

ankitasin27 is offline Newbie

I always use a cold compress, or a cold paper towel.. in terms of hiding them i have a darker tone of skin so i use a foundation that is a bit lighter than my skin and use a bronzer over that to give it more coverage.

Last edited by sumathisrini; 18th Jul 2013 at 11:57 AM.

Pradeepa Raj is offline Newbie

Thank you sumi

Pradeepa Raj is offline Newbie

HHi friends
    earlier I dont have any pimples but recently. I have that problem give some suggestion friends earlier

VaishaliG is offline Newbie

Hi dear..
    The basic tip to reduce dark circles is to take enough sleep and a healthy diet. Your diet should include lot's of proteins and vitamins. Apart from all this you can use Vichy Bi White Reveal Anti Dark Circles Whitening Corrective Eye Care to remove dark circles. It clears brown spots near eyes. It also enhances original radiance and helps in fading dark circles. You should try it once. I am sure you won't regret.

Last edited by sumathisrini; 18th Sep 2013 at 11:17 AM. Reason: External link removed
    Sriramajayam likes this.