Discussions on "oily face" in "Face Care" forum.
17th Oct 2013, 01:03 PM #1
Hi guys, i need a help for oily face, i twice a day face washed, but a nowadays too much oily expose in my face, why its happened? Normally i consume oil foods not much more. I using dettol soap, its good?
Give me a good suggestions. Im waiting for various reply.
Advance thanks guys.
17th Oct 2013, 07:14 PM #2
- Join Date
- Jul 2012
- Blog Entries
Re: oily face
Easy Homemade Face Packs for Dry and Oily Skin
The main ingredients in this face pack are:
1) Oats (Avena Sativa) is seen in a lot of skin care products owing to their soothing and anti-inflammatory properties. They also help heal dry, itchy skin by retaining moisture.
2) Almonds are a rich source of Vitamin E and they help soften and nourish the skin.
3) Honey as we all know is known for their anti-microbial properties, helps treat minor irritations and sunburns. It also helps retain the skin’s moisture. Honey can also be used as a spot treatment to treat blemishes and burn marks. This is tried and tested and has worked wonders on my many “heat burns due to cooking”.
4) Yogurt has natural bleaching properties and also softens skin.
With all these awesome ingredients, you are sure to notice how smooth and radiant your face feels after using this pack.
Ingredients for the face pack:
- Oats – 2 Tbsp (Quick cooking/Rolled, anything works)
- Almonds – 5
- Honey – 1 Tsp
- Milk or yogurt – As required to dilute the face pack.
Take the dry almonds and pulse it in a blender a couple of times. You should get an almond meal which looks like the consistency of wet sand. Add the oats to the almond meal and pulse it again. You should get a nice powder consistency. That’s it! Take the meal out and add yogurt, honey and apply to your face. Exfoliate your face using a face scrub before applying the face pack for better results. Leave the pack for about 15 minutes or until the pack feels dry completely.
After the pack is dry, wet your face with water and slowly start rubbing in circular motions to remove the pack. This seems to exfoliate and massage your skin really well and makes the skin super soft.
You triple the almond and oatmeal meal batch and store in the refrigerator. So, you can have a homemade face pack in a jiffy. On days that you are going out or know that You will be photographed, You do this routine and You can see a noticeable difference. Whenever You feel tired and your skin feels lifeless, this pack serves as a nice pick-me-up!!
For people with Oily skin, It is suggested that you leave out yogurt and honey and instead add couple teaspoons of Fuller’s earth (Multani mitti) and couple drops lime juice to the oat and almond meal. Lime juice is acidic and hence gives you a subtle bleached effect and the fuller’s earth tightens pores and combats oiliness. Another awesome ingredient for oily skin is dried orange peel powder. I used to save orange peel in batches and sun dry them. I'll then get it powdered when there is a sufficient quantity. In the summer months when your face is at the oiliest, you can mix this and multani mitti and couple of drops of rose water and apply it on your face and neck. This really removes excess oiliness and your face will feel clean and refreshed!!
Read more: Easy Homemade Face Packs for Dry and Oily Skin