Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine October! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By Peacock464
  • 5 Post By RathideviDeva
  • 4 Post By ramyaraj

Help Needed To Decide

Discussions on "Help Needed To Decide" in "Family & Relationship" forum.

Peacock464 is offline Newbie
    Arizona US

Help Needed To Decide

I have a Sister in law who is divorced and she has a daughter. I have a husband who acts like a slave to his sister and his mother. I don't have kids yet. Nowadays whenever I get some fight between my husband and myself I feel like I too can get divorced and live like my SIL. She seems to enjoy her life bcas she is being pampered by all my maamanar, maamiyar and my hubby. Whatever she says thats the sattam at my house. I am a working woman but still I have to come home and cook. She is also working but doesnt do a single work at home. No one asks about that.

Recently I feel like I am a loser and I just want to get divorce and go to my mom's place and live a happy independent life like my SIL. Actually I am adjusting everyone at home and trying to be good. But still I am living a sad life. She doesnt adjust with anyone and very dominating but she lives a very happy life. So please advice if I can get divorce from this kind of family and go away or live here and eventually I may find my happiness one day.

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links
    ramyaraj and sumathisrini like this.

RathideviDeva is offline Registered User
    Minister's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Blog Entries

Re: Help Needed To Decide

Hi @Peacock464
    Your entire situation reminds me of "Puliya paarththu poona soodu pottukkitta kadhai". I hope this entire negative feeling is not due to jealousy.

If she is being pampered, maybe the family is trying to show their support this way, so that she might not feel lonely. Try to consider this perspective too. For same situation everbodys perspective will be different. It is hard to believe that you all are living under one roof in a western country. Did she get divorced recently? If so, then give yourself some time. If they are really pampering too much too long, then time is going to teach them a lesson.

Talk to your husband about your problem ONLY. Never ever complain about his sister or compare the treatment between you and his sister. He might interpret in a wrong way and you will lose the chance of getting his support. If your concern is genuine, you will definetly get his support. Maybe talking to your husband might help you both come to an amicable solution.

Just tell him that you too need a break from household chores and if he or the entire family shares the work, it would be stress free.If you are comfortable share this with your SIL too and ask to help you. If nothing works out ask your husband to find a cook, if not slowly stop doing some cooking and house hold chores(if you really feel too tired and stressed. It is ok to be little selfish , if your being exploited by your own family). If the normal routine is disturbed, people will tend to find alternate solutions. Since your SIL is also working, I guess your hubby will not be against you going to work.

Forget about your SIL and try to set your focus on your Sils daughter. Right now she doesn't have a fathers emotional support. Show your love and affection on her. Be a nice athai to her. Who knows... she could be holding your "happiness" key.

Whatever might be the situation never come to a wrong conclusion that your life will be rosy , if you leave this relationship. Just remind yourself often, this is just a passing cloud. Once you have your own children, the family priorities and focus will change. Until then do not lose hope and wait patiently(without losing urself). There is a bright and happy future awaiting you and do not ruin it because of the current situation.

Best wishes!!

ramyaraj is offline Penman of Penmai
    Guru's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Blog Entries

Re: Help Needed To Decide

நீங்க சொல்றது புரியுது அதோட உங்க பீலிங்க்ஸ்ம் புரியுது. ஆனா அம்மா அப்பாவோ அண்ணனோ எத்தனை நாள் தாங்குவாங்கன்னு நினைக்றீங்க. அப்படியே தாங்கினாலும் அது மத்தவங்களை சார்ந்து வாழும் நிலையில் கொண்டு செல்லும். அது நல்லதா....

நீங்க உங்க கணவரிடம் நல்லவிதமா எடுத்து சொல்லலாம். அவங்க தங்கைக்கு வேற நல்ல வாழ்க்கை அமைச்சு தர சொல்லி.... அதோட வீட்டு வேலைகளை உங்க மாமியாரையும், நாத்தனாரையும் பகிர்ந்துக்கு அழைக்கலாம்.

அவளை ஏன் வேலை வாங்கிற அப்படின்னு உங்க கணவரோ மாமியாரோ கேட்டா... அவங்க ஒன்னும் விருந்தாளி இல்லை. அவங்களும் சேர்ந்து வேலை செஞ்சா... அவங்க மனசு வேற எதையும் நினைக்காம அமைதியா இருக்கும்ன்னு நல்லவிதமாவே சொல்லிப்பாருங்க.

அதை விட்டுட்டு நீங்களும் உங்க நாத்தனார் மாதிரி விவாகரத்து பண்ணிட்டு போய் உங்க வீட்ல உட்கார்ந்துகிறேன்னு சொல்றது சரி இல்லை... உங்க வீட்ல உங்களையும் அப்படி தாங்குவாங்கன்னு எந்த நிச்சயமும் இல்லை.

அதை விட இப்ப இருக்கிற வாழ்க்கையை நீங்க இன்னும் மகிழ்ச்சியா மாத்திக்க என்ன செய்ய முடியுமோ அதை செய்யுங்க. ஒரு வாரம் நீங்க உங்க கணவர், நாத்தனார் அவர் குழந்தையோட வெளிய போனா... அடுத்த வாரம் நீங்களும் உங்க கணவரும் மட்டும் போற மாதிரி பார்த்துக்கங்க.

உங்க வாழ்க்கையை நீங்களும் அனுபவிக்கனும். மத்தவங்களுக்காக வாழுற மாதிரி இருந்தா உங்களுக்கே சீக்கிரம் சலிப்பு வரும்.

உங்க நாத்தனார் உங்க விஷயத்தில தலையிடாம பார்த்துக்கோங்க. அவங்க தலையிட்டாலும் நாசுக்கா அதை மறுத்திடுங்க. அவங்களுக்கு மறைமுகமா புரியவைங்க... உங்க விஷயத்தில அவங்க முடிவு எடுக்க முடியாதுன்னு.

கோபப்பட்டு,ஆத்திரபட்டு எதையும் சாதிக்க முடியாது. இன்னும் வெறுப்பு தான் வளரும். இக்கரைக்கு அக்கரை எப்பவுமே பச்சை தான். அங்க போய் பார்த்தா தான் தெரியும். அங்க இருக்கிற பரச்சனை. அது போலத்தான் வாழ்க்கையும்.

நீங்க உங்க வாழ்க்கையும் உங்க நாத்தனார் வாழ்க்கையும் சேர்த்து பார்க்காதீங்க. உங்க மனசை எப்படி மகிழ்ச்சியாகவும் அமைதியாவும் வச்சிகிறதுன்னு மட்டும் பாருங்க.

Last edited by ramyaraj; 7th Aug 2015 at 08:54 AM.
    Ramya Rajan
    “Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.” ― Mother Teresa

வழியோரம் விழி வைக்கிறேன் - full story link