Discussions on "Fever Diet" in "General Health Problems" forum.
14th Aug 2012, 04:45 PM #1
- Real Name
- Join Date
- Jul 2011
- Blog Entries
Fever is a very common problem from which almost all of us suffer whenever there is a change of season. Fever is not an illness; it’s a defense mechanism of the body to fight the infections. It’s the sign that our body is working against the infection which is caused by the viruses or bacteria. In fever the temperature of the body rises above the normal, the normal temperature of the body is 98.6 degree Fahrenheit. If the body will have fever then the temperature will rise higher than this. As soon as our body get in contact with the toxins the white blood cells of the body raises the temperature. These toxins do not have a very good tolerance to the heat so fever helps to fight these infections and whenever we sweat we are eliminating the toxins from the body. Diet also plays a very important role in management of fevers. Following are some of the Food for fever .
• Take regular and frequent meals as they are very important for a quick and early recovery from the fevers. During the fever the metabolism of the body gets very high so don’t cut your calories as they are required to maintain the functioning of the body and they also boost the body’s ability to fight the infections.
• Take the foods which are easy to digest and rich in nutrients. Homemade soups and porridge can be a very good option in fevers. These foods contain essential vitamins and nutrients and are required for recovering from the condition.
• Take the adequate amounts of proteins as they required for the tissue repair and regeneration. Adequate proteins are also required for the production of white blood cells and antibodies. One should take the proteins of high biological values to avoid the muscle depletion. Eggs, lean meat, fish, milk and milk products are good examples of this. The requirement of the proteins during the fever should be 1.2 to 1.5 gm per kg body weight.
• Avoid the saturated fats and take the unsaturated or monounsaturated fats as they contain essential oils which are required for the healthy immune system and well being of the person. Nuts like almonds, walnuts, pistachios, pine nuts and oilseeds such as flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds are good to take during the fevers.
• Fluids are usually lost during the fevers by sweating. So adequate fluids intake should be there with the electrolyte balance. Coconut water is very good option during the fevers as this natural drink contains balanced amounts of electrolytes also. Herbal teas or green teas are also a very good option during the fevers. These teas also help in the early recovery from the fever. Some of the effective teas can be tulsi green tea, chamomile tea and peppermint tea.
• Take different fruits during the fevers. Fruits are rich in vitamins and minerals which are required during the fevers.
17th May 2013, 03:57 PM #2Newbie
- Join Date
- Apr 2013
Re: Fever Diet
thanks for posting this useful information every one should read your post