Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine December! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree43Likes

Suggestions needed for best gastroenterologist in coimbatore

Discussions on "Suggestions needed for best gastroenterologist in coimbatore" in "General Health Problems" forum.

gayathripattabi is offline Friends's of Penmai

Suggestions needed for best gastroenterologist in coimbatore

Frnz,

my mom has health issue in her food pipe. She had an operation like endoscopy before 4 yrs.now again she is suffering . So if you know about gastroenterologists in coimbatore .. please help me.

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links
    Faith and Perseverance will lead to what you want!!!

Gayathri Pattabiraman

jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy

Re: Suggestions needed for best gastroenterologist in coimbatore

Hi Gayathri,

Our Coimbatore friends, will surely help you in this regard.

I would like to clarify one thing regarding this.

operation like endoscopy
    Doing Endoscopy is not an opeartion. It is just a device which will be sent inside our stomach through our mouth. It will have a camera at the tip, which will take the pics of our inner organs. By magnifying these pics, in the connected monitor, the doctor will be able to diagnose the problem , persisting .

So, this is an 1/2 an hour procedure, just to diagnose the problem, and not an operation.

Jayanthy

hi jayanthy,

yeah..you are right about endoscopy... her operation is..like endoscopy.. a balloon(as camera in endoscopy device) will be sent inside her food pipe and it will be blown where food pipe has less space.. to make more space there.. it is too complicated so i couldnot explain it .

Gayathri Pattabiraman

jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy

Quote Originally Posted by gayathripattabi View Post
    hi jayanthy,

yeah..you are right about endoscopy... her operation is..like endoscopy.. a balloon(as camera in endoscopy device) will be sent inside her food pipe and it will be blown where food pipe has less space.. to make more space there.. it is too complicated so i couldnot explain it .

Oh....Ok....Ok....

Jayanthy

SBS
    SBS is offline Commander's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Sankavi

Hi Gayathri sis,
    Hope ur mom s alright aftr the procedure.....

My grandma s also having a problem in Gatro intestinal tract...bt its a different one (its cld as Inflammatory bowel disease) she went KG hospital....she s ok now

My frns with gastritis went PSG hospital....they r also ok now....
    I don't knw abt other hospitals ( no offence)

May I ask one question sis.....Amma ku anaemia irundhucha???

One more suggestion sis.....Most of the gastro problems need long term treatment bt Wt we ll do s we ll not take drugs once we are off the symptoms... So plz ask amma 2 continue drugs as per doctors advice....
    If u need any more help in this... like regarding location of hospitals I. ll hlp u

Hi sankavi,
    Thanks pa. anaemia illa.but she took tablets for 6 mon only.after 4 yrs now the same problem ...thats why i would like to check her up in best one.

please tell me if you know any doctor in KG.. hows there.. treatment and all? Because even though it is known hospital... patients only will come to know about their procedures .. i had a very bad experience in coimbatore's very famous hospital.

thanks again pa.

Quote Originally Posted by SBS View Post
    Hi Gayathri sis,
    Hope ur mom s alright aftr the procedure.....

My grandma s also having a problem in Gatro intestinal tract...bt its a different one (its cld as Inflammatory bowel disease) she went KG hospital....she s ok now

My frns with gastritis went PSG hospital....they r also ok now....
    I don't knw abt other hospitals ( no offence)

May I ask one question sis.....Amma ku anaemia irundhucha???

One more suggestion sis.....Most of the gastro problems need long term treatment bt Wt we ll do s we ll not take drugs once we are off the symptoms... So plz ask amma 2 continue drugs as per doctors advice....
    If u need any more help in this... like regarding location of hospitals I. ll hlp u

Parasakthi, sumitra, SSJR and 1 others like this.

Gayathri Pattabiraman

SBS
    SBS is offline Commander's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Sankavi

Hi Gayathri sis,
    Welcome.... KG hospital la Dr. Jahangeer n Dr. Padmanaban are there. Both r Gastro enterologists... I knw only these 2...I am sorry if I missed someone.

We r satisfied with the treatment pa.... bcoz in t past ma granny suffered severe stomach pain....unable 2 eat any food except plain curd rice. ....Bt nw she s havng a near normal diet....no complaints....(she s still taking tables)

Sory 4 wat happened 2 u in that hospital sis.....

P.S. Amma oda medical condition name naa therinjukkalama???(If u don't knw or else u forgot it...no probs)....Don't mistake me.....

Parasakthi, sumitra and SSJR like this.

SSJR is offline Commander's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jeeva

Hello Gayathri sister...

From what little information you have given us regarding your mother's condition, I suppose your mother must have a condition called "esophageal stricture"...(esophagus is a medical term used for food pipe)...Usually, this kind of stricture or narrowing of food pipe happens in persons who suffer from a condition called GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease)...In layman's terms, we can call it as heartburn...When heartburn persists for a long time, reflux of stomach acid happens, which in turn causes the food pipe to narrow down...When food pipe stricture happens, one may find it difficult to swallow foods and it may cause pain and discomfort....To alleviate this problem, gastroenterologists use a technique called "esophageal dilation or dilatation" using endoscopic balloon, which simply means dilating the food pipe so that esophagus can function normally...I think your mother is suffering from this condition...

You have said that after four years this condition has returned...The main culprit must be too many acid-creating foods...The alkaline-acid base might have gone awry in your mother's diet...

No need to get panicked and all...Please do consult a good gastroenterologist and he/she may prescribe acid-suppressing medicines or once again esophageal dilation depending upon the severity of the condition...

If you are looking for specialty hospitals in Coimbatore, I can suggest a few...

GEM Hospital, located in Ramanathapuram...This hospital specializes in treating gastrointestinal disorders only...

Other options are KG Hospital, PSG Hospital, and Kuppusamy Naidu Hospital...

If I come to know any more such hospitals, I will let you know....

But, please get your mother treated for this condition as soon as possible to prevent future complications...Again I am saying, no need to get panicked and all, but prevention is better than cure...

Regards...
    Jeeva...

"Being strong always doesn't mean you have to fight the battle...True strength is being adult enough to walk away from the nonsense, with your head held high" --- Anonymo​us

Hi Sankavi and jeeva,

Thanks for the doctors name. I don'tknow about that treatment name pa.She missed all documents. But as Jeeva said ,her operation was same . She is so scared about endoscopy itself.. because of pain and she thinks that endoscopy makes her body weak.

I am 7 mon pregnant now. So She wants to postpone the treatment . I am forcing her to do check up atleast.

now-a-days she is having that gas trouble pain often in midnight.. she is not able to do anything.When i see her like that.. i am also depressed.

Thank you jeeva for explaining .really i dont know that procedure name. now it is clear. she comes to coimbatore next week.. i will make an appointment and have to do consultation.

Parasakthi, sumitra and SSJR like this.

Gayathri Pattabiraman

SSJR is offline Commander's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jeeva

Good morning Gayathri sister...

Please don't get stressed out...Take care of your and your baby's health first...

In general, as far as I know, endoscopic procedures have become a way of life, and usually, these procedures are painless barring some discomfort...More than pain, your mother must be experiencing some anxiety like anyone of us who is scared of injections and all...So, please calm her down and explain patiently that if done well by an experienced doctor, endoscopic procedures can be painless and easy...

I don't know where the first procedure was done...If you cannot share those details here like hospital name and all, please feel free to PM me...

I would caution against postponing the treatment, sis...But still, until the time she comes to Coimbatore, please take care of her diet, avoiding acid-producing and gas trouble-inducing foods...It would be best if she sticks to foods are that less spicy and less sour...

When the previous procedure was done four years ago, didn't that doctor provide any guidelines regarding what food items she should eat and what items she should avoid ???...If such guidelines were given, please do remember them and ask your mother to follow the same...

Please, don't get depressed ka...Please take care of your health first...Let me emphasize again...Your mother's condition can be treated very easily and properly...It is just that your mother is not willing to undergo any treatment, fearing that it will cause her pain and discomfort and the anxiety coming from such thoughts...So, as I said, please explain to her that an experienced doctor can handle her condition very well and with minimal discomfort, if any...And also, it is not a must that her condition can be treated surgically only...As I had mentioned in my previous post, doctors may prescribe acid-suppressing medicines and food guidelines to avoid too much acid-inducing foods...To know all this, she has to get her condition checked out first and diagnosed properly...

I will also ask opinions of others for best GI doctors in Coimbatore and let you know before your mother comes down to Coimbatore...So, please relax...

Have a wonderful day...Cheers...

Regards,
    Jeeva...

Last edited by SSJR; 6th Mar 2014 at 10:35 AM.
    Parasakthi and sumitra like this.
    "Being strong always doesn't mean you have to fight the battle...True strength is being adult enough to walk away from the nonsense, with your head held high" --- Anonymo​us