Home Remedies For Piles
Discussions on "Home Remedies For Piles" in "General Health Problems" forum.
24th Oct 2011, 07:05 PM #1
- Real Name
- Parasakthi KS
- Join Date
- May 2010
- Blog Entries
Home Remedies For Piles
Piles are medically known as haemorrhoids. It is a condition wherein the veins inside or outside the anus or lower rectum gets inflamed or swollen. Symptoms of piles include feeling of soreness, irritation or pain while passing stool. As a person passes stool, piles get aggravated because of pressure on the rectal area. In some cases, when the condition is severe, bleeding can also occur. Here are some natural home remedies for seeking relief from piles:
- Drinking radish juice twice a day is a common remedy for piles. Start off with 1/4 th cup and gradually increase it to half a cup, twice a day.
- Soak three to four dried figs in water, overnight. Have these twice a day along with the water in which they have been soaked.
- Boil the peel of pomegranate in some water. Strain and drink this water twice a day.
- To reduce the pain felt due to piles, drink buttermilk to which rock salt, ginger and peppercorns has been added. Have this twice a day.
- To seek relief from bleeding due to piles, powder a teaspoon of mustard seeds and mix it with half a cup of goat's milk, adding a little sugar. Drink this early in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Powder dried mango seeds. Mix two teaspoons of this powder with a little honey and eat this twice a day.
- Mix one teaspoon of ginger and lime juice along with mint leaves and honey. Have this two to three times a day.
- To reduce pain due to piles, mix one ripe mashed banana in a cup of milk. Have this mixture three to four times a day.
- Jamblang better known as jambul fruit is effective in treating piles. This fruit is available during the summers, so make full use of their availability. Eat a handful of jambul with a little salt early in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Turnip better known as shalgam, is another useful remedy. Prepare a mixture of 50 ml each of carrot, spinach and turnip leaves juice.
- Add some juice of bittergourd or karela leaves mixed with some buttermilk. This should be taken every morning.
- Turmeric has antiseptic and healing properties. Therefore, eat a teaspoon of ground, fresh turmeric root.
- Application of coconut on the affected areas will give relief from the burning and itching.
- Prepare a mix of ground, black cumin seeds better known as shahjeera and cumin seeds. Add a teaspoon of this powder to a glass of water and drink once a day, preferably in the morning.
- Mix two tablespoons of honey to one grated raw onion. Have this twice a day.
- Boil a handful of sesame seeds or til, in 500 ml of water, till its reduced to one-third. Make a paste of this and add a teaspoon of butter. Eat this once a day.