Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree149Likes

Ask your Pregnancy Questions Here...

Discussions on "Ask your Pregnancy Questions Here..." in "General Pregnancy" forum.

Dwi-Rakhi is offline Newbie
    Real Name
    Rakhi Kapoor

Re: Ask your Pregnancy Questions Here...

Dear Kiruba,

It is very normal to have swelling in the feet around this time of the pregnancy, as long as the blood pressure is normal.

Keep your feet elevated at least till the knees are straight. Avoid sitting or standing continuously for hours together. If you have to sit with your feet down the simply keep moving your toes up and down and straightening and bending the knees.
    Continue drinking enough water, reduce any extra salt on your plate, but don't reduce it from the normal quantity. Do not take barley water or any other similar stuff to drain water from your body unless advised by your obstetrician.

Take care….

Rakhi

Quote Originally Posted by kiruba36 View Post
    friends i am in 8th month now. foot swelling is just started. help me to manage it.

Sponsored Links
    Love

Rakhi

Real Name
    Rakhi Kapoor

Dear Easvin,

It’s alright don't work yourself too much.

With increased sugars you would gain a little more and because BP you would retain water so it’s ok to gain beyond the 12 kg mark.

Keep doing what you are doing.

Once you have delivered keep doing the same, drink plenty of water before after around breast feeding and get to exclusively nurse your baby for the first few months. The weight will be under control.

Don't stress too much, with our babies our waist lines expand so does our hearts with so much more love and responsibility. As long as you are healthy can keep your sugars and BP under control, look fairly proportional and decent, eat healthy and exercise whatever little within the time you have, it’s ok!

Learn to love yourself and measure your happiness with inner peace, mental satisfaction, love and happiness of your loved ones, a few extra Kg's don't matter.

Take care…

Rakhi
    Quote Originally Posted by easvin View Post
    Just wn't 2 know how 2 maintain our w8 during pregnency .because when i was carrying my daughter i gained only 7 kg's but for the second one now almost i gained 12kg's im in my 8th month know (im not eating any oil items .no fruit juices and no sweets no rice items) but it's gaining i don't know how.can u plz suggest me something 2 reduce my w8 after my delivery plzzz. only Sugar@B.P is there know no other prob's is there.

swaga2008 likes this.
    Love

Rakhi

dnvairam is offline Newbie
    Real Name
    Naveen

hi this is naveen, jus nw finished my mbbs course
    think i can help u..
    swelling of feet during pregnancy is a normal sign n it happens..
    it is abnormal only if it is associated with high blood pressure what we call as hypertension and - frothy urine, indirectly denoting passage of high amount of proteins in blood, medically we call as proteinuria, - or fits
    simply leg swelling is not a problem, but if it bothers u much, u try lying in left sided position during sleep. that wil solve it..

swaga2008 and Vani Vinesh like this.

anniephilips is offline Newbie

i have severe itching in the stomach with stretch marks what can i do?

anniephilips is offline Newbie

is there is any epidural given for normal delivery to lessen the pain?

akshu.anitha is offline Penman of Penmai
    Blogger
    Commander's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Anitha Aravind
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=anniephilips;104063]i have severe itching in the stomach with stretch marks what can i do?[/QUO TE]
    hi annie,

just apply coconut oil in that place of itching. it helps a lot. i done it during my pregnancy time. all the best for your safe and peaceful delivery. make your mind relax and enjoy this moment.

Yasmin banu is offline Friends's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Naarshaya

Hi Annie,

If you get Franch oil or any strectch mark creams , apply that , it will reduce your stretch marks and itching.

Real Name
    Rakhi Kapoor

Dear Annie,

For severe itching in your abdomen wall only, that has been verified with your obstetrician. Please apply moisturising lotion or oil on your abdomen, the itching is because your skin is drying.

For stretch marks one needs to make sure that you continue applying any oil or cocoa butter to moisturise the abdominal wall. Once the stretch marks are already seen, they are here for good. Initially the stretch marks appear as thin red or brown lines become darker and eventually as years pass by become white faded lines. It is very difficult to completely rule out the occurrence of stretch marks during the pregnancy. Many women fret about this. What I would like to share with you is that unless you require having a clean midriff for aesthetic reasons concerning the profession eg: modelling, acting etc. The stretch marks are a reminder of the most beautiful processes that occurred in our body through our body resulting in the most precious gift - a child which changes our life and makes us more complete.

The whole process of pregnancy childhood and the onset of mother hood stretches a women's heart making her feel so many emotions, her patience perseverance to be able to be there for her baby unconditionally. So let's make peace with all the stretching of various aspects of our life and know we get a little more fuller, beautiful, and have it in us to grow to the needs of this amazing phase in our lives.

You should also be much focussed on eating healthy and exercising regularly and avoid putting on too much weight over the 9 to 12 kg bracket, the more heavily you get the more the abdomen wall and other body parts will stretch and more the stretch marks.

Love you….

Rakhi

Quote Originally Posted by anniephilips View Post
    i have severe itching in the stomach with stretch marks what can i do?

Love

Rakhi

madhukb is offline Commander's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Madhu

Hi,

could u pls tel me the food time table for a pregnant women to intake in a day?
    (like.. from morning to night, i need a complete food time table)

how to avoid bad dreams during pregnancy?

Regards,
    Madhu

Madhukb
    Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

nlakshmi is offline Minister's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Here is the sample timetable for the Pregnancy menu intake

and also
    Overwhelmed by pregnancy nutrition advice? Feeling like your diet will never measure up?Before you give up completely and eat whatever catches your eye, learn how an improved online tool can make it easy to figure out whether you're getting the nutrients you and your baby need during pregnancy.
    How MyPyramid can help you during pregnancy

You may remember the USDA's Food Guide Pyramid, which outlined how many servings of food per day you should eat from each category. That pyramid has been replaced withMyPyramid, a food guidance system based on the USDA's 2005 Dietary Guidelines and the Dietary Reference Intakes.MyPyramid isn't a "one size fits all" guide. Instead, it's based on your age, sex, and activity level. There's even a Pyramid for Pregnancy and Breastfeeding.MyPyramid divides food into six groups *– grains, fruit, vegetables, meat and beans, milk and other dairy, and oils. Here's a quick look at those groups and how much the USDA recommends that you eat from each of them while you're pregnant.The amounts below provide a range of 2,000 to 2,400 calories for a pregnant woman who is 5 feet 4 inches tall and weighs 126 to 156 pounds, and who does less than 30 minutes of daily physical activity. To get an individualized meal plan just for you, type in your own information at MyPyramid.
    The six MyPyramid food groups

Grains: 6 to 8 ounces a day
    Generally, an ounce of grains equals a slice of bread or half a bun, 1 small corn or flour tortilla, 1 cup of ready-to-eat cereal, or 1/2 cup of cooked cereal, rice, or pasta. For at least half of your daily grains, choose whole grain varieties like whole wheat bread or brown rice. Whole grains contain the most fiber, vitamins, and nutrients.
    Fruits: 2 cups a dayVary the color of the fruit you eat and choose fresh over canned – many prepackaged varieties are preserved in sugary liquid. Bonus: The fiber in fruit helps head off two common side effects of pregnancy, hemorrhoids.

Vegetables: 2 1/2 to 3 cups a day
    As with fruit, fresh is best for fiber and vitamins. For maximum nutrition, vary the color of the vegetables you choose. Broccoli, for example, is packed with folate, calcium, and B vitamins. Sweet potatoes provide vitamin A, vitamin C, and fiber.

Meat and beans: 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 ounces a day
    This amount is about 2 servings that are each the size of a deck of cards. Choose lean meat and limit fish to 12 ounces per week. (More than that may expose your baby to harmful levels of mercury.)Milk, yogurt, and cheese: 3 cups a day
    In the MyPyramid plan, a cup of dairy equals 1 cup of milk or yogurt, 1 1/2 ounces of natural cheese, and 2 ounces of processed cheese. Dairy products, in general, are a great source of calcium and protein. Low-fat varieties give you all the nutrients you need without the extra fat.
    Oils: 6 to 8 teaspoons a day
    The best sources include canola oil, olive oil, safflower oil, fatty fish, avocados, nuts, seeds, and olives. Note: Avocado is a fruit but most of its calories come from fat, so it's included in the oils category.
    Discretionary calories: 165 to 360 a day
    This MyPyramid plan budgets 165 to 360 "extra calories" that you can spend as you choose! They could be used on extra servings of grains (like a little more pasta), extra protein at meals, whole milk instead of low-fat, some sugar in your decaf iced coffee, or an extra scoop of ice cream.
    Quote Originally Posted by madhukb View Post
    Hi,

could u pls tel me the food time table for a pregnant women to intake in a day?
    (like.. from morning to night, i need a complete food time table)

how to avoid bad dreams during pregnancy?

Regards,
    Madhu

Last edited by nlakshmi; 11th May 2012 at 08:52 PM. Reason: adding the link
    madhukb likes this.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 13th Dec 2012, 12:59 PM