Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine December! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree149Likes

Ask your Pregnancy Questions Here...

Discussions on "Ask your Pregnancy Questions Here..." in "General Pregnancy" forum.

madhukb is offline Commander's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Madhu

Re: Ask your Pregnancy Questions Here...

Thanks a lot subi...

Quote Originally Posted by beula View Post
    madhu, taking orange juice more is good to increase the hb content of the blood, without putting weight for you.but it should not affect your meals and it should be only additional intake..grape juice and beetroot juice will also help in increasing hb n iron content of the body.

Sponsored Links
    Madhukb
    Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

raadhai is offline Newbie

I can't able to sleep in night. Usually i go to bed by 11.00 PM, but now if i try to sleep also i can't able to sleep.

Give me some idea to get me into sleep.

nlakshmi is offline Minister's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Orange juice contains many essential nutrients that support a healthy pregnancy. In fact, "Parents" magazine lists it as one of the top five foods that all pregnant women need to consume. While you may risk your health if you consume unpasteurized juice during pregnancy, it is definitely not unhealthy to drink pasteurized orange juice.NUTRITIONAL BENEFITSOne cup of orange juice contains 82 mg of vitamin C. The National Institutes of Health recommends pregnant women aim for an average of at least 85 mg of vitamin C per day. Vitamin C acts as an antioxidant, promoting immunity. It is also essential to healing and the development of healthy cartilage, tendons, bones, nd skin. Orange juice is also a source of folate, which can help prevent certain neural tube defects in fetuses. One cup of orange juice contains 45 micrograms of the 600 micrograms recommended daily for pregnant women. With 473 mg of potassium per cup, orange juice is a good source of this fluid-balancing mineral. Potassium can help keep your blood pressure levels in check. High blood pressure can cause serious complications during pregnancy.ADDITIONAL BENEFITSProper hydration is critical during pregnancy. If you suffer from morning sickness, plain water can be hard to choke down. Orange juice, even slightly watered down, may be more palatable. Vitamin C also facilitates the absorption of iron, which helps keep the red blood cells in your body and your baby's body healthy.CONCERNSOrange juice labeled "fresh-squeezed" or "chilled" may be unpasteurized, which means it could carry bacteria that may cause food-borne illness. Pregnant women may be at a greater risk of infection from these bacteria. Food-borne illness can cause dehydration, premature labor, miscarriage, stillbirth or other pregnancy complications. To be safe, choose frozen concentrate, canned or cartons of juice that have "pasteurized" on the label.CONSIDERATIONSChoose pasteurized orange juice fortified with calcium to increase your intake of this bone-building mineral. If you are lactose intolerant or find dairy products distasteful because of morning sickness, fortified orange juice can be a good choice. While orange juice offers a number of nutrients, you may still need to take a prenatal vitamin. Check with your health care provider for recommendations.

swaga2008 and madhukb like this.

madhukb is offline Commander's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Madhu

Thanks a lot for the info Lakshmi...
    Quote Originally Posted by nlakshmi View Post
    Orange juice contains many essential nutrients that support a healthy pregnancy. In fact, "Parents" magazine lists it as one of the top five foods that all pregnant women need to consume. While you may risk your health if you consume unpasteurized juice during pregnancy, it is definitely not unhealthy to drink pasteurized orange juice.NUTRITIONAL BENEFITSOne cup of orange juice contains 82 mg of vitamin C. The National Institutes of Health recommends pregnant women aim for an average of at least 85 mg of vitamin C per day. Vitamin C acts as an antioxidant, promoting immunity. It is also essential to healing and the development of healthy cartilage, tendons, bones, nd skin. Orange juice is also a source of folate, which can help prevent certain neural tube defects in fetuses. One cup of orange juice contains 45 micrograms of the 600 micrograms recommended daily for pregnant women. With 473 mg of potassium per cup, orange juice is a good source of this fluid-balancing mineral. Potassium can help keep your blood pressure levels in check. High blood pressure can cause serious complications during pregnancy.ADDITIONAL BENEFITSProper hydration is critical during pregnancy. If you suffer from morning sickness, plain water can be hard to choke down. Orange juice, even slightly watered down, may be more palatable. Vitamin C also facilitates the absorption of iron, which helps keep the red blood cells in your body and your baby's body healthy.CONCERNSOrange juice labeled "fresh-squeezed" or "chilled" may be unpasteurized, which means it could carry bacteria that may cause food-borne illness. Pregnant women may be at a greater risk of infection from these bacteria. Food-borne illness can cause dehydration, premature labor, miscarriage, stillbirth or other pregnancy complications. To be safe, choose frozen concentrate, canned or cartons of juice that have "pasteurized" on the label.CONSIDERATIONSChoose pasteurized orange juice fortified with calcium to increase your intake of this bone-building mineral. If you are lactose intolerant or find dairy products distasteful because of morning sickness, fortified orange juice can be a good choice. While orange juice offers a number of nutrients, you may still need to take a prenatal vitamin. Check with your health care provider for recommendations.

nlakshmi likes this.
    Madhukb
    Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

muthu13 is offline Newbie

Dear Madam, Its 7th day from missing period for my wife... we got married two years back and from that day we are looking for a child,we tested in pregnancy card two days before and the result came positive, we are happy but very afraid and what we have to do now? when we have to consult doctor? please guide us

Parasakthi is offline Super Moderator Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Parasakthi KS
    Blog Entries

Hello Muthu Sir, Congrats. Ofcourse, You should take her to good gynec and do the check ups further and follow their instructions... Best Wishes..

rameshshan likes this.

very useful thread. thanks for the answers

badmajavischu is offline Newbie

which position is best to sleep during 3 months?

hemaaravind is offline Newbie

When will this Frequent Urination during Pregnancy stop? I am now in my 5th month, since i am working it is very much inconvenient for me.

pls tell me when it will stop and i wil be normal?

I have regular periods and this month i missed my period. How do i check for pregnancy at home itself.

I don't want to go to hospital and disappoint if anything else is in negative. PLs i need quick reply. help me.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 13th Dec 2012, 12:59 PM