Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree149Likes

Ask your Pregnancy Questions Here...

Discussions on "Ask your Pregnancy Questions Here..." in "General Pregnancy" forum.

Lav
    Lav is offline Friends's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Lavanya

Re: Ask your Pregnancy Questions Here...

Quote Originally Posted by raadhai View Post
    I can't able to sleep in night. Usually i go to bed by 11.00 PM, but now if i try to sleep also i can't able to sleep.

Give me some idea to get me into sleep.
    It is normal in pregnancy, Drink warm milk in the night and sleep on your left side and support the tummy with body pillows. I used to add some white noise A/C or fan or heater .

With Luv,
    Lav

Sponsored Links
    Parasakthi and sudhaganapathy like this.
    With luv,
    Lavi

பொறுமை எருமையினும் பெரிது (நமக்கு வந்த தத்துவம்)

Lav
    Real Name
    Lavanya

Quote Originally Posted by hemaaravind View Post
    When will this Frequent Urination during Pregnancy stop? I am now in my 5th month, since i am working it is very much inconvenient for me.

pls tell me when it will stop and i wil be normal?
    Avoid the drinks like coffee,tea. Another tip is when you pee , lean forward and try to empty your bladder completely.

With Luv
    Lav

With luv,
    Lavi

Lav
    Real Name
    Lavanya

Quote Originally Posted by anniephilips View Post
    i have severe itching in the stomach with stretch marks what can i do?
    Avoid soap in tummy area, Use oat meal instead. Apply oil on tummy before bath/ apply moisturizer after bath.

With luv,
    Lavi

Lav
    Real Name
    Lavanya

Quote Originally Posted by madhukb View Post
    Hi,

could u pls tel me the food time table for a pregnant women to intake in a day?
    (like.. from morning to night, i need a complete food time table)

how to avoid bad dreams during pregnancy?

Regards,
    Madhu
    Hi Madhu,

Listen to devotional songs ( M S subbu laskhmi songs are best) and be happy.

With luv,
    Lavi

VAISHU98 is offline Newbie

I have very low blood pressure, Pls let me know what will be complications and how can i control it.

nlakshmi is offline Minister's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

In today’s world of modern times and modern living, a normal blood pressure for an average American is considered to be 120/80. If your blood pressure returns a figure such as this, then you are generally in good health.
    Hypotension refers to abnormally low blood pressure, and a reading even as little as 20mmHg below normal can result in hypotension.
    Of course there are many people in the world who suffer from Hypotension, also known as Low Blood Pressure, and they lead normal healthy lives. There are of course others who suffer terribly from the symptoms of hypotension. It is important that you are aware of these symptoms, as hypotension can deprive your brain of the oxygen it needs in order to keep you alive.
    Common signs and symptoms of Hypotension

Low blood pressure may not always be a bad thing. Some people who may be in the peak of physical fitness may enjoy having a low risk of suffering from a heart attack. For others though, it is not a condition to be happy about, especially if any of the following symptoms is experienced:
    Dizziness or light-headedness
    Fainting
    Irregular heartbeat
    Stiff neck
    Burning and foul smelling urine
    Low concentration
    Blurred vision
    Nausea
    Cold, clammy, pale skin
    Rapid or shallow breathing
    Fatigue
    Depression
    Thirst
    What can cause Hypotension?

Suffering from low blood pressure during your pregnancy may be common, but that doesn’t mean that being pregnant is the only cause of your low blood pressure. There are other factors which may be the cause, and they will need to be ruled out, so that your healthcare provider can be sure that there is no additional danger to you or your baby. Other possible causes of low blood pressure include:
    Heart problems
    Bradycardia, a condition which is caused as a result of extremely low heart rate and problems with the valves of the heart may all cause your blood pressure to be low, and could possibly lead to heart failure, even when you are not pregnant.

Endocrine problems
    Generally caused by either an underactive or overactive thyroid, adrenal insufficiency low blood sugar and in some cases, diabetes. As you can image any of these complications during your pregnancy will need to be dealt with efficiently.

Treating Hypotension

If your healthcare provider is concerned about your low blood pressure, or an underlying factor which has been discovered, then there is a treatment. The kind of treatment which is recommended depends on what the cause for the hypotension is, your age and your fitness level.
    Some of the common methods of treatment are as follows:
    Increased salt intake
    This is usually recommended for those who simply need to increase there blood pressure. However this is not as simple as adding a teaspoon of salt to your diet either, as too much salt can cause you to have high blood pressure. If your healthcare provider recommends this as treatment, then he or she will also give you’re the correct directions on how to go about this method.

Increased water intake
    Of course drinking water is good for you, especially during your pregnancy. Quite simply, fluids increase blood volume, as well as prevent dehydration.

Medication

Of course there is always medication to treat the more serious cases. Check with your doctor for this..

source: pregnancycalendars
    Quote Originally Posted by VAISHU98 View Post
    I have very low blood pressure, Pls let me know what will be complications and how can i control it.

Last edited by Parasakthi; 24th Oct 2012 at 12:37 PM. Reason: External Link Removed

rajshanu is offline Newbie

Hi Mam,

Im new to this forum, i have downloaded sudharagunathan's Garbharakshambigai and sanskrit song of garbharakshambikai it consists of ganesh songs and and ends with garbharakshambikai mantra.
    when and what time i have to hear this songs, while hearing songs can i do some other work or should i concentrate on song... please reply..
    and what are the other songs and mantras can i hear whenever im free.. please reply
    thanks

Blog Entries

Hi, rajshanu,
    Congrats on your pregancy and welcome to penmai.com
    You can hear or chant the song any time you want. If you really want to sit down an do it , do it on the evening during turning on the lights.
    the main purpose of all the songs is to get the positive energy from the songs and words of the songs. What ever you hear, see, feel, the baby will also feel the same. So always hear nice soft music.
    You can hear any devotional songs, kannan paatu,kandha shasti kavasam,Manasasmaraami, and so on and so forth. any song with soothes you and your year. which makes you relax is good.
    Hope it helps..
    Quote Originally Posted by rajshanu View Post
    Hi Mam,

Im new to this forum, i have downloaded sudharagunathan's Garbharakshambigai and sanskrit song of garbharakshambikai it consists of ganesh songs and and ends with garbharakshambikai mantra.
    when and what time i have to hear this songs, while hearing songs can i do some other work or should i concentrate on song... please reply..
    and what are the other songs and mantras can i hear whenever im free.. please reply
    thanks

jv_66 likes this.

rojabharati is offline Newbie

Hello All,

Im in my 29th week of pregnancy now.. Im a working girl.. i have a question here..
    Im facing severe pain in my upper thigh joint area (pelvic joint) more and due to that i could not able to walk properly, sleep, standing up after sitting in chairs, climbing stairs etc,. Pain is very horrible when i sleep and try to turn to other side :(..
    My doctor given me one pain killer tablet and that didnt worked out.. Also i should not have pain killers at this time..
    Any home remedies are there to get reduce this pain?
    Also im planning to come to work till mid of jan'13 as my due date is in feb.. im travelling daily for about 40 mins morn and eve to office.. pain is more in travelling :( Any problems will come due to this pain?

sumathisrini likes this.

Blog Entries

Hey roja,
    congrats on your pregnancy. Its a part and parcel of being pregnant. It might be a loosening of ligaments and also sciatic pain... It should go away as the baby turns its position or after delivery.. check this out from websearch,

Pregnancy comes with its own share of problems and physical discomforts. Although, a woman is elated by the prospect of motherhood, pregnancy anxiety and discomforts may dampen her spirit to some extent. Upper thigh pain is one such problem which plagues millions of pregnant women. The extent and type of pain may vary for every woman depending upon the phase of pregnancy that she is in. Let us know more about thigh pain causes, symptoms and treatment, during pregnancy.

Causes of Thigh Pain During Pregnancy

As mentioned above, pregnancy is a period, wherein a woman's body undergoes a sea change. Hormone levels go awry with pregnancy hormones dominating the body. One such pregnancy hormone that is rampant during pregnancy is relaxin. As the name suggests, relaxin essentially relaxes the muscles and tendons of the pelvic region to facilitate childbirth. On the flip side, it loosens the ligaments of the pubic joint (symphysis pubis) which holds it in place. As a result of this, the pelvic joint becomes unstable, leading to pain. This condition is called Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD). SPD is mainly the cause of upper thigh pain during early pregnancy.

During later pregnancy, the growing uterus may cause a series of problems, thigh pain being one of them. At such time, upper thigh pain is mainly due to sciatica. Sciatica pain occurs when the sciatic nerve, which runs from lower back to thighs to feet gets compressed due to some reason. In late pregnancy, the reason is the growing uterus, which exerts pressure on the sciatic nerve, inducing excruciating pain.

Symptoms of Thigh Pain During Pregnancy

Thigh pain may come and go away with movements or it may be present all the time. If the cause of pain is SPD, then the woman experiences throbbing pain in upper inner thigh, buttocks and in the entire pelvic region. The pain aggravates while sitting, walking or even moving legs. The woman may also feel a sensation of grinding of bones or clicking, popping noises from the pelvic joint. Pain due to SPD can be experienced on both sides or only one side. If the cause of pain is sciatica, then you should expect pain only on one side. The pain is sharp with a burning, tingling sensation. Instead of persistent pain, you may only experience painful bouts with tingling.

Controlling Thigh Pain During Pregnancy

The pain and all the physical discomfort associated with it should go away after delivery, without any treatment. However, if you find it difficult to bear pain during pregnancy, you can certainly take some measures to control the pain. Crutches and pelvic support belt may minimize pain due to SPD while walking. Physiotherapy exercises prove to be the most effective way of managing pain. Pelvic floor exercises which strengthen the muscles and ligaments of the pelvic region are also helpful. However, before starting any exercises, it is important to get a green signal from your OB-GYN. Sciatica pain can be controlled by sleeping on the other side, so that the compressed nerve is not subjected to additional pressure. Some over-the-counter pain medications may also prove to be of great help in managing thigh pain. However, it is not recommended that you take medications without consulting your OB-GYN. Thus, whenever the pain becomes unbearable, see your OB-GYN without delay.

If you perform light exercises right from the beginning of your pregnancy, then you might be able to cope with pregnancy discomforts in a better way. Thigh pain is generally not a cause of concern and should settle on its own in the final stages of the pregnancy, when the baby positions itself for birth.

source:buzzle

Quote Originally Posted by rojabharati View Post
    Hello All,

Im in my 29th week of pregnancy now.. Im a working girl.. i have a question here..
    Im facing severe pain in my upper thigh joint area (pelvic joint) more and due to that i could not able to walk properly, sleep, standing up after sitting in chairs, climbing stairs etc,. Pain is very horrible when i sleep and try to turn to other side :(..
    My doctor given me one pain killer tablet and that didnt worked out.. Also i should not have pain killers at this time..
    Any home remedies are there to get reduce this pain?
    Also im planning to come to work till mid of jan'13 as my due date is in feb.. im travelling daily for about 40 mins morn and eve to office.. pain is more in travelling :( Any problems will come due to this pain?

LinkBacks (?)

1. 13th Dec 2012, 12:59 PM