Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree149Likes

Ask your Pregnancy Questions Here...

Discussions on "Ask your Pregnancy Questions Here..." in "General Pregnancy" forum.

Dwi-Rakhi is offline Newbie
    Real Name
    Rakhi Kapoor

Re: Ask your Pregnancy Questions Here...

Dear Roja,

The pain that you are describing is painful for the mother but does not harm your baby.

This pain in pregnancy occurs to some expecting women. What you need to understand is that your body is making place for your baby and so your pelvis is being stretched which is making you feel uncomfortable.

The pregnancy will progress; the baby will grow further and move down further in to the pelvis closer to your due date preparing for birth.

So chances are more that the pain will aggravate if not staying the same.

What you can do is figure out

When the pain aggravates?
    How much of activity at a continuous stretch increases the pain?
    Eg: walking, sitting

Rest before you reach or change the position before the pain starts.

Turn slowly at night supporting your lower abdomen and breathe to ease the pain.

If you can manage work with your pain and handle it you could continue working.

A random pain killer taken will not harm the baby!

Pregnancies are never easy. Childbirth is challenging and a lot of hard work more over being a mother and loving your child patiently and unconditionally lifelong is simply an act of godliness.

Welcome to pregnancy and mother hood.

Take care….

Rakhi

Sponsored Links
    Love

Rakhi

rojabharati is offline Newbie

Of course i can able to cope up during my office hours.. Pains is increasing nowadays and i can feel more after getting up from bed:(
    Hope there will be no problem in normal delivery due to this pain.. some sites says normal delivery is not possible if this kind of pain is more..
    Eagerly waiting for my due-date with little fear too !!
    Thanks Rakhi

Quote Originally Posted by Dwi-Rakhi View Post
    Dear Roja,

The pain that you are describing is painful for the mother but does not harm your baby.

This pain in pregnancy occurs to some expecting women. What you need to understand is that your body is making place for your baby and so your pelvis is being stretched which is making you feel uncomfortable.

The pregnancy will progress; the baby will grow further and move down further in to the pelvis closer to your due date preparing for birth.

So chances are more that the pain will aggravate if not staying the same.

What you can do is figure out

When the pain aggravates?
    How much of activity at a continuous stretch increases the pain?
    Eg: walking, sitting

Rest before you reach or change the position before the pain starts.

Turn slowly at night supporting your lower abdomen and breathe to ease the pain.

If you can manage work with your pain and handle it you could continue working.

A random pain killer taken will not harm the baby!

Pregnancies are never easy. Childbirth is challenging and a lot of hard work more over being a mother and loving your child patiently and unconditionally lifelong is simply an act of godliness.

Welcome to pregnancy and mother hood.

Take care….

Rakhi

MADHUSRI is offline Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Penmai View Post
    Dear members,

Having a baby is an exciting event in your Life, but it can sometimes confuses a lot with what to do? why? etc.... here is a thread dedicated for preggers questions and answers. Its difficult for members to find questions which is scattered in the pregnancy forum. This thread serves you all, with a collection of questions and answers.

Moms to be, please ask questions in the thread. Try to read the thread fully before posting a question, because it may be already asked and answered. This thread helps you to clear common doubts and give moral support only. Please don't worried, with other persons experience. If there is any serious problems and if you have any doubts in the answers, consult with your doctor.

Moms and seniors, Please try to answer the questions asked by moms to be. So that it will be very helpful to them. Remember the days that you are pregnant and you are helpless when you had some questions on your mind.

If you need you can also ask questions in Tamil.
    hello mam... Iam also pregnant. thanks for giving this opportunity to ask my doubt. last week we had a check up. my gynec said that i am very week and to have healthy diet. she also gave some vitamin tablets. can you please give me a diet chart for me.

sumathisrini likes this.

sumathisrini is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Sumathi

Quote Originally Posted by MADHUSRI View Post
    hello mam... Iam also pregnant. thanks for giving this opportunity to ask my doubt. last week we had a check up. my gynec said that i am very week and to have healthy diet. she also gave some vitamin tablets. can you please give me a diet chart for me.
    Dear Madhusri!

Congrats on your pregnancy. Pl. check the below link for detailed diet chart.

Food Chart for Pregnant Women

Parasakthi and jv_66 like this.

Hi penmai.. thanks for making platform for pregnant ladies to ask their doubts. good effort.

it is my 5th month. still i am getting nausea and sometimes i am feeling like morning sickness. is it common for all pregnant women. what i have to do to overcome this.

nlakshmi is offline Minister's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Hey kaveri,
    dont worry, Its quite normal, some preggers will have nausea and vomitting till delivery time. you dont have anyother go... Eat in small portions with regular intervals instead of 3 full meals, avoid or reduce taking spicy,masala,oily food,as they will produce heartburn and very hard to digest...eats fruits.
    if you feel like vomiting just vomit .. and then eat and then vomit... its all part and parcel of pregnancy... enjoy..
    Quote Originally Posted by kaverirajkumar View Post
    Hi penmai.. thanks for making platform for pregnant ladies to ask their doubts. good effort.

it is my 5th month. still i am getting nausea and sometimes i am feeling like morning sickness. is it common for all pregnant women. what i have to do to overcome this.

vaishnav is offline Commander's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Vaishnavi

Pregnancy comes with its own share of problems and physical discomforts. Although, a woman is elated by the prospect of motherhood, pregnancy anxiety and discomforts may dampen her spirit to some extent. Upper thigh pain is one such problem which plagues millions of pregnant women. The extent and type of pain may vary for every woman depending upon the phase of pregnancy that she is in. Let us know more about thigh pain causes, symptoms and treatment, during pregnancy.

Causes of Thigh Pain During Pregnancy

As mentioned above, pregnancy is a period, wherein a woman's body undergoes a sea change. Hormone levels go awry with pregnancy hormones dominating the body. One such pregnancy hormone that is rampant during pregnancy is relaxin. As the name suggests, relaxin essentially relaxes the muscles and tendons of the pelvic region to facilitate childbirth. On the flip side, it loosens the ligaments of the pubic joint (symphysis pubis) which holds it in place. As a result of this, the pelvic joint becomes unstable, leading to pain. This condition is called Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD). SPD is mainly the cause of upper thigh pain during early pregnancy.

During later pregnancy, the growing uterus may cause a series of problems, thigh pain being one of them. At such time, upper thigh pain is mainly due to sciatica. Sciatica pain occurs when the sciatic nerve, which runs from lower back to thighs to feet gets compressed due to some reason. In late pregnancy, the reason is the growing uterus, which exerts pressure on the sciatic nerve, inducing excruciating pain.

Symptoms of Thigh Pain During Pregnancy

Thigh pain may come and go away with movements or it may be present all the time. If the cause of pain is SPD, then the woman experiences throbbing pain in upper inner thigh, buttocks and in the entire pelvic region. The pain aggravates while sitting, walking or even moving legs. The woman may also feel a sensation of grinding of bones or clicking, popping noises from the pelvic joint. Pain due to SPD can be experienced on both sides or only one side. If the cause of pain is sciatica, then you should expect pain only on one side. The pain is sharp with a burning, tingling sensation. Instead of persistent pain, you may only experience painful bouts with tingling.

Controlling Thigh Pain During Pregnancy

The pain and all the physical discomfort associated with it should go away after delivery, without any treatment. However, if you find it difficult to bear pain during pregnancy, you can certainly take some measures to control the pain. Crutches and pelvic support belt may minimize pain due to SPD while walking. Physiotherapy exercises prove to be the most effective way of managing pain. Pelvic floor exercises which strengthen the muscles and ligaments of the pelvic region are also helpful. However, before starting any exercises, it is important to get a green signal from your OB-GYN. Sciatica pain can be controlled by sleeping on the other side, so that the compressed nerve is not subjected to additional pressure. Some over-the-counter pain medications may also prove to be of great help in managing thigh pain. However, it is not recommended that you take medications without consulting your OB-GYN. Thus, whenever the pain becomes unbearable, see your OB-GYN without delay.

If you perform light exercises right from the beginning of your pregnancy, then you might be able to cope with pregnancy discomforts in a better way. Thigh pain is generally not a cause of concern and should settle on its own in the final stages of the pregnancy, when the baby positions itself for birth.

source: Upper Thigh Pain During Pregnancy

Last edited by nlakshmi; 13th Dec 2012 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Unlink
    sumathisrini likes this.

MADHUSRI is offline Newbie

Nice to hear good replies from senior moms... thanks a lot

nlakshmi and sumathisrini like this.

tint is offline Friends's of Penmai

All The Best & Congratulation!

Don't we all go through this terrible thing!! For me, i used to have crackers and ginger ale, and that used make the symptoms go away. For some i have heard that sprite does the trick. However with regard to Orange Juice and lemon juice, some times it can aggravate the nausea feeling. Anyway the above needs to be taken on empty stomach the fist thing in the morning. That helps a lot. Ofcourse, if really sick all the time and not bale to hold food down, the doc shoud be able to help her with some medications.

Also,

1. Stay away from strong smells and foods that make your stomach queasy.
    2. Keep a diary to find out which foods cause the worst reactions.
    3. Ask your body which foods and beverages might ease the nausea. Consider different flavors, textures, aromas, and temperatures.
    4. Eat and drink whatever stays down. It is important to stop the nausea before moving on to feeding the body nutritiously.
    5. Eat 5-6 small meals a day.
    6. Stay well hydrated and drink fluids throughout the day. Experiment with ginger ale, ginger tea, lemonade, lemon tea, fruit juices, water with lemon, and carbonated beverages.
    7. To help with early morning nausea, have a light snack before getting out of bed. Try crackers, dry cereal, potato chips, lemonade—whatever sounds good to you.
    8. Avoid foods that trigger a bout of nausea. This could be greasy and fried foods, gas-forming foods, or spicy foods.

nlakshmi and sumathisrini like this.
    Cheers!

Usha

Time can make us forget some memories, but there would be some memories which make us forget the time and those are the moments that make the life worthwhile.....Have a memorable day!!!

vaishnav is offline Commander's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Vaishnavi

What causes NVP?

No one knows exactly what causes the nausea of pregnancy. Most researchers believe it’s a combination of the many physical changes taking place in your body such as the higher levels of hormones during early pregnancy.
    How long will morning sickness last?

Nausea and vomiting usually begin around the 6th week of pregnancy. Although common in the morning, “morning sickness” can actually happen at any time of the day. For 80% of sufferers, this condition stops around the 12th week of pregnancy although queasiness can come and go throughout pregnancy. The other 20% will suffer from nausea and vomiting for a longer period of time. Some women may even have the condition until the end of their pregnancy.

Most women who suffer from NVP will see their condition interfere with usual daily activities. Many will have to change their daily schedule in some way in order to cope with their condition.

The health effects of nausea and vomiting of pregnancy

Most cases of nausea and vomiting in early pregnancy aren’t harmful to the mother and her unborn child. While short-term dietary deficiencies do not appear to have any harmful effects on pregnancy outcome, severe and persistent NVP symptoms can affect your health.
    For most women, the feelings of nausea and the episodes of vomiting decrease at some point during the day so that they feel hungry again and can keep food down. However, if you are so sick that you are missing meals day after day, your baby may not be getting all the daily nutrients to grow as healthy as he or she can.

Helpful tips to control nausea and vomiting

DIET – Food

• When you first wake up, eat a few crackers and then rest for 15 minutes before getting out of bed.
    • Get up slowly and do not lie down right after eating.
    • Eat small meals or snacks often so your stomach does not become empty (for example, every 2 hours). Try not to skip meals.
    • Do not hesitate to eat whatever you feel like eating and eat whenever you want to. However, it is best to avoid cooking or eating spicy, fatty and fried foods.
    • If cooking odours bother you, open the windows and turn on the stove fan. If possible, ask someone else to cook the meals.
    • Try eating cold food instead of hot (cold food may not smell as strong as hot food).
    • Sniffing lemons or ginger can sometimes relieve an upset stomach.
    • Eating salty pot

DIET – Drinks

• Drink small amounts of fluids frequently during the day.
    • Avoid drinking fluids during meals and immediately before or after a meal.

Food Ideas to Help Relieve Nausea

• Salty: Chips, pretzels
    • Tart/Sweet: Pickles, lemonade
    • Earthy: Brown rice, mushroom soup, peanut butter
    • Crunchy: Celery sticks, apple slices, nuts
    • Bland: Mashed potatoes, gelatin, broth
    • Soft: Bread, noodles
    • Sweet: Cake, sugary cereals
    • Fruity: Fruity popsicles, watermelon
    • Liquid: Juice, seltzer, sparkling water, ginger ale
    • Dry: Crackers

LIFESTYLE – Other

• Get plenty of fresh air and avoid warm places as feeling hot can add to nausea.
    • Acupressure wrist bands or acupuncture can be beneficial for some women. If you are considering acupuncture, consult your healthcare professional and look for an experienced and licensed acupuncturist.
    • Try ginger, an alternative remedy thought to settle the stomach. Dosages of up to 250 mg four times a day appear to be safe.
    • Try taking your prenatal vitamins (one with a lower amount of iron if that mineral makes your nausea worse) with food or just before bed. If multivitamins make your nausea worse, take folic acid alone on a daily basis.

Source:Nausea and Vomiting During Pregnancy | Pregnancy | Women's Health Information | SOGC

LinkBacks (?)

1. 13th Dec 2012, 12:59 PM