Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree149Likes

Ask your Pregnancy Questions Here...

Discussions on "Ask your Pregnancy Questions Here..." in "General Pregnancy" forum.

Penmai is offline Administrator Blogger
    Real Name
    Ilavarasi
    Blog Entries

Ask your Pregnancy Questions Here...

Dear members,

Having a baby is an exciting event in your Life, but it can sometimes confuses a lot with what to do? why? etc.... here is a thread dedicated for preggers questions and answers. Its difficult for members to find questions which is scattered in the pregnancy forum. This thread serves you all, with a collection of questions and answers.

Moms to be, please ask questions in the thread. Try to read the thread fully before posting a question, because it may be already asked and answered. This thread helps you to clear common doubts and give moral support only. Please don't worried, with other persons experience. If there is any serious problems and if you have any doubts in the answers, consult with your doctor.

Moms and seniors, Please try to answer the questions asked by moms to be. So that it will be very helpful to them. Remember the days that you are pregnant and you are helpless when you had some questions on your mind.

If you need you can also ask questions in Tamil.

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links
    with regards,
    Penmai's Team
    Penmai eMagazine November 2016

malati is offline Newbie

Re: Ask your Pregnancy Questions Here...

Ilavarasi mam thanks for this thread. here is my question.what can I do to relieve from nausea and vomiting?

nlakshmi is offline Minister's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Hi malathi,

Nausea and vomitting are the part of early pregnancy.. Some are lucky to enjoy pregnacy without it.. but some get caught up in Nausea and pregnancy.. Whenever you feel nauseated, smell your hair.. its a easy and quick remedy.

Eat anything tangy (like pulipu mittai, lemon-lime(smell or have a little taste,raw mango etc.

During your pregnancy your taste buds totally change and sense of smelling will increase, so you will get nauseated and vomit for the smell of cooking rice, dal, vegetable boiling, some are even nauseated by the garam masala smell. It will not stay the same way, as the sense of smell will be changing all through the pregnancy..

But if you feel like vomit..while you are eating, just vomit , wash yourself and start eating again.. Vomit should not stop you from eating and donot stop eating just because you think eating is making you vomit..

beacause you need more energy at the first semester as that is the days of forming of your baby's organs..and structures.. The more nutrition you get, the more healthy is your baby..and if you dont eat well, you will form gas and that will also make you vomit..

There are moms, who vomit till the end of the pregnancy...and dont eat any tablets for not throwing up...

Last edited by Parasakthi; 2nd Mar 2012 at 10:22 AM.

easvin is offline Newbie

Just wn't 2 know how 2 maintain our w8 during pregnency .because when i was carrying my daughter i gained only 7 kg's but for the second one now almost i gained 12kg's im in my 8th month know (im not eating any oil items .no fruit juices and no sweets no rice items) but it's gaining i don't know how.can u plz suggest me something 2 reduce my w8 after my delivery plzzz. only Sugar@B.P is there know no other prob's is there.

nlakshmi likes this.

kiruba36 is offline Newbie

friends i am in 8th month now. foot swelling is just started. help me to manage it.

nlakshmi likes this.

kiruba36 is offline Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by easvin View Post
    Just wn't 2 know how 2 maintain our w8 during pregnency .because when i was carrying my daughter i gained only 7 kg's but for the second one now almost i gained 12kg's im in my 8th month know (im not eating any oil items .no fruit juices and no sweets no rice items) but it's gaining i don't know how.can u plz suggest me something 2 reduce my w8 after my delivery plzzz. only Sugar@B.P is there know no other prob's is there.
    congrats on your 2nd pregnancy!!!

sometimes there will be sudden rise in weight, may be due to hormonal changes. please don't restrict in diet, as this is very important period for your baby.

you can try walking to help to maintain weight. whats your doctors advise?

Blog Entries

Hi easvin,
    Its normal to gain weight during the second trimerster of the pregnancy because the baby growth is rapid in the 2nd and 3rd trimester. Sugar and bp is the main problem during 3rd trimester.. I believe you checked for gestational diabetes that has to be taken in 2nd and 3rd trimester.. and dont be lethargic if you have sudden increase in weight in the final weeks of your preganancy after 32 weeks.. Go to your doctor immediately if you have sudden increase in weight, hands, feet,face swelling, seeing white spots.and have high blood pressure, this may be symptoms of pre-eclampsia.. Your doctor will check and see if you have protein in your urine.. So dont be off when you have these symptoms..

after delivery, reducing weight is little hard as you need to have energy for feeding and taking care of the first one and household chores.. So eat well, and healthy and go for a walk daily or join the gym.. Because trust me.. at the end of the day you will only want to crash in the bed but not for exercise and walking.. so if you are committed to any gym.. an hour a day will really make the difference..
    Quote Originally Posted by easvin View Post

Blog Entries

hi Kriba,
    its normal in this time of pregnancy.. Try sitting in the floor with your legs streched...kaal neeti okkarunga.. illa chair okkarum podhum, stool mela kaal pottu okkanrunga... kaala elevateda vachinga.. swelling konjam kammi aagum.. romba neram nikkathinga, romba nera okkarathinga.. movement irundhutte irukanum.. thanni niraya kudinga.. the more frequent you go to the loo, your swelling be less..as your water will not be retained in your body.. Try drinking barley water.. it will make you go to the loo more frequent..its the part and parcel of the preganancy..
    Quote Originally Posted by kiruba36 View Post
    friends i am in 8th month now. foot swelling is just started. help me to manage it.

ethi1985 is offline Newbie

Dear Mam!
    I'm Going To Get Married On This June. My Would Be Wants To Get TWINS.
    What're All The Possibilities To get Twins?
    Is There Any Special Treatment For That?
    Kindly Give The Solutions For This.
    Thanking You.

Blog Entries

Naturally conceived twins occur in about 1 out of every 89 births. Under normal circumstances, your odds of conceiving twins are slim. Taking fertility medications or undergoing a procedure like IVF can increase your chances of conceiving twins, but you may be curious if there is anything you can do to naturally increase your chances of having twins.

How are twins conceived?

Most twins are fraternal. Fraternal twins develop from two separate eggs. Identical twins are rare and happen as a result of just one egg which splits sometime in early pregnancy. Fraternal twins are conceived when two eggs are released during ovulation whereas identical twins are more of a random fluke.
    Can you increase your chances of having twins?

Yes, there are some things that will increase your chances of having twins, but some of these things are really out of your control. Having a family history of twins will increase your chances of having twins. This is true if you have a family history of twins, meaning someone on your mother’s side or father’s side of the family has had twins, especially if they had fraternal twins. If your partner has twins in his family, it doesn’t help you any. The reason being is that there may be some genetic component that may cause you to produce more than one egg during ovulation. This “twin gene” may be passed down from your parents to you. Identical twins are not thought to be hereditary.
    Other factors that may affect your chances of having twins are your ethnicity and your age. African American women are more likely to conceive twins than Caucasian women. And, Asian women have a lower chance of conceiving twins. Twins are also more common in older women.
    Things you can do to naturally increase your chances of having twins:

Take a folic acid supplement: There have been a few studies on the link between folic acid and conceiving twins. One Australian study found that women who took folic acid before they got pregnant were more likely to conceive twins. In fact, according to this study, you may have a 40% or greater chance of conceiving twins if you take folic acid while you are trying to conceive. Some other studies have shown contradictory results making it hard to say for sure if folic acid actually increases your odds of conceiving twins. Nevertheless, folic acid also helps to prevent neural tube defects so it is a good idea to take a folic acid supplement (or a multi vitamin with folic acid) even if you aren’t trying to conceive twins.
    Gain weight: A study published in the March 2005 issue of Obstetrics & Gynecology found that women who were overweight had a higher chance of having twins. Women who were tall also had a higher chance of having twins.
    Eat dairy products: According to a recent study by Dr. Gary Steinman, a physician at Long Island Jewish Medical Center who is well known for research on multiple birth pregnancies, women who eat dairy are five times more likely to conceive twins than women who don’t. Dr. Steinman’s study compared women who ate a regular diet with vegan women and vegetarian women who consumed dairy products. Vegans appear to be less likely to conceive twins according to the study. But, it may not be so much that consuming dairy increases your chances of having twins; but rather, that consuming milk or other dairy products from growth hormone treated cows increases your chances of having twins.
    Continue breastfeeding: If you are breastfeeding and would like to conceive twins, you may want to hold off on weaning your little one. According to one twin study, women who were breastfeeding when they conceived were nine times more likely to conceive twins than women who are were not breastfeeding.

Try to conceive shortly after discontinuing birth control pills: Sometimes when a woman quits using birth control pills, her body gets “out of wack” as it tries to start regulating its own hormone production again. If a woman has been using the pill for six months or more her body adjusts to the birth control controlling her hormones so when she stops taking the pill, her body may take a cycle or two to get her hormones working the way they are supposed to. When this happens, women sometimes receive a little too much hormone stimulation. This can cause the ovaries to release one too many eggs during the first ovulatory cycle or two after discontinuing the pill. So if you want to have twins, the first cycle or two after stopping the pill is a great time to try!
    Eat wild yams: We are not sure if this one will really work but it can’t hurt. The theory behind eating yams is that there may be a chemical in wild yams, or cassava root, which may cause hyperstimulation of the ovaries, resulting in the release of more than one egg during ovulation. We are not sure if this is true or not but one town in Africa, Igbo-Ora, is known for having a high rate of twins. This small town in Nigeria claims to have the highest rate of twins in the world, 4 times higher than the rest of the world’s population. Researchers started looking into the diet of this African town and concluded that the reason for the high rate of twins might be due to their diet. People in the town of Igbo-Ora consume a large amount of cassava root, a wild yam. Researchers believe that the wild yams may play a role in the high rate of twins conceived in this town.
    Have a big family: Having a big family also naturally increases your chances of having twins. It makes sense, the more times you are pregnant, the more likely it is that one of your pregnancies will be twins.
    Try to get pregnant when you are older: Women who are older are more likely to have twins. Women over 45 have a 17% chance of conceiving twins, but they also have a lower fertility rate so it probably won’t make sense to wait until you are older just to conceive twins. Still, if you are older and are able to conceive, you are more likely to have twins than someone younger. The reason being is most likely related to the fact that older women start producing higher levels of FSH, follicle stimulating hormone. FSH is a hormone that tells your ovaries to start maturing an egg for ovulation. As you get older, you have less eggs and lower quality eggs, so to compensate your body starts producing more FSH. This increase in FSH production may cause an older woman to be over stimulated and result in the release of more than one egg during ovulation; thus, increasing the chances of conceiving twins.

Source: JustMommies.com

Hey ethi1985,
    conceiving twins is like playing jeopardy. The chances are high if you have twins running in your family ie., its hereditary. You have to gain weight according to the sources. but Gaining weight will lessen you chance in conceiving single baby.. Its your call... If it is meant to happen, it will happen. All the methods thats given above are not proven, just researched. So dont get your expectations high and receive life as it is.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 13th Dec 2012, 12:59 PM