User Tag List

Like Tree15Likes
  • 2 Post By rojabharati
  • 4 Post By Preethi4u
  • 4 Post By nlakshmi
  • 3 Post By rojabharati
  • 2 Post By nlakshmi

having biscuits during pregnancy

Discussions on "having biscuits during pregnancy" in "General Pregnancy" forum.

rojabharati is offline Newbie

having biscuits during pregnancy

hi,
    This is my first pregnancy and im in my 26th week now.. im a working girl and travelling daily to my office.. im having healthy food daily.. nowadays i feel little more hunger so that im having biscuits at work time along with milk(packet milk). my doubt is whether having biscuits daily will harm my baby? im eating biscuits like marie gold, milk bikis which is better to have with milk.. reply pls...

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links
    nlakshmi and Preethi4u like this.

Preethi4u is offline Friends's of Penmai

Re: having biscuits during pregnancy

Quote Originally Posted by rojabharati View Post
    hi,
    This is my first pregnancy and im in my 26th week now.. im a working girl and travelling daily to my office.. im having healthy food daily.. nowadays i feel little more hunger so that im having biscuits at work time along with milk(packet milk). my doubt is whether having biscuits daily will harm my baby? im eating biscuits like marie gold, milk bikis which is better to have with milk.. reply pls...
    Hi Rojabharthi,

Congrats on your pregnancy. eating biscuit is healthy but don't eat too much biscuits as it can lead to constipation also keep in mind that the calorie content is high which will increase your weight and trigger your sugar level. Instead of biscuits go for wheat crackers like Britannia nutri choice and fresh fruits.Take veg sandwich or salad.

Enjoy your pregnancy.Do consult your doctor for proper eating guidance. All the best

அப்பா
    My Clicks

Preethi's Recipes

END is not the end, In fact E.N.D is "Effort never dies" and if you get NO in answer remember N.O. "Next opportunity" So always stay positive in life

nlakshmi is offline Minister's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Hey roja,
    Congrats on your pregnancy... No, Having biscuits in your daily food does not affect your pregnancy provided its not those choclatey biscuits available now a days...Regular milkbikis, marie biscuits are good to take during cravings time...I used to empty the small packet during tea time.. But watch for your weight too and the glucose level too.. It will not harm the baby, but eating a packet daily will raise your blood glucose level and also will stimulate constipation which will be already taking its toll during 2nd and 3rd trimesters. So eat lot of fibre enriched biscuits like nutrigrain biscuits which will have whole grains, less fat, less constipation, good taste.Enjoy your pregnancy and do excercise regularly.
    Quote Originally Posted by rojabharati View Post
    hi,

rojabharati is offline Newbie

hi Preethi and Lakshmi,
    Thanks for your valuable replies. Already im facing constipation problems so i will reduce taking biscuits Im having fruits daily, my cabin is like a snack store nowadays
    My weight is not increasing more infact i lost three kgs in my first trimester and gained 4kgs now.. I will keep checking my glucose levels too!!!
    Eagerly waiting to see my cute baby

nlakshmi, Preethi4u and sumitra like this.

nlakshmi is offline Minister's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Sure Roja,
    Pregnancy is the time where you can fulfill your eating desire without guilt... So enjoy eating.. Do check on the weight gain, as 2nd and 3rd trimester will be the period of rapid weight gain, as this is the growing period of your baby, and she needs more nutrition now. Enjoy the pregnancy!!!

Preethi4u and sumitra like this.