User Tag List

Like Tree12Likes
  • 3 Post By Nishahameetha
  • 1 Post By umaravi2011
  • 3 Post By Ganga
  • 2 Post By umaravi2011
  • 3 Post By Ganga

Cervical Dysplasia

Discussions on "Cervical Dysplasia" in "Gynaecology Problems" forum.

Nishahameetha is offline Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Hameetha
    Blog Entries

Cervical Dysplasia

Abnormal or atypical changes, which resemble malignancy involving a part or whole thickness of the epithelial lining or superficial covering of the cervix the mouth of the womb.

Cause
    There is a transformation zone between the lining of the uterus and the vagina which changes during developmental phases such as adolescence and pregnancy. Introduction of a carcinogen through sexual intercourse at a younger age is perhaps the most likely cause. Multiple sexual partners increase the likelihood of introduction of multiple agents. Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) has been identified as the likely co-factor. Other associated high risk factors include low socio-economic status, poor hygiene and multiparity.

Symptoms
    Cervical dysplasia is asymptomatic. It may produce increased vaginal discharge. On examination the cervix may be absolutely healthy or have small ulcers.

Diagnosis
    Pap Smear, the screening test is the most important test to pick up these early cases. In cases of positive smear colposcopy (a test in which the cervix is examined with the help of magnification) is carried out and a biopsy is taken for final confirmation.

Treatment Cervical dysplasia is precancerous and not cancer. Fortunately almost 2/3 of cases of cervical dysplasia regress spontaneously and do not progress to invasive cancer. In one third of cases the lesion may progress to cancer but it may take a long time to do so. Moderate to severe dysplasia need treatment which may be in the form of cervical cryo canterization LEEP or conization. Radical procedures like hysterectomy are generally not required. Treatment of dysplasia is simple, effective and has very low failure rate.

Prevention
    1. Avoidance of exposure to intercourse at an early age.
    2. Safe sexual practices.
    3. Personal hygiene.

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links
    Ganga, umaravi2011 and Mals like this.

umaravi2011 is offline Minister's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Uma

Re: Cervical Dysplasia

Hi Nisha

Nice awareness sharing i heard, once u under go Papsmear every six months once u have to do otherwise the walls of the utrus will melt and get heavy bleeding is it true?

Nishahameetha likes this.

umaravi
    COURAGE IS NOTHING BUT WILLING TO BE AFRAID

Ask a Recipe - I will try to post it for you

Ganga is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Minister's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by umaravi2011 View Post
    Hi Nisha

Nice awareness sharing i heard, once u under go Papsmear every six months once u have to do otherwise the walls of the utrus will melt and get heavy bleeding is it true?
    Hi Umaravi,

I haven't heard anything like that, check with you Gynac on your next visit. I have done Pap smear test an year ago on my general Gynac visit. The result showed normal so she asked me to go through the same after 2-3 years only.

In case if the result is abnormal then its advised to test yearly once. Thats what they said to me. Better to get it confirmed with you Gynac but i never got heavy bleeding.

Regards,

கங்கா
    விழாமல் இருப்பது பெருமையன்று. விழும் போது எல்லாம் எழுவது தான் பெருமை!!

umaravi2011 is offline Minister's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Uma

Quote Originally Posted by Ganga View Post
    Hi Umaravi,

I haven't heard anything like that, check with you Gynac on your next visit. I have done Pap smear test an year ago on my general Gynac visit. The result showed normal so she asked me to go through the same after 2-3 years only.

In case if the result is abnormal then its advised to test yearly once. Thats what they said to me. Better to get it confirmed with you Gynac but i never got heavy bleeding.

Regards,
    thank u very much i have not gone thro this my mom had this test that nurse was telling her you have to take this test once in a six months otherwise your utrus will get infect and the bleeding will be heavy

anyway i will tell mom to check with the gynac

thank u very much for your concern

Ganga and Nishahameetha like this.

umaravi
    COURAGE IS NOTHING BUT WILLING TO BE AFRAID

Ask a Recipe - I will try to post it for you

Ganga is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Minister's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by umaravi2011 View Post
    thank u very much i have not gone thro this my mom had this test that nurse was telling her you have to take this test once in a six months otherwise your utrus will get infect and the bleeding will be heavy

anyway i will tell mom to check with the gynac

thank u very much for your concern
    Hi Umaravi,

Please check this thread for more info on this matter. Thanks to our Dear Viji....

கர்ப்பவாய் புற்றுநோய்

Regards,

கங்கா
    விழாமல் இருப்பது பெருமையன்று. விழும் போது எல்லாம் எழுவது தான் பெருமை!!

Mals is offline Guru's of Penmai