Ovarian Cyst Burst Symptoms
Discussions on "Ovarian Cyst Burst Symptoms" in "Gynaecology Problems" forum.
26th Sep 2012, 12:31 PM #1
- Real Name
- Join Date
- Jul 2011
- Blog Entries
Ovarian Cyst Burst Symptoms
Ovarian cysts are quite common among premenopausal women and in a lesser case among postmenopausal women. These cysts are fluid filled sacs within an ovary, and are very similar to blisters. Almost 95% of the cysts are harmless but in some cases, they can get cancerous. Ovarian cysts appear in women most commonly during their reproductive years and they gradually shrink and disappear within a few months. However, sometimes instead of shrinking they grow larger in size and become cancerous. It is during those times that there is a heightened risk of bursting and spilling out their contents.
The most common cause of the bursting of the cyst is due to the lack of luteinizing hormones. As a result, the eggs from the ovaries remain attached to the cyst like structure called the follicle, which turn into cysts and form the ruptured ovarian cysts. If the rupture is ignored then it can lead to life threatening conditions. So, it is very necessary that the symptoms of the rupture be identified and proper medical care taken. To do this read the article given below on what the symptoms of ruptured ovarian cysts are.
Signs & Symptoms Of Ruptured Ovarian Cyst
- For women who have crossed their teenage years, rupture in the ovarian cyst can cause irregular menstruation. It can also include the absence of periods. Sometimes it can result in very heavy bleeding while at other times it can be very light. During menstruation, there is also an excruciating pain in the pelvic area.
- Due to the ruptured ovarian cyst, the women experience extreme pain in the pelvic area and around the thighs. Sometimes there are also chances of backache. The pain mostly occurs before, during and after menstruation. There is considerable discomfort and sometimes it is accompanied by bleeding. When the ovarian cyst is ruptured, the pain is intense and long lasting.
- Women who are sexually active experience a considerable amount of pain during intercourse. Here again the pain is concentrated around the pelvic area.
- The rupture in the ovarian cyst makes it difficult for the women to urinate and properly empty their bladder. There is also an increased pressure on the bladder, which results in the urge to urinate more frequently. This happens because the rupture puts the pressure on the bladder.
- The rupture can even cause bleeding even if the periods are not due. Depending on the cyst, the bleeding can be slight or heavy. Any unaccountable bleeding should be checked, as it can be the main cause of a ruptured ovarian cyst.
- Intense nausea and vomiting can also be a sign of rupture in the ovarian cyst. If these are accompanied by general ill health then medical advice should be sought.
- Other symptoms that could be associated with the rapture in the ovarian cyst are resistance to insulin, symptoms similar to pregnancy, fainting spells, etc. General discomfort as a result of these symptoms are the best signs to identify rapture in ovarian cyst.
- Even an abnormal weight gain, acne, tenderness in the breasts and the change in the body structure can also point towards the bursting of the ovarian cyst. Psychologically it can result in emotional disturbances.
8th Jun 2015, 07:25 AM #2
Re: Ovarian Cyst Burst Symptoms