Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree17Likes
  • 5 Post By suneeta
  • 4 Post By PriyagauthamH
  • 3 Post By jv_66
  • 2 Post By premabarani

Low lying plecenta

Discussions on "Low lying plecenta" in "Gynaecology Problems" forum.

suneeta is offline Newbie

Low lying plecenta

hi
    my name is suneta
    i am 4 th month pregnant,my doctor told me i have low lying plcenta,this my second pregnancy,in my first pregnancy i lossed my baby girl during placenta previa.plz help me what i am do to save my second kid.

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links

PriyagauthamH is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Guru's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Re: Low lying plecenta

Hi Suneta , congrats on your pregnancy ......

Pls check the below articles......

Do eat a healthy diet rich in iron to prevent anemia .... as risk of bleeding is high with placenta previa .....
    Pray to goddess garbarakshambikai .....
    Be positive and confident and do not constantly worry about low lying placenta .....
    Good luck and our prayers and wishes for your safe delivery ......

How is placenta praevia managed?

Managing placenta praevia is sometimes just a matter of your medical team watching and waiting, while monitoring the position of your placenta.

Your care will also vary, depending on whether or not you've had any bleeding. If you've had no bleeding, you'll probably be able to stay at home. You may be advised to avoid having sex for the rest of your pregnancy.

You should have someone to help you at all times and be able to get to hospital at a moment's notice. If you remain free of complications, you're likely to be offered a planned caesarean at 38 weeks to 39 weeks.

If you have placenta accreta, or have had bleeding, you'll be admitted to hospital when you're 34 weeks pregnant. A planned caesarean will probably be scheduled for when you're between 36 weeks and 37 weeks pregnant. A senior obstetrician will carry out the caesarean. Because you may be more vulnerable to bleeding during the operation, a blood transfusion will be on standby, just in case.

If you have any bleeding, contractions or period-type pains before you're due to be admitted, go straight to hospital, so you can be monitored. If your symptoms stop, you may be asked to stay until your baby is ready to be born.

If your symptoms don't stop, or if you go into premature labour, your baby will need to be born by emergency caesarean section. If this happens before you are 35 weeks pregnant, your obstetrician will suggest that you have an injection of steroids. Steroids will help to speed up the development of your baby's lungs.What can I do to help myself?

You can't do anything to change the position of the placenta. But you can do a lot to stay healthy and well.

Eat plenty of nutritious foods, particularly those that are rich in iron, such as red meat, pulses and green leafy vegetables. This will reduce your chances of becoming anaemic. If your iron levels are low, your doctor or midwife may recommend that you take iron supplements.

If you are in hospital, keep your circulation going, to help prevent blood clots. Try to move around, drink plenty of water, and use compression stockings if your midwife offers them to you.

If you have placenta praevia and are waiting to see if your placenta moves up, it's bound to be a worrying time for you. Rest assured there is plenty that your medical team can do to keep you and your baby safe and well.

You will have the most experienced doctors available to you. If you have placenta praevia with suspected placenta accreta, both a consultant obstetrician and consultant anaesthetist should care for you during a caesarean.

Low-lying placenta after 20 weeks (placenta praevia) - BabyCentre

Suneta click the below link to know more from the royal college website .......

Last edited by PriyagauthamH; 21st Nov 2013 at 11:56 PM.
    Priya

jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy

Welcome to Penmai....Suneeta.

Congrats for your pregnancy.

Priya has given the suitable suggestion for you.

Since you have found this at this early stage, I think, it is possible to solve the problem by your Gynaec.

Please consult a reputed and experienced Gynaec. She could surely help you to solve your problem.

And pray Goddess Garbarakshambika, who will surely help you to come out of the problem and for safe delivery.

And you may strictly follow the suggestions given by your doctor, and be in continuous touch with her.

If you don't find a best doctor in Pune, I think you can find the best doctor in Mumbai, whom you can find through your friend's contact.

But you should also be careful, whether you could travel.

We shall also pray for your safe delivery.

Jayanthy

premabarani is offline Commander's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Premalata Baranidharan

Hi Suneta
    Congratulations.
    Nothing to worry about Low lying Placenta, As shown by Priya you need to 1. take adequate rest
    2. No weight lifting- even babies or children, any water container, Pressure cooker( above 6 kg) etc
    3. No much climbing Stair-case
    4.No long journeys & totally avoid two- Wheelers & Auto Rickshaws Rides.

Be Positive & Hope for the Best.
    Dr.Prema barani

Parasakthi and PriyagauthamH like this.
    Prema Barani

Mals is offline Guru's of Penmai