What Is Hair Spa ?
Discussions on "What Is Hair Spa ?" in "Hair Care & Hair Removal" forum.
23rd Jan 2012, 12:02 PM #1
- Real Name
- Join Date
- Jul 2011
- Blog Entries
What Is Hair Spa ?
Spa treatments were earlier available only at five star hotels, now it is available everywhere. With the tight, hectic and tiring schedule of today’s life, it is difficult for people to spend too many days to rejuvenate and relax. Spas are a quick fix option for people who wish to relax and rejuvenate.
Earlier spas were concentrating on body; slowly they started treatments for the hair too. Hair spas were exclusively developed to deal with hair problems like dandruff, dry hair, scalp conditions, hair loss, etc.
Hair spa helps in recovery of the shine and moisture in the hair, which is lost due to pollution and dryness.
• Ideally, a hair spa involves oil massage of the scalp, shampooing and conditioning.
• It starts with oiling the scalp and the hair, oiling and massaging is necessary to reduce hair fall and bring a shine in the hair.
• This is followed by shampooing. Scalp is massaged for at least 10 minutes during shampooing.
• After shampooing, conditioning treatment is done. A deep conditioning mask is applied and it is massaged for 20 -25 minutes. Then a cream is applied from the root of the hair to the tip.
• It may take around one hour for this treatment at a salon.
• Hair spa treatment is said to be best for those, who are facing hair loss and those with dull and damaged hair. This treatment claims to arrest hair fall and regain the lost sheen and bounce of the hair. Even hair problems, like, dandruff, itchy scalp, etc., can be reduced with this treatment.
Hair spa treatment cost may vary from one salon to another. It will be better to do a comparative study of the quality of treatment, cost and expertise of the different salons, before choosing the one that is best suited for you. If the salon hair spa treatment does not fit in your budget, you may also opt for a homemade hair spa treatment, that too at a very less cost.
In short, hair spa can work wonders for your hair, especially, if it is dull and damaged. It can also relieve you from a wide range of hair problems.