Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By devikacs
  • 2 Post By jv_66
  • 3 Post By Yamunan

need reviews on using dove shampoo

Discussions on "need reviews on using dove shampoo" in "Hair Care & Hair Removal" forum.

devikacs is offline Newbie

need reviews on using dove shampoo

hi... i am facing severe hair fall problem now a days. presently i am using dove shampoo. after using this shapoo, my dandruff is controlled. at first i didnt face any hair fall. but in the last 2 months, i lost my hair density. severe hair fall. my friends adviced me to try some other shampoo. dove is not good for hair. but in starting i didnt face any prob with dove shampoo. pls tel me is it a good shampoo or not. shall i continue with the same or need to change some other brands.

pls tel your suggestions.

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links
    jv_66, Yamunan and sumitra like this.

sumitra is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Re: need reviews on using dove shampoo

Dear Devika, I understand your problem. The shampoo available in the market may suit to someone and the opinion they give about that particular brand may not be true for you. Hence the reviews of these products should not be believed in toto. Better for your hair fall problem try some home remedies which I am giving below for your easy preparation at home itself and get a better result out of it.

• Separate the yolk of an egg and massage it into the scalp and distribute it evenly throughout the entire hair length. Let the yolk stay in the hair for 20 minutes and rinse out with cool water. Be careful because hot water will cook the egg in your hair.
      Eggs have been used by beauty experts for generations to achieve beautiful and strong hair. Egg yolks are full of protein and vitamins that aid in hair growth. An egg yolk hair mask is an excellent treatment for thinning hair because these nutrients speed up hair growth and prevent hair loss by fostering a healthy scalp.

Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Flaxseed Oil

• Massage flaxseed oil into the scalp for 5 minutes using circular motions. After the massage, allow oil to stay on the scalp for an additional 30 minutes. Wash hair as usual when time is complete.
      Flaxseed oil stimulates the hair follicles by increasing circulation and blood flow in the scalp. Flaxseed oil is also rich in vitamin E, which helps repair damage to the scalp.

Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Olive Oil

• For a treatment that will clarify the scalp and encourage new hair growth, apply olive oil to the scalp before bed. Cover the head with a shower cap, allow the oil to soak into the skin overnight and wash hair as usual in the morning.
      Ancient Greeks used to bathe in olive oil because it clarified and moisturized the skin. It has the same effect on the scalp and is a common natural remedy for dandruff. It removes bacteria from hair follicles and gives hair a healthy base to grow.

Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Hair loss is caused due to many reasons such as lack of vitamins, minerals or iron in the body, age, pollution, heredity, stress, lack of sleep, hormonal imbalance and illness. It is said that that losing almost100 hair in a day is normal. If you lose hair more than that then it's an alarming sign. Usually hair fall in normal quantity is normal as even they have a life and grow back again. But if they are going through the roots and you can see bald patches on your head then its high time to go to a doctor to find out the reason and get the perfect cure for it. Its only when the situation is rally bad, you need to go to a doctor otherwise its very much in hand to tackle the problem of hair fall. Some other hair problems as dandruff, uncleanness or split ends too tend to break the hair. It's very important to look after the hair well. One needs to eat healthy food, regular cleaning of the hair, drinking plenty of water, sleeping properly to keep the hair healthy and shining.
    You can follow some routine care at home to prevent the hair from damage.

• Always keep your hair clean. It will protect them from dandruff, itching and hair lice, which ultimately results in hair fall.
    • Always use the shampoo and conditioner depending on your hair type. As for oily hair, you should use a shampoo, which is meant for specifically for oily hair.
    • Give regular massages to your scalp and hair with lukewarm oil at least twice a month. You can choose coconut oil, olive oil or almond oil for your hair. You can even mix these oil and apply the solution on your hair.
    • If there is dandruff in your hair you can mix camphor cubes in coconut oil to massage on your hair and scalp. It helps in reducing the dandruff.
    • Rub a lime on your scalp if there is dandruff on your scalp, leave it for 10 minutes and shampoo the hair. You should use medicated dandruff shampoo and oil to apply on your hair when they are suffering from dandruff.
    • Never comb your hair when they are wet. The roots of the hairs are the weakest when they are wet.
    • Keep the hair wrapped in a towel for a while then let them dry in natural air as excess usage of hair dryer too damages the hair texture and makes them weak and then ultimately they fall.
    • When your hair is falling, make a mixture at home containing Amla, Shikakai and dry neem leaves. Grind them together and apply this paste on the hair before washing them off for a while.
    • Whipped eggs mixed in curd and henna powder help in preventing hair fall.
    • Eat healthy diet including green vegetables, dairy products and fruits.
    • Drinking coconut water prevents the hair fall.
    • You can make oil at home for falling hair. Boil henna and neem leaves in mustard oil till the leaves get almost dissolved in it. Let it cool and then filter. Add few camphor cubes to it and fill in a bottle. Use this oil to massage on your hair.
    • Mixture of almond oil, olive oil and castor oil is equally good to prevent and stop hair from further falling.
    • Get your hair trim every month so that there are no split ends left.
    • Include at least 2 nuts in your daily diet. They help a lot in strengthen the hair.
    • Avoid using too harsh clips or bands on the hair. Never make hair too tight.
    • Protect the hair from dust and sun. Cover your head while going in the direct sun.
    • Apply hair pack on your head at least once in a month. It can be henna paste, curd, eggs or a combination of all.
    • Wash your hair every time you apply some chemicals on your hair in form of styling gels, creams, sprays or lotions. The harmful chemicals in them damage the hair and make them to fall.
    • If you have got the bald patches on your head then apply onion on the bald patch by rubbing it and then apply honey over it. Leave it for few minutes and then wash off.
    • Boil fenugreek seeds in any of the hair oil of your choice as coconut oil or olive oil. Restrain it and fill it in a bottle. Use this oil to massage on your head. Its very helpful in reducing the hair loss.
    • Eating iron rich fruits and food helps in preventing the hair fall. Include apples, beetroots and jagary in your daily diet. They are rich in iron so help to prevent your hair fall.
    • Eating amla in any form or drinking its juice too helps in preventing hair fall.

jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy

Hi Devika,

You can consult HOMEOPATHIC doctor regarding this problem.

They may give medicines to be taken orally, which may cure the actual problem present in your body.

And you can use, the oil and shampoo prescribed by them.

For some people, only these methods work.

Apart from these, you can have a regular massage of warm OLIVE OIL, which will help in lessening of hair fall.

You can take ZINC rich foods, like Celery, Broccoli etc. which will compensate the hair fall.

Parasakthi and Lakschellam like this.
    Jayanthy

Yamunan is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Commander's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Hi Devika,

Even i faced severe hair fall after using dove,,, Its good that u notice now itself,, i realized only after a year,,,it minimizes the thickness of the single hair because of which our hair become delicate(initially i thot hair has become soft:( later only i realised),,,,,

better stop using this and try for some other,,,

Parasakthi, jv_66 and Ria like this.

VaishaliG is offline Newbie

Hi dear..
    Hair fall problem is quite common now a days. It can be because of several reasons like stress, pollution, weak diet, pregnancy, allergy, etc. So there are some tips you need to follow like take a healthy diet. Don't take stress and cover your hair while going out. About Dove shampoo, my reviews are positive. I use Dove Damage Intense Repair Damage Therapy Shampoo and I have seen significant effects in my hair. It has made my hairs thicker and longer. The shampoo makes my hair very soft and smooth and glossy. suggest you to continue with the same and follow the suggestions, I have mentioned above.

Last edited by sumathisrini; 27th Sep 2013 at 12:46 PM. Reason: External link removed