Hair Coloring Tips!!
Discussions on "Hair Coloring Tips!!" in "Hair Care & Hair Removal" forum.
7th Oct 2013, 12:27 PM #1
Hair Coloring Tips!!
Before coloring the hair
- If the hair is double tongued, then before coloring the hair, get the trimming done on your hair first. The finishing on hair will come in better this way.
- Coloring is done on the damaged hair also. But such hair need spa more than anything else. From spa, massage and steam, shinning will come and its constitution would also be better.
- There needs to be some extra care taken to maintain the hair if the hair is to be colored, permed or straightened. Several chemicals are used in straightening and perming. If these techniques have been applied on hair, please refrain from bleaching your hair before coloring it.
- If the coloring is to be done, do not apply henna on hair. Henna will bring dryness in hair and color would come dark on hair. If you want to do the coloring after applying henna on hair, keep at least 4-5 months of interval in between the periods. Before coloring the hair, conduct the patch test so as to know whether the color is bringing some negative reaction on the skin? For this test the color by applying it on the reverse side of the elbow and leave it so for 15-20 minutes. Wash it afterwards. If you notice some allergy, don't use that color. Take the color of some other company and test it.
- If the skin of your scalp is sensitive and you are getting your hair colored in some saloon, tell this to the hair expert about this.
- If there is the growth of grains on the scalp, do the colouring after the grains ate cured off.
- Not using a quality product of a branded company for coloring might cause harm to the hair because chemicals are mixed in the colors in some form or the other. These chemicals open up the cuticles so that the color could reach to the cortex (the internal layers found in each strands of hair). This facilitates the color to be preset on hair for a longer period.
- Colors without chemicals fall faint after shampooing the hair only once. Repeated coloring of hair turns it dry, loses shine and elasticity. You might feel your hair rough at the time of coloring the hair for the first time round. Often due to this reason, hair turns baby and curly. Its health could be brought back to normal by the use of conditioner.
7th Oct 2013, 12:31 PM #2
Re: Hair Coloring Tips!!
After the coloring
- Make use of the shampoo and conditioner made especially for maintaining the colour of hair. From this, the colour doesn't fall dimmed.
- Strong chemical mixed shampoo, for instance anti dandruff shampoo must not be used.
- Make use of a conditioner after shampooing your hair. The hair texture remains good with conditioners. The vitamin in the hair that dries up on colouring becomes repaired.
- If you are getting multi coloured streaking done then it becomes more necessary to use the right type of conditioner and moisturising because colouring turns hair dried up.
- Use the hair serum specially made for damaged and arid hair.
- Colour the hair only when it needs it.
- If you are colouring hair to conceal white hair, do it only once in a month.
- If you are colouring hair after fashion, then the colour of the hair could be changed at every 3-5 months.
- Almost every colour is available for colouring the hair. The burgundy and brown colours are in trends. These colours are available in gel, powder, liquid, oil and cream versions everywhere in the market.
- Hair mascara, crayon and hair spray are put in the semi category. Gel etc come into the permanent category.
- According to the hair experts, brown or golden streaks look beautiful on brown/black skin. Red and burgundy streaks would look beautiful on you provided your complexion is fair.
- Hair, whether it is long or short, several means are used to colour this chief amongst which are highlighting, streaking, frosting, finger painting etc. Highlighting is in trend among the youths these days.
Extra care of hair
- Take umbrella in strong sunlight otherwise the colour of hair will faint down If your job is outdoor, you can use sun protection shampoo. The hair will stay secured from this.
- If the red colour streaking is dabbed in the hair, save your hair from being exposed against the virulent sunlight, because the red colour will get more highlighted in strong sunlight.
- Always make uses of a light PH shampoo. It would be better to be using the shampoo made for the coloured hair.
- After swimming, wash your hair then apply the conditioner to ward off the roughness of the hair.
- Refrain from dissolving colours into the metal containers because the colour want on your hair will not come in.
Wear rubber gloves before colouring. Nail will remain clean. Test the colour before its application lest it reacts with your skin. Also see to it whether it suits you. If you have cuts or wounds on your scalp, don't go for colouring.
Last edited by gkarti; 7th Oct 2013 at 12:34 PM.
7th Oct 2013, 12:33 PM #3
- Join Date
- Jan 2013
- Blog Entries
Re: Hair Coloring Tips!!
useful tips karti
Arise ! awake ! and stop not till the goal is reached
7th Oct 2013, 12:42 PM #4