Home Made Manicure Scrubs
Discussions on "Home Made Manicure Scrubs" in "Hand, Foot & Nail Care" forum.
9th Jan 2012, 05:03 PM #1
- Real Name
- Join Date
- Jul 2011
- Blog Entries
Home Made Manicure Scrubs
Manicures are very important to keep your nails in good shape. Home manicures are way too easy and are cheaper if you compare them with expensive saloon treatments.
The basic tips of Manicure
• The most preferred nail shape is squoval. This is neither too square nor too oval. This is considered to be most stylish and flattering shape now days. File the nail giving the perfect shape. Though square and oval depends on personal choice, square shape makes your finger nails appear chubby.
• Make sure all the nails are of same length after filing. You can check by line each nail up with its counterpart.
• Roll the nail polish between your palms instead of shaking the bottle. This helps to mix the polish well without causing air bubbles.
• Apply nail polish in layers to get the best result. Start with a thin layer of basecoat, after the first coat dries for a couple minutes, repeat a thin layer of topcoat.
• You can use a blow dryer to speed up the drying process. Make sure to keep the dryer at least 10 inches above your feet.
If you are not in a mood to spend anything from your pocket you can try few of homemade manicures. They are easy and cheap way to keep your nails in good shape.
1. Sugar based manicure scrub
• Mix of Honey and white granulated sugar
• Milk 1 Liter warm milk
• Olive oil
Soak your foot in warm water for about 10 minutes. Add warm milk to your footbath. Rub honey for 5 minutes and keep it for some time. Soak your foot again in warm water. Apply the mix of sugar and honey. Scrub it for 5-10 minutes on the entire foot and wash it with luke warm water. Wipe it with soft towel and apply Vitamin E. Massage it in circular motion for about 5 minutes.
2. Buttermilk Manicure
• Warm water tub
• 2 cup buttermilk
• Foot brush
• 1 tsp almond
Soak your foot in hot water for 10-15 minutes. Then soak your feet in Buttermilk. It is an excellent skin conditioner and mild exfoliate. Scrub brush for 1-2 minutes and remove all the dead skin. Massage gently for 5-10 minutes and rinse with luke warm water. Wipe it with soft towel and apply almond oil all over for soft and smooth feet.
3. Smoothie Manicure
• 1 small banana
• 2-3 strawberries
• 1 cup of plain yogurt
• 1/2 cup of orange juice
• Vitamin E oil for moisturizer
Blend all the ingredients together until smooth. Soak your feet in hot water for 15 minutes. Apply the blend for 5-10 minutes. Let it dry for some time and massage gently all over. Wipe it well with a soft towel and massage Vitamin E.
4. Turmeric and Chickpeas flour tan remover manicure
• 1tsp turmeric powder
• 1 cup chickpeas flour (Besan)
• ½ cup yogurt
• 1 tsp olive oil
• 1 tsp of almond oil for moisturizer
Soak your feet in hot water for 20 minutes. Make a smooth paste of turmeric powder, chickpeas, yogurt and olive oil. Apply the paste on your feet all over and let it dry completely. Scrub away the paste from your feet it is an excellent for exfoliation. Wipe your feet with hot towel. Apply almond oil as moisturizer.
13th Aug 2014, 11:36 PM #2
Re: Home Made Manicure Scrubs
Thanks for the useful tips