Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By deepa bala
  • 1 Post By Parasakthi

how to make child to eat vegetables

Discussions on "how to make child to eat vegetables" in "Health and Kids Food" forum.

tinoo is offline Newbie

how to make child to eat vegetables

my son is now 8 years old. he neglects veggies, i tried different method of cooking but he is not interested to eat vegetables. when i asked to my colleagues to make him eat, they said they are also looking for ideas, i think most of us facing the problem.

pls help me out how to make him eat the vegetables. it will be useful for others too.

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links

deepa bala is offline Guru's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Deepa
    Blog Entries

Re: how to make child to eat vegetables

Yes tinoo... Many children come under this category Though I've not come to this stage with my kid, I've seen my sister's children..

Try to retain the colours of food...Avoid overcooking..

Try preparing some other style like chinese fried rice...

Let your child help choose fresh vegetables when you’re shopping.

Prepare meals together (for example, younger children can wash, and older ones can chop vegetables for stir-fry dishes and salads).

Serve raw or lightly steamed vegetables with salad dressing or cheese sauce for dipping.

Set out a plate of raw vegetables or a salad of cold, cooked vegetables before the meal – the time when your child is hungriest

Make mashed sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes – sweet potatoes contain lots of vitamin A

But every doctor says this: Avoid forcing your children to eat vegetables – or any other food for that matter. Encourage children to try a spoonful, but don’t get upset if they refuse it. Eventually, they will try it, so keep reintroducing various foods from time to time.

Parasakthi is offline Super Moderator Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Parasakthi KS
    Blog Entries

Re: how to make child to eat vegetables

Hi tinoo... When you are going to market to buyvegetables/fruits, take him too with you and make him to choose vegetables ofhis own... this will make him toget an interest in vegetables.

Last edited by Parasakthi; 18th Jun 2012 at 11:06 AM.
    Rudhraa likes this.