Vegetable Based Recipes
Discussions on "Vegetable Based Recipes" in "Health and Kids Food" forum.
21st Nov 2012, 11:15 AM #1
Vegetable Based Recipes
9 Vegetable Based Recipes for Less than One Year Olds
Making babies eat vegetables most often poses the greatest challenge. Here are some interesting vegetable based recipes for babies less than one year of age.
For Babies Aged Six to Eight Months
- Peas And Cheese
- Boil half a cup of peas and one chopped carrot.
- Blend it with a quarter cup of milk and a little cheese and serve warm.
- Pumpkin and Oats
- Sauté onion in olive oil and then add half a cup of chopped pumpkin to it together with a little ginger garlic paste and chopped coriander.
- Add water and a quarter cup of pre-soaked oats into it.
- Simmer for around 15 minutes till it’s thick.
- Blend it well and serve.
- Potato And Chickpeas
- Boil two tablespoons of chickpea that has been soaked overnight with one chopped potato.
- Once soft, sauté it in olive oil.
- Add a few table spoons of milk and blend it well
- Remember to strain the mixture to remove all the chickpea skin from the food.
- Chickpeas can make babies with a sensitive stomach feel uneasy. In such cases its best avoided until they are at least a year old.
For Babies Aged Eight to 10 Months
- Sweet Broccoli Rice
- Boil one unpeeled apple and a few florets of broccoli and then blend it well.
- Boil half a cup of rice and then mash it with a fork.
- Mix the apple-broccoli puree into it.
- You can avoid making a smooth paste of it, because by now your child will be getting used to the chunky consistency in her food.
- Vegetable And Soya Rice
- Boil a few granules of soya, peas and a chopped carrot till they are soft.
- Blend it well and then sauté it in olive oil with a pinch of cumin seeds and onion.
- Boil a little rice till it is soft.
- Add the rice to the vegetable-soya mix with a little asafoetida, turmeric and salt,
- Saute for a few minutes.
- Add water and pressure cook it for two to three whistles and then serve.
- Cabbage Idli
- Boil finely grated cabbage till its soft.
- Soak two teaspoons of washed urad daal (split black lentils) and a cup of parboiled rice for a couple of hours.
- Drain out the water and blend it to a fine thick paste with some coconut milk.
- Add the cabbage to it.
- Cover and keep aside for a few hours.
- Pour the mix into the idli moulds and steam for 10-15 minutes.
For Babies Aged More Than 10 Months
- Baked Spinach
- Boil one chopped potato and two cups of spinach leaves.
- Saute a chopped tomato with salt, garlic and coriander leaves.
- Blend the tomato mixture till smooth.
- Place the spinach leaves and the potato pieces in an oven dish and pour the tomato sauce over it.
- Sprinkle it with cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes and serve
- Beetroot Puris
- Boil a chopped a beetroot and a little moong daal (green gram).
- Blend it to a puree and mix it into the dough.
- Roll the dough into small circles and deep fry it in olive oil and serve.
- Carrot and Tinda Pasta
- Boil one chopped carrot and tinda (Indian round gourd) till tender and then mash it.
- Sauté the mashed vegetables with a little onion and ginger-garlic paste in olive oil.
- Boil a few strands of pasta.
- Place it all together in an oven dish and sprinkle it with tomato puree and grated cheese.
- Bake for half an hour and serve.
Time can make us forget some memories, but there would be some memories which make us forget the time and those are the moments that make the life worthwhile.....Have a memorable day!!!
21st Nov 2012, 11:36 AM #2
- Real Name
- Join Date
- Aug 2011
- Blog Entries