Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree230Likes

Your Kids favourite recipe!!

Discussions on "Your Kids favourite recipe!!" in "Health and Kids Food" forum.

Rudhraa is offline Moderator & Blogger Commander's of Penmai

Your Kids favourite recipe!!

Making kids to eat foods is one of the biggest task. They need tastiest foods... what to say.. even if we give amirtham... they may say no...

But every kids has a favourite recipe in their own wish. so, share your kids favourite recipe. It might help other moms to...

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links
    Universal Rule Never Change!
    What you send out, comes back.
    What you sow, you reap.
    What you give, you get.

Bagavad Gita Discussion Group| Must Read Motivational Books!

Real Name
    Kalaimathy Mathivanan

Re: Your Kids favourite recipe!!

Hi Rudhra...

My kid is 7 month old now... Her fav food now is Ragi Malt...

Rudhraa is offline Moderator & Blogger Commander's of Penmai

Ragi malt healthy and nutritious food.. kalai..

Friends share your kids favourite recipe here.

Universal Rule Never Change!
    What you send out, comes back.
    What you sow, you reap.
    What you give, you get.

Bagavad Gita Discussion Group| Must Read Motivational Books!

naliniselva is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Guru's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Nalini
    Blog Entries

my son is 1year 4month ...
    his fav food is...noodles..

நளினி

Angu Aparna is offline Moderator & Blogger Minister's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Hi Rudhra... Very nice thread. I just want to share here about my cousin's son. He is 1 yr old. His fav foods are carrot juice, white rice with coconut oil and loves to eat curd rice.

COOLBUDDY is offline Newbie

Hai....

My son's favaroute foods are Tomato Rice, Curd Rice with Beetroot Poriyal. In non veg fish fry and mutton kudal kari.

My daughther's favourate foods are Noodles, Carrot rice, Vegetable Biriyani, Palak Panneer with Chapathi, poori and potato masal. in non veg Chicken fried and fish fry.

mirudhula is offline Friends's of Penmai

hai

my daughter favorite food is curd rice with potato. but didnt take milk with any energy drink like boost complan etc. she dont like that drinks and ragi malt also. so she didnt take milk also some time. i want some suggestion to take milk to my daughter.she is 7 years old.

Last edited by mirudhula; 18th May 2013 at 01:26 PM.

sumitra is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Dear Mirudhula, it is very common problem among the children. Even they grow up like your daughter, they dislike milk. Here I will give you twelve tips which may be of helpful to you:

1. Serve milk ice-cold, the way kids like it, between 35-40 degrees F. Pour it right before serving and promptly return the container to the refrigerator so the milk maintains its fresh taste.

2. Be a role model. When children see you drink milk, they are more likely to drink it, too.

3.Serve milk at meals. Set expectations ahead of time that milk is the beverage of choice at meal times.

4.Serve flavored milk. Kids love it, and ounce for ounce it has the same nutrients as unflavored milk.

5. Stock the fridge with single-serve containers of white and flavored milk for grab ‘n go.

6.Serve milk in special glasses and with a straw. Let older kids use mix-ins to create a new milk flavor.

7.Let children use a straw to drink the milk left in the bowl after finishing their cereal.

8.Order low-fat flavored milk in kid-friendly, single-serve containers instead of soda when eating out.

9.Remind children to drink milk with School Lunch. Studies show that when children drink milk at lunch, they have higher intakes of several critical nutrients, including calcium, zinc and vitamin A.1

10. Send milk money and have children buy milk when they take their lunch to school.

11. Ask if your child's school serves the New Look of School Milk __ ice-cold milk served in a variety of flavors, in kid-friendly, plastic packaging, on the school meal line. If not, talk to the school nutrition director. Research shows that when the New Look of School Milk is available, children take and
    drink more milk.

12. Remember that children eat first and foremost for taste. If your child prefers whole or reduced-fat milk, cut fat elsewhere in the diet and gradually switch to low-fat or fat-free milk.

All the best

jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy

Quote Originally Posted by mirudhula View Post
    hai

my daughter favorite food is curd rice with potato. but didnt take milk with any energy drink like boost complan etc. she dont like that drinks and ragi malt also. so she didnt take milk also some time. i want some suggestion to take milk to my daughter.she is 7 years old.

Mridhula,

Actually I am not able to understand whether your daughter is not liking the energy drinks or the whole milk itself.

If she doesn't like the energy drinks, but is willing to drink the milk, well and good.

Please don't be under the notion that, children will grow healthier only when they take the energy drinks(by the influence of advertisements).

If she is willing to drink plain milk, give her. Milk has all the necessary protein, vitamin D and calcium.This is enough.

If she is not willing to drink plain milk, you can try the following:

Soak the Cereals like Kellogs, Corn-flakes with different shapes, in plain milk. After few minutes, remove the extra milk from the bowl (due to which she may object to eat).

You can make Oats porridge with milk without adding water (instead of water, use milk), add some sugar or honey in it and give it in solid form.

You can make ragi porridge with milk (instead of water), and give it in solid form , along with sugar.

You can mix the milk with natural fruit juices and give her.

Last but not the least, if she doesn't like plain milk, make sure with a doctor that she is not having LACTOSE INTOLERANCE . This is the case, where the child cannot withstand the protein present in the milk and it may come out, immediately either through vomiting or loose motions.

But this is the last point to be noted. Do not get frightened having read this point.

Jayanthy

susibabu is offline Newbie
    Real Name
    susila

My son didnot like Ragi. Ragi is a healthy food. I give different varieties in Ragi.
    i.e. Ragi adai, Ragi Kanji, Ragi pakodaand then Ragi, maida, rava, dosa flour, onion, salt, green chillies and then mix well and then make dosa for night or morning

Susila