Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine December! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree779Likes

Mom!!!!!!!! Please give me healthy foods!!!!!! OK!!!!!!

Discussions on "Mom!!!!!!!! Please give me healthy foods!!!!!! OK!!!!!!" in "Health and Kids Food" forum.

jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy

Re: Mom!!!!!!!! Please give me healthy foods!!!!!! OK!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by v_bhava View Post
    Dear Jayanthy,

Can you please tell me from which age we can give laxative (mild) for kids on a regular basis (say monthly) and can you also give a list of natural laxatives (for toddler) and how to use it safely?

Thank you so much.

Bhavani,

For infants below 1 year, while giving them bath, a gentle BELLY MASSAGE will stimulate the digestion, and warm bath in a tub,by making them sit in the warm water for few minutes will ease the rectal muscles, thus resulting in free passing of stools.

There is no necessary for the special LAXATIVES to be given, if the child doesn't suffer from Constipation.

For my son, I followed the method of giving warm water (little hot), early in the morning, after brushing his teeth. By following this daily, he did not suffer from Constipation, and a regular time was maintained for his potty.

You can follow the below mentioned natural laxatives:

1. Soak 1 teaspoon of RAISINS and DATES in a glass of water overnight. In the morning,(in empty stomach), make them drink the water, and then chew the soaked products. This can be given once in 3 days for normal children who is not suffering from severe constipation.

2. After the breakfast, make them drink any fruit juice, instead of milk. This will enhance the bowel movement.

3. If the child is suffering from constipation, don't make them consume much MILK.

4. FLAX SEEDS POWDER can be used in any product you cook. After cooking vegetables or any other salads etc., just add the Flax seed powder. It need not be cooked.Two teaspoons of Flax seeds daily will help a lot for easy bowel movement.

5. For children, more than 5 years of age, you can give CASTOR OIL in empty stomach ONCE IN 6 MONTHS.

If the child is still suffering from Constipation, you can give this once in a month.

Fruits & nuts :

APRICOTS, PEACHES, PEARS and BANANAS.

Vegetables :

BROCCOLI, GREEN BEANS and CABBAGE

Whole Grains:

FLAX SEED, BROWN RICE, MILLET and OATS.

All the above can be used regularly, to keep away the Constipation.

Sponsored Links
    Jayanthy

v_bhava is offline Citizen's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Bhavani

Quote Originally Posted by jv_66 View Post
    Bhavani,

For infants below 1 year, while giving them bath, a gentle BELLY MASSAGE will stimulate the digestion, and warm bath in a tub,by making them sit in the warm water for few minutes will ease the rectal muscles, thus resulting in free passing of stools.

There is no necessary for the special LAXATIVES to be given, if the child doesn't suffer from Constipation.

For my son, I followed the method of giving warm water (little hot), early in the morning, after brushing his teeth. By following this daily, he did not suffer from Constipation, and a regular time was maintained for his potty.

You can follow the below mentioned natural laxatives:

1. Soak 1 teaspoon of RAISINS and DATES in a glass of water overnight. In the morning,(in empty stomach), make them drink the water, and then chew the soaked products. This can be given once in 3 days for normal children who is not suffering from severe constipation.

2. After the breakfast, make them drink any fruit juice, instead of milk. This will enhance the bowel movement.

3. If the child is suffering from constipation, don't make them consume much MILK.

4. FLAX SEEDS POWDER can be used in any product you cook. After cooking vegetables or any other salads etc., just add the Flax seed powder. It need not be cooked.Two teaspoons of Flax seeds daily will help a lot for easy bowel movement.

5. For children, more than 5 years of age, you can give CASTOR OIL in empty stomach ONCE IN 6 MONTHS.

If the child is still suffering from Constipation, you can give this once in a month.

Fruits & nuts :

APRICOTS, PEACHES, PEARS and BANANAS.

Vegetables :

BROCCOLI, GREEN BEANS and CABBAGE

Whole Grains:

FLAX SEED, BROWN RICE, MILLET and OATS.

All the above can be used regularly, to keep away the Constipation.

Wow...Thanks a lot jayanthy for a detailed reply. Surely, I will try. Thank you again...

Parasakthi and jv_66 like this.
    Anbudan...
    Bhavani

The Journey brings the happiness. Not the destination.

dvanitha is offline Friends's of Penmai

hi jaya mam,

my daughter is 3yrs old. she is not taking food properly that too aftr going to school. could u suggest me something for making hunger or for digestion.

also tell me foods that can be given to increase the memory power of child.

sumathisrini and jv_66 like this.
    - Vanitha

sumathisrini is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Sumathi

Real Name
    Jayanthy

Quote Originally Posted by dvanitha View Post
    hi jaya mam,

my daughter is 3yrs old. she is not taking food properly that too aftr going to school. could u suggest me something for making hunger or for digestion.

also tell me foods that can be given to increase the memory power of child.

Vanitha,

What you can do for your daughter is

Take some pudhina leaves about 1/4 cup and grind it well in mixie.

Keep the paste in a separate cup.

Now, from this, take 1 teaspoon of the paste and add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and few drops of honey. Mix it well.

Give this to her, before taking each food.

Keep the rest of the paste in the fridge, and you can use this for the whole day.

The benefits of this paste are

It will induce hunger.

It helps in digestion

It helps in blood purification

It helps in removing the small worms (கீரை பூச்சிகள்) from the stomach

You can make the paste daily.

And along with this, try to make the food products in different shapes, attractive way.

Along with this, you should encourage her by saying, only if she is taking proper foods, she can get very good marks, she can come first in everything, all the other children will play with her and she can play very actively with them only if she is having strength, which she could get only from the healthy foods etc.

Sumathi has suggested the foods for good memory.

While giving food, do not run behind her. Make her sit next to you and tell all the stories from Purana and moral stories.While they will be interested in the story, you can give the food and due to the interest in the story, she will eat them very fast.

Try these methods and please tell the result.

Even in the lunch box, you can keep the dosa, chappathi, breads etc., which are made with different shapes.

Encourage her to finish the lunch box, so that she will be praised in the evening if it is empty.

Jayanthy

Real Name
    Jayanthy

Quote Originally Posted by sumathisrini View Post

Thanks sumathi

Parasakthi and sumathisrini like this.
    Jayanthy

v_bhava is offline Citizen's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Bhavani

Vanitha,

Now, from this, take 1 teaspoon of the paste and add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and few drops of honey. Mix it well.

Keep the rest of the paste in the fridge, and you can use this for the whole day.

It will induce hunger.

It helps in digestion

And along with this, try to make the food products in different shapes, attractive way.

Along with this, you should encourage her by saying, only if she is taking proper foods, she can get very good marks, she can come first in everything, all the other children will play with her and she can play very actively with them only if she is having strength, which she could get only from the healthy foods etc.

While giving food, do not run behind her. Make her sit next to you and tell all the stories from Purana and moral stories.While they will be interested in the story, you can give the food and due to the interest in the story, she will eat them very fast.

Even in the lunch box, you can keep the dosa, chappathi, breads etc., which are made with different shapes.

Encourage her to finish the lunch box, so that she will be praised in the evening if it is empty.

You never seize to amaze me by your replies Jayanthy... Thank you so...... much for all these time tested, herbal, home remedies...this thread rocks...

Anbudan...
    Bhavani

The Journey brings the happiness. Not the destination.

Real Name
    Jayanthy

Quote Originally Posted by v_bhava View Post

You never seize to amaze me by your replies Jayanthy... Thank you so...... much for all these time tested, herbal, home remedies...this thread rocks...

​Thank you very much Bhava

I would feel very happy, if all my suggestions are useful for all the moms

Last edited by jv_66; 15th May 2013 at 04:48 PM.
    Jayanthy

Quote Originally Posted by sumathisrini View Post

thank u sumathi for the links. it was very useful. thanks for ur immediate reply.

Parasakthi, sumathisrini and jv_66 like this.
    - Vanitha

Vanitha,

It will induce hunger.

It helps in digestion

hi jayanthi mam,

thank u sooooo much for ur tips and for ur immediate reply.

today itself i'm going to try with pudina paste. i'll inform u the result tomorrow.

as u said, nowadays i'm preparing dosa and chapathi's in diff shapes like moon, triangle, star, square. she loves it. i'll also try with moral stories while eating. thanks for ur support.

thank u very much mam. u really rock.............

- Vanitha