Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By ovivijay
  • 3 Post By Parasakthi
  • 2 Post By sumitra

Non veg ideas for 1 yr baby

Discussions on "Non veg ideas for 1 yr baby" in "Health and Kids Food" forum.

ovivijay is offline Friends's of Penmai

Non veg ideas for 1 yr baby

Friends,

I need non veg food ideas to feed my 1 yr baby. give me some tips.

Thx

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links

Parasakthi is offline Super Moderator Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Parasakthi KS
    Blog Entries

Re: Non veg ideas for 1 yr baby

Dear Friend,

We are glad to welcome you to Penmai. Pls refer the following links.

introducing non-veg to 1 yr kid

my cousin's kid is eating paper

Non Veg Food to 1 yr child

jv_66, sumitra and PriyagauthamH like this.

sumitra is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Hi Ovivijay, As none of our family members consume Non Veg food, I asked my neighbours and as per them they have been giving chicken/mutton since their son was 11 months old and fish/prawns after 18 months. It seems they don't have any special recipes ; they used to give their son well-cooked pieces from the gravy (esp liver as thats really rich in iron) along with his usual rice/dal/rasam; after a while their son could also eat fried stuff (like lollipops) and kababs and now eats everything.

But please consult your doctor before giving non-veg food of any kind to your child. all the best. thank you!

Moderator Note:

This Article has been published in
    Penmai eMagazine Oct 2013. You Can download & Read the magazines HERE.

Last edited by gkarti; 22nd Jul 2014 at 06:52 PM.
    Parasakthi and PriyagauthamH like this.

PriyagauthamH is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Guru's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Hi Ovivijay ,
    Any nonveg that you cook for yourself can be given ....make it bitesize pieces.... or mince it slightly...

also can use chicken or mutton mince ....cook it the usual way but add peas to your normal prep this way kid eats both veg and nonveg....
    Egg:
    boiled,scrambled ,omlettes or scramble prepared with vegetables i.e cauliflower or cabbage

Chicken- mince with peas , Soups (indian way or chicken with sweetcorn) etc... i always add some veg to any nonveg gravy i cook ...radish,turnip, potatoes,peas , spinach,carrot, beans, drumstick etc.... also i prepare gravies with coconut and cashews ... they contain essential oils and amino acids that are good for brain so even if u avoid this for adults always include it for your child in their food......

I don't cook much mutton but you can use lamb mince to make indian version spaghetti bolognese .....

Give the kid loads of fish ...... Simply bake with some salt ,light sprinkling of salt and lemonjuice ...... You can bake in a sheet enpapillote with herbs too ......

Another way is get fish fillets and smear any shop bought tomato based pasta sauce ...bake covered..... simple and tasty way to feed fish ..... This works well with chicken too .... Add a bit of boiled pasta and some steamed veg making it a wholesome meal that can be eaten by even adults in the family.......

Fish pie- it takes time and effort t make these but it is a complete meal i.e protein, veg and carbohydrate packed in one dish..... if interested do let me know i'll type my recipe ........

My experience and the advice i got is that kids easily adapt to nonveg eating... it is vegetables that they say no to ....so i gave my DD only egg until one ...after wards fish particularly fish pie and finally chicken but cooked with veg....... Started prawns quite late ...but she loves it ......

Moderator Note:

This Article has been published in
    Penmai eMagazine Oct 2013. You Can download & Read the magazines HERE.

Last edited by gkarti; 22nd Jul 2014 at 06:52 PM.
    Priya