Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree98Likes

How to make kids eat fruits and vegetables?


Discussions on "How to make kids eat fruits and vegetables?" in "Health and Kids Food" forum.


  1. #11
    achu2012's Avatar
    achu2012 is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Citizen's of Penmai
    Real Name
    உமாதேவி
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    741
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: How to make kids eat fruits and vegetables?

    Thanks Priya. Na nalla iruken. Unga ponnu super name super O super.....

    Lap problem priya. Ethuthan saakunu enga vettu sir puthusu ippo illa after delivery nu sollitaru.. (reason namba saranya story padithu konjam upset)

    Apparam ippo than puthusu vangi iruken so will try to come from now on....

    As you said girls na konjam easy than pola en hubby ku intha papavum girl la iruka asai innum theriyala en baby nu..... awaiting.....

    Nam ellam ippadi illa illa priya romba padutharanga sapida when it comes to food kovapada kuda mudiyala........

    En ponnu bday ku intha varusum periya kitchen set than gift ippo athai vaithu kuda sila time deal oduthu...





    Quote Originally Posted by PriyagauthamH View Post
    Hi Uma....Long time no see........how r u and how is ur health? Girls naalae easy aa irukku nu ninaikaren........ Adi likes i can cook katie character .......so vilayada cup and karandi vechu mix ,mix nu pesuvaa...... unga ideas ellam super....... Thanks for sharing Uma .......Take care...........



    Sponsored Links
    Cheers
    Uma



  2. #12
    PriyagauthamH's Avatar
    PriyagauthamH is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Guru's of Penmai
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,342
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: How to make kids eat fruits and vegetables?

    Quote Originally Posted by achu2012 View Post
    Thanks Priya. Na nalla iruken. Unga ponnu super name super O super.....

    Lap problem priya. Ethuthan saakunu enga vettu sir puthusu ippo illa after delivery nu sollitaru.. (reason namba saranya story padithu konjam upset)

    Apparam ippo than puthusu vangi iruken so will try to come from now on....

    As you said girls na konjam easy than pola en hubby ku intha papavum girl la iruka asai innum theriyala en baby nu..... awaiting.....

    Nam ellam ippadi illa illa priya romba padutharanga sapida when it comes to food kovapada kuda mudiyala........

    En ponnu bday ku intha varusum periya kitchen set than gift ippo athai vaithu kuda sila time deal oduthu...
    Good to know you are well................sweet surprise aa vechu irukeengala ? naan laam 5 month scan la kettuten...... suspense thaangala........

    Same sweet ............adi kum 4'th bday ku kitchen thaan gift ........ya she too enjoys it ........... girls na girls thaan ..........iva ava bommaiku per vechu athuku naan ammama and ava school pogum bothu parthuka vera seiyannum........ellam times of uk thaan ............

    Priya


  3. #13
    sumitra's Avatar
    sumitra is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    mysore
    Posts
    23,699
    Blog Entries
    18

    Re: How to make kids eat fruits and vegetables?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rudhraa View Post
    Hi friends,

    The toughest task in parenting, making kids to eat fruits and veggies. Share here some worked tricks which you used in making your kid to eat fruits and vegetables.

    My son is not at all eating fruits and vegetables. He is just eating an apple and banana. Not touching other things. He was very constipated for the past 2 weeks. Doctor advised to give him more fiber rich foods, but whatever I do he is just refusing to eat.

    Help me!
    Hi Sister, if the children are hungry they will eat.Before dinner serve them a appetizer of colourful vegetables such as cucumber, carrots along with low fat salad dressing. Tell your child he or she has to take a bite before refusing something on his plate. Name the vegetables with some fancy names and call the vegetables by that name and tell your children to eat the same. When you go for market to buy vegetables and fruits, take your children along with you and ask them to select the vegetables and fruits there by the sense of belongingness and responsibility will be built up in them and they will start eating the vegetables and fruits they have selected from the market. While cooking also take their help like putting the cut vegetable into the cooker before closing the lid. this will improve their eating habit because they have the feeling that they have cooked the same. Following these simple tips you can succeed in your mission of making your children to eat the vegetables and fruits. All the best. thank you!


  4. #14
    achu2012's Avatar
    achu2012 is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Citizen's of Penmai
    Real Name
    உமாதேவி
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    741
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: How to make kids eat fruits and vegetables?

    Making them to buy veg & fruit is a good idea too Sumitra Mam will try this too........ Thank you

    Cheers
    Uma



  5. #15
    PriyagauthamH's Avatar
    PriyagauthamH is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Guru's of Penmai
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,342
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: How to make kids eat fruits and vegetables?

    Quote Originally Posted by sumitra View Post
    Hi Sister, if the children are hungry they will eat.Before dinner serve them a appetizer of colourful vegetables such as cucumber, carrots along with low fat salad dressing. Tell your child he or she has to take a bite before refusing something on his plate. Name the vegetables with some fancy names and call the vegetables by that name and tell your children to eat the same. When you go for market to buy vegetables and fruits, take your children along with you and ask them to select the vegetables and fruits there by the sense of belongingness and responsibility will be built up in them and they will start eating the vegetables and fruits they have selected from the market. While cooking also take their help like putting the cut vegetable into the cooker before closing the lid. this will improve their eating habit because they have the feeling that they have cooked the same. Following these simple tips you can succeed in your mission of making your children to eat the vegetables and fruits. All the best. thank you!
    Good tips Sumitra ka.......

    Parasakthi and sumitra like this.
    Priya


  6. #16
    sumitra's Avatar
    sumitra is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    mysore
    Posts
    23,699
    Blog Entries
    18

    Re: How to make kids eat fruits and vegetables?

    Quote Originally Posted by achu2012 View Post
    Making them to buy veg & fruit is a good idea too Sumitra Mam will try this too........ Thank you
    Hi
    உமாதேவி, you are most welcome.



  7. #17
    sumitra's Avatar
    sumitra is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    mysore
    Posts
    23,699
    Blog Entries
    18

    Re: How to make kids eat fruits and vegetables?

    Quote Originally Posted by PriyagauthamH View Post
    Good tips Sumitra ka.......
    Hi PriyagauthamH, thank you very much for your comments.

    Parasakthi and PriyagauthamH like this.

  8. #18
    Rudhraa's Avatar
    Rudhraa is offline Moderator & Blogger Commander's of Penmai
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The World
    Posts
    1,870

    Re: How to make kids eat fruits and vegetables?

    Sure priya will give a serious try.. Yes i tried cooking with him, but what he done was he only will stir, he only put salt, chilli etc. like that he does. one day mustard seed spluttered into his hand, appothil irunthu kitchenku no entry..

    thanks for your tips too uma..

    Last edited by Rudhraa; 17th Oct 2013 at 11:33 PM.
    Universal Rule Never Change!
    What you send out, comes back.
    What you sow, you reap.
    What you give, you get.



    Bagavad Gita Discussion Group| Must Read Motivational Books!


  9. #19
    jv_66's Avatar
    jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    31,985

    Re: How to make kids eat fruits and vegetables?

    Quote Originally Posted by achu2012 View Post
    Thanks Priya. Na nalla iruken. Unga ponnu super name super O super.....

    Lap problem priya. Ethuthan saakunu enga vettu sir puthusu ippo illa after delivery nu sollitaru.. (reason namba saranya story padithu konjam upset)

    Apparam ippo than puthusu vangi iruken so will try to come from now on....

    As you said girls na konjam easy than pola en hubby ku intha papavum girl la iruka asai innum theriyala en baby nu..... awaiting.....

    Nam ellam ippadi illa illa priya romba padutharanga sapida when it comes to food kovapada kuda mudiyala........

    En ponnu bday ku intha varusum periya kitchen set than gift ippo athai vaithu kuda sila time deal oduthu...

    Hi Uma,

    How are you?

    Eppo due date? Long time no see.....

    Jayanthy





  10. #20
    jv_66's Avatar
    jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    31,985

    Re: How to make kids eat fruits and vegetables?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rudhraa View Post
    Sure priya will give a serious try.. Yes i tried cooking with him, but what he done was he only will stir, he only put salt, chilli etc. like that he does. one day mustard seed spluttered into his hand, appothil irunthu kitchenku no entry..

    thanks for your tips too uma..

    Yes Rudhraa, Naan en payyanai , 1 year lerndhe, iduppula vachutudhaan samaippen.

    Edhu aduppula podradha irundhalum, adhai pathi explain pannnitte iruppen., Indha maadhiri kadugu vedikaradhu, mixie la araikaradhu, idhellam panrappo, avanai caution panni, move panni vittuduven.

    Avanai, idhellam panna vida maatten,(ingredinets poda vidradhu) kai suttudum apdinu solliduven, nee konjam perivana aanapuram idhellam seyyalaam apdinum solven....so that, soodu kanda poonaiya aaga koodadhu illaya.......

    Naan vessels clean pannina, adhai wash panna udane, avan eduthu, suitable places la thaane arrange panniduvaan.....1 1/2 years lerndhe........oru idam kooda change aagave aagadhu.......

    Ipdi ellam seiyaradhu naala, rendu moonu advantages.

    Avangaluku , saapidura things mele oru interest varum......thaniya vitta, paduthi eduthu, panra vaal thanam kurayum, avangalukum, oru change of vilayaatu maadhiri idhu irukum.....they always need changes in all the activities.......

    Kadaila poi, endha saaman vaanginaalum, veg. vaanginaalum, avanayum kootitu poi, ellathayum explain pannuven.

    Naan ninaikuren.....idhanalaye......avanukku....cooking la romba interest vandhuducho ennavo......ha....ha...ha


    Last edited by jv_66; 18th Oct 2013 at 12:10 PM.
    Jayanthy





loading...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Like It?
Share It!







Follow Penmai on Twitter