• 2 Post By sumathisrini
  • 2 Post By sumitra
  • 2 Post By jv_66
  • 2 Post By Amrudha
  • 2 Post By alageshk
  • 1 Post By jv_66
  • 1 Post By alageshk

home remedies for loose motions in toddlers

Discussions on "home remedies for loose motions in toddlers" in "Health and Kids Food" forum.

alageshk is offline Newbie

home remedies for loose motions in toddlers

my daughter has loosemotion from yesterday. plssss suggest me some good home remedy for this.

need immediately.

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links
    sumathisrini, jv_66 and sumitra like this.

Mals is offline Guru's of Penmai

Re: home remedies for loose motions in toddlers

The best is to give her pomegranates, the more she eats the less motion, provided loose motion is due to some basic cause...

if it is due to food poisoning, then it will be accompanied with bout of puke too.

Moderator's Note: This Article has been published in Penmai eMagazine October 2014. You Can download & Read the magazines HERE.

Last edited by sumathisrini; 17th Oct 2014 at 04:05 PM.
    sumathisrini, jv_66 and sumitra like this.

sumathisrini is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Sumathi

Dear friend,

Warm welcome to 'Penmai'.

• You can give a quarter teaspoon of nutmeg paste with honey would cure loose motion in children.
    • Sago porridge (without milk) is a wonderful cure for loose motion. Boil sago in water and cook.
    • Arrowroot porridge is yet another good remedy for children.

Moderator's Note: This Article has been published in Penmai eMagazine October 2014. You Can download & Read the magazines HERE.

Last edited by sumathisrini; 17th Oct 2014 at 04:06 PM.
    jv_66 and sumitra like this.

sumitra is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

what all foods should be avoided for babies when they get loose motion.?

Milk and milk products should be avoided when baby is having loose motion.If your child gets diarrhea during hot season, you can avoid chicken and fish for few days.

Honey is yet another constipating food. Honey can therefore be given when baby gets a diarrhea. Give a teaspoonful of honey to baby. Diarrhea will go off in two days. Do not give children fruit juices when they have diarrhea.

Avoid giving your child apples, oranges, fruits and banana when they have a stomach upset. Also avoid vegetables like cabbage and spinach.

• A quarter teaspoon of nutmeg paste with honey would cure diarrhea in children. Sago porridge (without milk) is a wonderful cure for diarrhea in children. Boil sago in water and cook. This porridge would cool body and cure diarrhea. Sago is called chavvarisi in tamil and chavvari in Malayalam. Chavvarisi kanji (sago porridge) cools stomach and cures diarrhea. Arrowroot porridge is yet another good remedy for diarrhea in children.

Antibiotics heat body and initiates diarrhea. Sago porridge and arrowroot porridges are of great help when baby has diarrhea. When child is given antibiotics, do not forget to give probiotic bacteria along with it.

• Giving curd rice would also help cure diarrhea due to heat. But do not give curd to babies when they have cold. If baby is affected with diarrhea, give rice with curd. While making curd for babies make cure that it is not very sour. Pour a spoonful of curd to cool milk and keep for 3 hours. Curd for babies is ready.

• If baby is suffering from severe diarrhea try this home remedy. This is only for children above 2 years old. Take 2 tablespoonful strong black tea and pour 2 teaspoonful lemon juice to it. Make the child drink this. This would cure even severe diarrhea.

for more details please visit dhannyya.hubpages.com

sumathisrini and jv_66 like this.

jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy

Welcome to Penmai.

You can also give, Methi powder(வறுத்து அரைத்த வெந்தயப் பொடி) either with water or with buttermilk.

sumathisrini and sumitra like this.
    Jayanthy

Amrudha is offline Friends's of Penmai

hi

Let your child eat some pomegranate seeds. You may sprinkle some salt as per taste. Pomegranate juice also works.

Another simple home remedy is Carrot soup.

Last edited by sumathisrini; 17th Oct 2014 at 04:07 PM.
    Regards,

Amru

Quote Originally Posted by Mals View Post
    The best is to give her pomegranates, the more she eats the less motion, provided loose motion is due to some basic cause...

if it is due to food poisoning, then it will be accompanied with bout of puke too.
    thank you mals i tried with pomegranates it worked . very very thanks

now she is alright but litle tired due to water loss i think.

thanks to other friends who gave here wonderful replies. thanks to penmai replacing grannies with internet.

what can i do to regain water loss? if any of you know please tell.

Real Name
    Jayanthy

Quote Originally Posted by alageshk View Post
    thank you mals i tried with pomegranates it worked . very very thanks

now she is alright but litle tired due to water loss i think.

thanks to other friends who gave here wonderful replies. thanks to penmai replacing grannies with internet.

what can i do to regain water loss? if any of you know please tell.

Whenever anybody is having loose motions, they should take the ORAL REHYDRATION SOLUTION.

this is nothing but,

Take one litre of boiled and cooled water. In this add 2 spoons of Sugar and 1 spoon of Salt.

This is the solution and it should be taken, once in half an hour or atleast once in an hour.

This is a must, which will prevent the Dehydration of the body. And for the children this is compulsory.

Or else, you can buy the ELECTRAL powder from the Medical shop and add this in the water and give the water to your daughter.

sumathisrini likes this.
    Jayanthy

Quote Originally Posted by jv_66 View Post
    Whenever anybody is having loose motions, they should take the ORAL REHYDRATION SOLUTION.

this is nothing but,

Take one litre of boiled and cooled water. In this add 2 spoons of Sugar and 1 spoon of Salt.

This is the solution and it should be taken, once in half an hour or atleast once in an hour.

This is a must, which will prevent the Dehydration of the body. And for the children this is compulsory.

Or else, you can buy the ELECTRAL powder from the Medical shop and add this in the water and give the water to your daughter.
    i tried electral but she is not at all drinking it what can i do? i compelled a lot.

jv_66 likes this.

Real Name
    Jayanthy

Quote Originally Posted by alageshk View Post
    i tried electral but she is not at all drinking it what can i do? i compelled a lot.
    Oh...Ok....in that case, if the loose motion was not severe (ie., if it did not exceed 2 days), then, you just give her lots of liquids....like, lots of water, fruit juices (orange , mosambi), buttermilk (if she likes this, you can add little salt to it and give). In the fruit juice, you can add, pinch of salt and lots of sugar. Give these often.

It the loose motion was very severe, and accompanied with vomiting, then you should give her the Drips containing the salt solution by consulting a doctor.

Jayanthy