How to donate blood?
Discussions on "How to donate blood?" in "Health" forum.
7th Feb 2012, 01:11 PM #1
How to donate blood?
Blood donation is very important which every person should do. It not only helps those who get but also the donor, it helps our body to regenerate new blood in circulation. O Ėve person blood is very rare and so it is necessary to donate blood. Before one attempts to donate blood, he needs to know the blood group. It is classified as four major types as A, B, AB, O. they are both positive and negative.
Checklist before donating blood:
1) You need to be eligible to donate blood, the person must be healthy, fit, no cold, cough and other disease. Must have not consumed alcohol, must be crossed at least 18 ages, at least 50kg weight.
2) Never donate blood after any surgery or dental work.
Prior to donating blood:
1) Drink fresh fruit juice and plenty of water that day when you plan to donate blood. Donít come with empty stomach, to make the blood sugar level balanced, so eat before 3 hours and come.
2) If the hospital asks for blood donor card, then you must have it. It is just to tell your blood group and other identification.
At the time of donation:
1) There must be a gap between your previous blood donation time and now, at least 3-4 months gap. So check the hemoglobin level.
2) Donít get nervous, itís just a needle. To avoid pain, hold your fingers tight and close it, pain will not be felt. Cover yourself with blanket or else you may feel the chillness in feet.
1) Rest for 5-20 minutes and have something to eat protein content food and drink water or juice. You may faint sometime so avoid driving.
2) Donít do heavy work like lifting things. Avoid alcohol for 10 hours. In case of any sickness contact a doctor.
1) To get boosted before donating, drink milk and calcium food.
2) After donating, drink orange juice, it helps in good circulation.
- Malvika Sampat
7th Feb 2012, 01:14 PM #2
Re: How to donate blood?
How does blood donation take place?
With increasing population and vehicle trafficking on road accidents occur at a very high rate. Most accidents are due to over speeding, carelessness and misbehavior. But at that our only thought is about saving the person who was injured.
They might have incurred a heavy blood loss and immediately need blood. We people must be ready to donate blood immediately.Rules for donating blood are as follows. Blood groups are ‘O’, ’A’, ’B’, ’AB’.
‘O’ group can donate to all blood groups. ‘A’ group can donate to ‘A’, ’B’, ’AB’. ‘B’ group can donate to ‘A’, ’B’, ’AB’. ‘AB’ can donate to ‘AB’ only. Rh antigen is also taken care of. People who consume drugs cannot donate blood. People who had consumed alcohol cannot donate blood.
People who are prone to diseases like syphilis and aids cannot donate blood. People can donate blood for every three months. New blood will reform within next three months.
People who have received blood can donate blood after six months. Hemoglobin level of the donor must be above 80%. People donating blood must be youngsters. They must be less than 60 years of age.
Few people do not find it easier to donate blood. They will feel the pain initially. It takes only five minutes to donate blood. The donor of blood must take rest for ten minutes.
Few people might feel some dizziness. They might feel like fainting. You can ask them to lie on a blood with their leg a little higher than the head. So that blood circulates to the head. Then they consume an apple. Thereby they can return back to normal state.
Donation of blood also has many benefits. It helps in removing the impure blood. Also rejuvenates production of new blood vessels. There by improves the production of blood. So donate blood and save lives and also stay healthy.
- Malvika Sampat