Discussions on "healthy diet" in "Healthy and Nutritive Foods" forum.
10th Dec 2011, 06:48 PM #1
1. Drink lots of water. Take a 1.5-liter (50oz) bottle of water to work with you, and try to finish it all by home time.
2. Eat five portions of fruit and vegetables every day. If you find this difficult, then remember that smoothies, juices and dried fruit all go toward your five-a-day quota.
3. Never skip breakfast, as its the most important meal of the day! Opt for something that w
ill release energy slowly porridge and a handful of blueberries are a great option!
4. Plan your meals for the week ahead. Write a shopping list and stick to it and never shop when you're hungry, as this is a fatal error that inevitably leads you to stuffing your shopping trolley full of junk!
5. Keep a supply of healthy snacks to hand. Snacks can include fresh and dried fruit, wholesome cereal bars, rice cakes, low-fat fruit yogurts and wholemeal pitta and hummus.
6. Remove all visible fat from food before you cook it. Take the skin off chicken and trim the white fat off any meat. Also, try to avoid eating too many sausages (the fat's not visible from the outside, but it's certainly there!).
7. Limit your intake of stimulants such as caffeine, alcohol and refined sugar.
8. Limit the number of times you eat out to once a week. Take your own packed lunch to work or choose (non-creamy) soup in the canteen.
9. Eat properly. Don't cut out food groups such as carbohydrates altogether in a bid to lose weight quickly. Your body needs balance, so make sure you eat properly. And don't do denial you'll only end up cracking!
10. Only eat things you like the taste of. Find what works for you, and don't force yourself to eat things just because they're good for you.
Similar Threads:In reality there is only Now. If you know how to handle this moment you know how to handle the whole eternity-Jaggi vasudev .