Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Ganga
  • 2 Post By swathiappu
  • 2 Post By Ganga
  • 1 Post By swathiappu

என்ன உணவு கொடுக்கலாம் ?

Discussions on "என்ன உணவு கொடுக்கலாம் ?" in "Healthy and Nutritive Foods" forum.

swathiappu is offline Newbie

Ganga is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Minister's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Re: என்ன உணவு கொடுக்கலாம் ?

Hi Swathi,

Is your baby under weight???

If your baby needs to gain weight then try to encourage smaller but more frequent meals with foods that have lot of nutrients and calories.

* cup of milk morning and evening add powered mixed nuts(cashew, badham etc). You can also add dates to it. iron rich.
    * always add porridge's to ur b'fast menu like ragi porridge, oats or broken wheat(samba ravai)
    * For lunch along wid rice, give dal fry with ghee. or Keerai masiyal (any keerai).Mashed potato with butter.
    * Add more leafy and green veggies to your menu.
    * Add all the pulses and grains to your menu. you can make one sundal everyday for the evening snack.
    * Add fruits to ur brunch menu. just cut and give its more healthier than the juice.
    * You can also add more of diary products like milk,butter milk,curd, butter, cheese to your routine.

If you are Non vegetarian then you can add, daily one boiled egg/scrambled/bull's eye.

* you can give LOTS of fish. (avoid dairy products along with fish. it will lead to food poisoning)
    * Chicken in any form you can add...boiled, fried or soup.
    * mutton twice a week is fine.

Last but not the least you also give them yummy yummy sweets/baked foods.

I hope this will help you but do check with your pediatrician for more help.

Best Regards,

Last edited by Ganga; 14th May 2012 at 03:03 PM.
    Parasakthi and swathiappu like this.
    கங்கா
    விழாமல் இருப்பது பெருமையன்று. விழும் போது எல்லாம் எழுவது தான் பெருமை!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ganga View Post
    Hi Swathi,

Is you baby under weight???

If your baby needs to gain weight then try to encourage smaller but more frequent meals with foods that have lot of nutrients and calories.

* cup of milk morning and evening add powered mixed nuts(cashew, badham etc). You can also add dates to it. iron rich.
    * always add porridge's to ur b'fast menu like ragi porridge, oats or broken wheat(samba ravai)
    * For lunch along wid rice, give dal fry with ghee. or Keerai masiyal (any keerai).Mashed potato with butter.
    * Add more leafy and green veggies to your menu.
    * Add all the pulses and grains to your menu. you can make one sundal everyday for the evening snack.
    * Add fruits to ur brunch menu. just cut and give its more healthier than the juice.
    * You can also add more of diary products like milk,butter milk,curd, butter, cheese to your routine.

If you are Non vegetarian then you can add, daily one boiled egg/scrambled/bull's eye.

* you can give LOTS of fish. (avoid dairy products along with fish. it will lead to food poisoning)
    * Chicken in any form you can add...boiled, fried or soup.
    * mutton twice a week is fine.

Last but not the least you also give them yummy yummy sweets/baked foods.

I hope this will help you but do check with your pediatrician for more help.

Best Regards,
    Dear Ganga sister!

Yes my child is under weight. I think these tips will be more helpful to me to improve my daughter's weight.

Thank u so much for yr guidance Ganga sister.

Parasakthi and Ganga like this.

Ganga is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Minister's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by swathiappu View Post
    Dear Ganga sister!

Yes my child is under weight. I think these tips will be more helpful to me to improve my daughter's weight.

Thank u so much for yr guidance Ganga sister.
    Dear Swathi,

You are always welcome, My daughter's also the same story before. touch-wood now she is fine. Make her active and do feed her in little intervals. she will be alright.

I give lots of fish as much as possible. one egg everyday. Keerai n dal fry, curd rice is her favorite. Try more innovative. bcoz kids get bored very fast. I also try ulundhu sadham, mixed dal rice(masoor dal, moong dal, thuvar dal, urud dal(black-broken).minced chicken and mutton with idly,chappathy.

Happy cooking Swathi...eat well little one.

Don't worry dear...Soon she will b more healthy n more naughty. :D

Best Regards,

Parasakthi and swathiappu like this.
    கங்கா
    விழாமல் இருப்பது பெருமையன்று. விழும் போது எல்லாம் எழுவது தான் பெருமை!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ganga View Post
    Dear Swathi,

You are always welcome, My daughter's also the same story before. touch-wood now she is fine. Make her active and do feed her in little intervals. she will be alright.

I give lots of fish as much as possible. one egg everyday. Keerai n dal fry, curd rice is her favorite. Try more innovative. bcoz kids get bored very fast. I also try ulundhu sadham, mixed dal rice(masoor dal, moong dal, thuvar dal, urud dal(black-broken).minced chicken and mutton with idly,chappathy.

Happy cooking Swathi...eat well little one.

Don't worry dear...Soon she will b more healthy n more naughty. :D

Best Regards,
    Thank u so much for additional info on the subject matter.

Ganga likes this.