20 best super foods for men
Discussions on "20 best super foods for men" in "Healthy and Nutritive Foods" forum.
19th Jun 2011, 05:51 AM #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2011
- Blog Entries
20 best super foods for men
Here are the 20 best super foods for men:
- Cabbage: Cabbage along with its other cruciferous cousins like broccoli is full of nourishing nutrients and these vegetables have zero fat content that makes them an excellent choice for diet conscious men. Sulforaphane is the chemical found in cruciferous vegetables that fights cancer causing free radicals. Include cabbage in your salads or your burger.
- Beets: Beets are loaded with folates and betaine that increases the iron content in your body. The two nutrients reduce blood levels of homocysteine which damages your arteries and leads to heart disease. The stems and leaves of beets can also be eaten as they too are loaded with vitamins, anti oxidants and minerals.
- Guava: Guava is a tropical fruit with an acidic flavor and sweetness and contains high levels of lycopene, anti oxidants which fight prostate cancer. Once cup of guava provides 688 mg of potassium and is certainly much higher than the potassium content in banana. Itís also loaded with fiber making it an ideal diet food.
- Swiss Chard: Swiss chard is a bitter salty vegetable and is extensively used in Mediterranean cuisines. The Swiss chard contains zeaxanthin and lutein which are plant chemicals known as carotenoids which help in protecting your eyes as you age.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is a much favored spice used in cooking extensively across nations. Cinnamon helps control blood sugar levels and this means reduced risks of heart attacks.
- Purslane: Purslane is a weed with broad leaves and a very popular vegetable in Greece, Mexico and China. This leafy vegetable is loaded with healthy Omega-3 fatty acids, the ones that are very essential for the smooth functioning of the heart. The weed has 10-20 times the amount of melatonin, a cancer inhibiting antioxidant.
- Pomegranate Juice: Pomegranate has always been a highly popular drink in the Middle Eastern nations and is an excellent blood purifier and is loaded with Vitamin C. Itís a very powerful drink and itís sufficient to take a small glassful.
- Goji Berries: Goji berries are a cross between a cherries and cranberries and are the size of raisins but are packed with nutrition. The sugars which make the berries sweet have the power to reduce insulin resistance.
- Dried Plums: Dried plums have always been used by people to make bowel movements easy and they are often termed as Ďprunesí. Prunes are loaded with the antioxidants neochlorogenic and Chlorogenic acids, which are super fighters that act against the superoxide anion radical which can damage your cells structurally leading to cancer.
- Pumpkin Seeds: We always discard pumpkin seeds while cooking the vegetable. Pumpkin seeds are packed with nutrition and contain lots of magnesium which helps in preventing early deaths in men.
- Bananas: Bananas are packed with energy providing carbohydrates and sugars for quick energy. They are loaded with potassium that helps in regulation of nerves, heartbeats and blood pressure, reducing stroke risks. Vitamin B-6 in bananas helps formation of blood cells, aids the immune system, allows smooth functioning of the nervous system and assists metabolism.
- Fish: Fatty Fish like salmon, sardines, tuna, herring, and mackerel are loaded with the healthy Omega-3 fatty acids which are heart friendly and help strengthen the heart and its arteries, protect and strengthen the immune system and lower prostate cancer risks. It helps lower blood fat and relieves aches and pains. Fish should be eaten twice a week.
- Broccoli: Broccoli like its cruciferous cousin cabbage is a vegetable loaded with nutrients that help fight heart diseases and cancer. Itís full of Vitamin C, potassium, Beta carotene and sulphoraphane that prevents prostate and colon cancers in men.
- Whole Grains: Whole grains are essential in any diet to provide the body with carbohydrates and they contain the right amounts of fiber, minerals and vitamins that are necessary for the heartís good health. They also help in reducing the waistline. Include oatmeal and barley that contain Vitamin B and fiber to lower bad LDL Cholesterol. Lutein found in quinoa and whole grain pasta helps in keeping the prostate healthy. Drink lots of water when eating whole grains for the easy digestion of these fibers.
- Soybeans and Edamame: Soy and edamame are rich in isoflavones which lower the risk of prostate cancer and bad cholesterol. Soy products like edamame or tofu, soy milk, soy nuts, soy cheese can be included in your daily diet.
- Berries: Eat all types of berries that are loaded with antioxidants and stimulate brain cells.
- Red and Orange Vegetables: Red and orange vegetables like carrots and tomatoes are full of beta carotene and Vitamin C and these are essential for good health.
- Oysters: Eating a few oysters will provide your body with Zinc, the mineral that fights prostate cancer and enhances menís sexual functions and increases sperm count. 11 mg is the daily recommended dosage which can be obtained by eating legumes, lean pork and lean beef too.
- Brazil Nuts: Brazil nuts are packed with selenium and magnesium that prevent heart attacks, prostate cancer.
- Chicken: Including chicken in your diet will provide all the protein needed to build muscle tissues.
Including these food items on a daily basis in your diet can help you meet your everyday energy requirements and keep fatigue and listlessness at bay.
Similar Threads:Guna (குணா)
நினைப்பில் தூய்மையும், சொல்லில் உண்மையும்
13th Jul 2011, 05:05 PM #2Newbie
- Join Date
- Jul 2011
Re: 20 best super foods for men
These all are very effective and natural suggestions that should be strictly followed by men so that they could get a healthy and fit body.I am sure that this can be used as a vital nutrients which can give them a perfect shape and figure really I admire list mentioned above.