Health benefits of Triphala
Discussions on "Health benefits of Triphala" in "Healthy and Nutritive Foods" forum.
9th Jun 2012, 01:33 AM #1
Health benefits of Triphala
Triphala is an Ayurvedic herb that is good for cleansing the system and for healthy bowel movements. Triphala has a myriad benefits primarily because of its composition of 3 powerful healing herbs. Haritaki (Gallnut), Amalaki (Gooseberry) and Bibhitaki. Triphala churna is the herb in its powdered form.
This amazing herb has been used in Ayurvedic medicine in India for thousands of years. It is not only a powerful laxative and cleanser; it is also used to treat cardiovascular diseases like high blood pressure and ulcerative colitis.Used regularly, it also rejuvenates and detoxifies the liver and blood.
The benefits of triphala churna, apart from the ones already mentioned, make an impressive list, almost too good to be true. Here goes:
- Good for the eyes, skin and heart.
- It is said to cleanse the subtle energy channels of the body, helping one to feel calmer.
- Can reduce thinning of hair, and also bring some colour back to greying hair.
- Ayurvedic texts suggest that it is good for memory function and also has anti- ageing qualities.
- Enhances immune function and increases red blood cell count.
- Regulates the digestive system, helping the body break down and absorb nutrients from food.
- It is also a great natural remedy for over acidity of the stomach and encourages appetite. Hence good for recovery from illness.
- Helps with elimination and maintaining balance in the urinary tract.
- Triphala churna is a wonderful herb for natural colon cleansing. By keeping the liver healthy it enables the body to get rid of toxins.
- By helping to maintain the moisture and mucus balance in the lungs, it reduces the potential for respiratory infections.
- Helps maintain muscle tone and contributes to development of lean muscle mass, especially for practitioners of yoga.
- It helps in weight loss, blood purification and blood pressure.
- It is anti-cancer agent and also helps in controlling diabetes.
9th Jun 2012, 01:35 AM #2
Re: Health benefits of Triphala
- Triphala has long since been treated as an anti-spasmodic and is thus used to treat high blood pressure and hypertension.
- It relieves spasms and boosts blood flow through the arteries. What more, it is known to control cholesterol levels by fighting against bad cholesterol i.e. LDL.
- Triphala benefits heart patients by regularizing the heart rate
- It is helpful for anemia patients as it helps generate red blood cells.
- It helps to maintain cholesterol levels, thereby reducing heart problems.
- A recent scientific study claimed that triphala has anti-cancer properties and it helps reduce the risk of tumors.
- Triphala prevents aging, imparts immunity, and improves mental faculties.