Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree33Likes

JUST WANT TO increase my weight....pls help

Discussions on "JUST WANT TO increase my weight....pls help" in "Healthy and Nutritive Foods" forum.

naliniselva is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Guru's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Nalini
    Blog Entries

JUST WANT TO increase my weight....pls help

Hi...friends...
    என் பிரச்சனை ...உடல் எடை குறைவாக இருக்கு...சோ friends ....ஹெல்ப் me டு gain weight ...எனக்கு கல்யாணம் ஆயிடுச்சின்னு சொன்னா எல்லாரும் ஆச்சர்ய படுறாங்க 2nd பேபி பொறந்து 1year ஆகுது ...பட் ஸ்டில் i 'm looking like a college going girl ....எனக்கு புடிக்கள ...please help me ..

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links

நளினி

srijosh is offline Minister's of Penmai

Re: JUST WANT TO increase my weight....pls help

hi nalini,,
    neraiya snacks sapidunga... apram daily night milk la honey kalanthu kudinga.. pure honeya irukanum.....

sumathisrini is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Sumathi

Dear Nalini!

First step is to increase the intake of protein in the daily diet. Increase the intake of healthy fats and more of calorie. Intake of these protein, fat, carbohydrates, fiber, vitamins, and minerals can only increase the weight. Instead of taking 2-3 full meals, you can take five small meals every day. Depending on the work of the person, the diet differs. If you just wants the increase in weight, and when you does not care much about the structure of the body, then you can eat and sleep. That practice will increase the weight in greater extent but generally leads to obesity. Intake of ghee, rice, and calorie-contained food will increase the weight in women. Potato chips, cheese items, boiled items, oil content foods, pizzas, and burgers will play a major role in increasing the weight in greater extent.

Step one to gaining weight is eating the right amount of food each day. Start eating about 20 times your body weight in calories every day.

It’s a good idea to plan your meals for each day, so you know what and when to eat – and you don’t have to just “wing it.”

So step on a scale and weigh yourself. Now multiply your body weight x 20. The total will give you the amount of calories you should eat per day. So if you weigh 120 pounds and multiply it by 20, you’ll have to eat 2,400 calories each day in order to gain weight.

The actual amount of calories may be a little more or a little less for optimum results, but 20 times your body weight is the best place to start. You can always add an additional 200 daily calories if you find that you aren’t making any gains.

Next, you need to pay attention to the kind of food you eat. Eating junk food will only help you gain fat… In order to gain muscle weight, you need to eat healthy food, such as lean meat, good carbs and healthy fat. Junk food won’t help you build muscle but a healthy weight gain diet will. The ratio of foods you should eat is 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat.

It’s also important that you split up your meals into six smaller meals each day instead of the standard three large meals. This way, it will be easier to build muscle. If you only eat three large meals daily, your body won’t be getting the constant stream of nutrients it needs to build muscle at an optimum rate and you will be more prone to store fat.

Hope this help u to gain weight

Last edited by sumathisrini; 16th Nov 2012 at 12:26 PM.

Rudhraa is offline Moderator & Blogger Commander's of Penmai

Good suggestion given by srijosh and sumathi.

here is a tip given by grandma's "Soak a handful of black channa overnight, next day morning, wash it with water and then eat the black channa". Channa is rich in protein, so it helps a lot to gain weight.

Universal Rule Never Change!
    What you send out, comes back.
    What you sow, you reap.
    What you give, you get.

Bagavad Gita Discussion Group| Must Read Motivational Books!

Blogger
    Guru's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Nalini
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srijosh View Post
    hi nalini,,
    neraiya snacks sapidunga... apram daily night milk la honey kalanthu kudinga.. pure honeya irukanum.....
    thanks srijosh.....note pannikiteen try panren....

sumitra and srijosh like this.

நளினி

Blogger
    Guru's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Nalini
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sumathisrini View Post
    Dear Nalini!

First step is to increase the intake of protein in the daily diet. Increase the intake of healthy fats and more of calorie. Intake of these protein, fat, carbohydrates, fiber, vitamins, and minerals can only increase the weight. Instead of taking 2-3 full meals, you can take five small meals every day. Depending on the work of the person, the diet differs. If you just wants the increase in weight, and when you does not care much about the structure of the body, then you can eat and sleep. That practice will increase the weight in greater extent but generally leads to obesity. Intake of ghee, rice, and calorie-contained food will increase the weight in women. Potato chips, cheese items, boiled items, oil content foods, pizzas, and burgers will play a major role in increasing the weight in greater extent.

Step one to gaining weight is eating the right amount of food each day. Start eating about 20 times your body weight in calories every day.

It’s a good idea to plan your meals for each day, so you know what and when to eat – and you don’t have to just “wing it.”

So step on a scale and weigh yourself. Now multiply your body weight x 20. The total will give you the amount of calories you should eat per day. So if you weigh 120 pounds and multiply it by 20, you’ll have to eat 2,400 calories each day in order to gain weight.

The actual amount of calories may be a little more or a little less for optimum results, but 20 times your body weight is the best place to start. You can always add an additional 200 daily calories if you find that you aren’t making any gains.

Next, you need to pay attention to the kind of food you eat. Eating junk food will only help you gain fat… In order to gain muscle weight, you need to eat healthy food, such as lean meat, good carbs and healthy fat. Junk food won’t help you build muscle but a healthy weight gain diet will. The ratio of foods you should eat is 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat.

It’s also important that you split up your meals into six smaller meals each day instead of the standard three large meals. This way, it will be easier to build muscle. If you only eat three large meals daily, your body won’t be getting the constant stream of nutrients it needs to build muscle at an optimum rate and you will be more prone to store fat.

Hope this help u to gain weight
    sumathisrini......wow ...thanks for your useful information pa....neenga sonnathu pola naan time table & menu pottuvachittu saapiduren...niraya sollirukinga ......naan first en weight note pannitu naan itha try paana poren, namma penmai friends kuduthirukkura tips sayum apply panren....very very very...thanks..pa

sumathisrini and sumitra like this.

நளினி

Blogger
    Guru's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Nalini
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rudhraa View Post
    Good suggestion given by srijosh and sumathi.

here is a tip given by grandma's "Soak a handful of black channa overnight, next day morning, wash it with water and then eat the black channa". Channa is rich in protein, so it helps a lot to gain weight.
    thanks rudhraa...paatti vaiththiyam....daily naan neenga sonnatha yum senji parkkuren pa....

Rudhraa and sumitra like this.

நளினி

vaishnav is offline Commander's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Vaishnavi

hai naliniselva,

actully gaining weight is very easy rather than reducing weight....
    i am giving some ideas..

Drink 1 or 2 spoons of honey regularly in empty stomach...
    In food wise u can concentrate on vegetables rather than rice..
    Avoid eating tiffen items for dinner and try to have rice ..
    Have nuts like cashew and badham regularly..
    Take sweets also...

Last edited by vaishnav; 17th Nov 2012 at 07:46 AM.

sumitra is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Dear Naliniselva, don't follow the suggestions blindly. you may be knowing about ideal body weight index as per your height and body frame.
    you are telling that even after giving birth to a second baby you are looking like a college girl. you should be proud of the same. putting up weight is very easy but afterwards if you want to reduce it is very difficult. think and act also please consult a dietician in your area and take their advise also. thanks and all the best.

vaishnav, Rudhraa, srijosh and 1 others like this.

Rudhraa is offline Moderator & Blogger Commander's of Penmai

hi sumitra, the bmi's are not viewable.

sumitra likes this.
    Universal Rule Never Change!
    What you send out, comes back.
    What you sow, you reap.
    What you give, you get.

Bagavad Gita Discussion Group| Must Read Motivational Books!