Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree1886Likes

Health Tip of the Day!!


Discussions on "Health Tip of the Day!!" in "Healthy and Nutritive Foods" forum.


  1. #241
    gkarti's Avatar
    gkarti is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Karthiga
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Madurai
    Posts
    49,099

    Re: Health Tip of the Day!!

    Health Tip of the Day!!-driedlotusseeds.jpg

    Lotus Seeds - Eating raw lotus seeds provides 94.3 calories.It is a low-fat, cholesterol-free snack. Lotus seeds contain no sugar but do provide 18.3 g of carbohydrates and 4.4 g of protein as well as 4.6% and 5.6% of the daily values of calcium and iron, respectively. Calorie Lab notes that the seeds are also a good source of thiamine, phosphorus, potassium and manganese.

    Lotus seeds are high in fiber so helps to avoid constipation. They help the body to remove the waste and thus prevent the accumulation of toxins.

    Lotus seeds contain flavonoids which are antioxidants and reverse the adverse effects of free radicals in the body. They also prevent the inflammations in the body. These free radicals are the main cause of many degenerative diseases like diabetes mellitus, heart problems and even cancers.

    Lotus seeds are high in fiber and low in calories so a great food for weight loss too. One can also munch on them as this will not add free calories. It can be digested by all age groups. You can also give them to children by little bit roasting. This will be a healthy snack for them rather than chips.

    They are also recommended for women in pregnancy and post natal weakness. They maintain healthy pregnancy and to build up body’s energy. It also acts as an aphrodisiac. Lotus seeds increases the quality and quantity of semen, prevents premature ejaculation, increases libido and helps in female infertility.



    Sponsored Links

  2. #242
    gkarti's Avatar
    gkarti is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Karthiga
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Madurai
    Posts
    49,099

    Re: Health Tip of the Day!!

    Health Tip of the Day!!-butterbeans.jpg

    Butter Beans/Lima Beans - Lima beans are important source of plant proteins.100 g beans contain 338 cal per 100 g and provide 21.46 g or 38% of protein. In addition, lima are rich source of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and plant sterols.

    Butter bean is high in dietary fiber. Fiber is beneficial in lowering cholesterol levels, and also in regulating blood sugar levels. The beans also contain insoluble fiber, which is helpful in preventing digestive disorders.

    Butter beans have high levels of a trace mineral called molybdenum, which is necessary to detoxify sulfates, a commonly used food preservative. People who have sulfite sensitivities (which can cause headache and rapid heartbeat) may benefit from adding butter beans to their diet.

    The manganese and calcium in Lima beans combine forces to maintain strong bones, and along with other trace minerals may combat osteoporosis.

    As well as being rich in slow-burning complex carbohydrates, lima beans can increase your energy by contributing to the body's iron stores. Besides which, lima beans are a better source for iron than red meat, as they are low in calories and practically fat-free.

    Iron is a key component of hemoglobin, which moves oxygen from the lungs throughout the body, and is also necessary for energy production and metabolism. Menstruating or pregnant women have an even greater need for iron, as do anemics and adolescents.


    Last edited by gkarti; 26th Feb 2013 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Text Added
    Nishahameetha and jv_66 like this.

  3. #243
    gopi1cam is offline Newbie
    Real Name
    Gopi
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Coimbatore
    Posts
    18

    Re: Health Tip of the Day!!

    நலமுடன் வாழ"

    " வாழை " உடல்நல நன்மைகள்:-

    முக்கனிகளின் மூன்றாம் கனி : " வாழை "

    வாழைப்பழம் ஒரு சாதாரணப் பழவகையைச் சேர்ந்ததாக இருந்தாலும், அதன் மருத்துவ குணங்கள் அதிசயிக்க வைக்கின்றன. இதில் குளூக்கோஸ், ஃபிரக்டோஸ் மற்றும் சுக்ரோஸ் போன்ற சர்க்கரைகளுடன் நார்ச்சத்தும் அடங்கி உள்ளதால் அற்புதமான உணவாகும்.

    வாழை வகையில் தென்னிந்தியாவை மிஞ்ச முடியாது. மலைப்பழம், ரஸ்தாளி, சிறுமலைப்பழம், பூவன், சர்க்கரை கதளி, செவ்வாழை, பச்சைப்பழம், பேயன் இப்படி.

    வாழைக்காயில் மாவுச்சத்து அதிகம். நன்றாக பழுத்த பழத்தில் இதுவே சர்க்கரையாகி மிருதுத்தன்மையையும் நல்ல மணத்தையும் தருகிறது.

    எல்லோருக்கும் எளிதில் கிடைக்கும் வாழைப்பழம் நிறைய பலன்களை நமக்கு அள்ளித் தருகிறது. தினமும் ஒரு வாழைப்பழம் சாப்பிட்டு வந்தால் அஜீரணக் கோளாறு வராது.

    மலச்சிக்கல், மூலநோயால் பாதிக்கப்பட்டவர்கள் தினமும் ஒரு வாழைப்பழம் சாப்பிட்டு வந்தால் அந்த நோய்ப் பாதிப்பில் இருந்து படிப்படியாக விடுபடலாம்.

    வயது ஆக ஆக எல்லோருக்கும் கண்பார்வை குறையத் தொடங்கிவிடும். அத்தகைய பாதிப்புக்கு ஆளானவர்கள், தினமும் ஒரு செவ்வாழைப்பழம் வீதம் 21 நாட்களுக்கு தொடர்ந்து சாப்பிட்டு வந்தால் கண் பார்வை படிப்படியாக தெளிவடையும்.



  4. #244
    gkarti's Avatar
    gkarti is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Karthiga
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Madurai
    Posts
    49,099

    Re: Health Tip of the Day!!

    Health Tip of the Day!!-aloe-vera_4.jpg

    Aloe Vera -
    Aloe Vera plant has vitamins including Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C and E, Folic Acid and Niacin. Drinking a daily dose of Aloe Vera Juice can enhance body defense system against any kind of oxidative stress.

    Aloe Vera plant juice when taken regularly supports digestion by naturally cleaning digestive system. This is a great Aloe Vera benefit for those who suffer from constipation. It benefits us with a feeling of well-being, imparting energy and helping to build a healthy body weight.

    Aloe Vera plant with its immune enhancers supports immune system. The juice helps in strengthens gums and promotes strong and healthy teeth.

    Aloe Vera plants are also helpful in curing blisters, insect bites and any allergic reactions, eczema, burns, inflammations, wounds, psoriasis. This Aloe Vera benefit is a boon for people who have sensitive skin.

    Aloe Vera plant has been found to be favorable in the treatment of diabetes; it lowers glucose levels in the blood. It contains laxative properties, which is effective in relieving digestive tract problems, like stomach aches and heartburn.




  5. #245
    divideva's Avatar
    divideva is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Commander's of Penmai
    Real Name
    DHIVYA
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Mysore
    Posts
    1,662
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Health Tip of the Day!!

    Quote Originally Posted by gkarti View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aloe-Vera_4.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	92836

    Aloe Vera -
    Aloe Vera plant has vitamins including Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C and E, Folic Acid and Niacin. Drinking a daily dose of Aloe Vera Juice can enhance body defense system against any kind of oxidative stress.

    Aloe Vera plant juice when taken regularly supports digestion by naturally cleaning digestive system. This is a great Aloe Vera benefit for those who suffer from constipation. It benefits us with a feeling of well-being, imparting energy and helping to build a healthy body weight.

    Aloe Vera plant with its immune enhancers supports immune system. The juice helps in strengthens gums and promotes strong and healthy teeth.

    Aloe Vera plants are also helpful in curing blisters, insect bites and any allergic reactions, eczema, burns, inflammations, wounds, psoriasis. This Aloe Vera benefit is a boon for people who have sensitive skin.

    Aloe Vera plant has been found to be favorable in the treatment of diabetes; it lowers glucose levels in the blood. It contains laxative properties, which is effective in relieving digestive tract problems, like stomach aches and heartburn.

    Useful and good tips karti sis...... Thanks for sharing.......

    gkarti likes this.

  6. #246
    sumitra's Avatar
    sumitra is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    mysore
    Posts
    23,699
    Blog Entries
    18

    Re: Health Tip of the Day!!

    Quote Originally Posted by gkarti View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DriedLotusSeeds.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	92605

    Lotus Seeds - Eating raw lotus seeds provides 94.3 calories.It is a low-fat, cholesterol-free snack. Lotus seeds contain no sugar but do provide 18.3 g of carbohydrates and 4.4 g of protein as well as 4.6% and 5.6% of the daily values of calcium and iron, respectively. Calorie Lab notes that the seeds are also a good source of thiamine, phosphorus, potassium and manganese.

    Lotus seeds are high in fiber so helps to avoid constipation. They help the body to remove the waste and thus prevent the accumulation of toxins.

    Lotus seeds contain flavonoids which are antioxidants and reverse the adverse effects of free radicals in the body. They also prevent the inflammations in the body. These free radicals are the main cause of many degenerative diseases like diabetes mellitus, heart problems and even cancers.

    Lotus seeds are high in fiber and low in calories so a great food for weight loss too. One can also munch on them as this will not add free calories. It can be digested by all age groups. You can also give them to children by little bit roasting. This will be a healthy snack for them rather than chips.

    They are also recommended for women in pregnancy and post natal weakness. They maintain healthy pregnancy and to build up body’s energy. It also acts as an aphrodisiac. Lotus seeds increases the quality and quantity of semen, prevents premature ejaculation, increases libido and helps in female infertility.
    wonderful and very useful information you have shared. thank you Karthiga

    gkarti likes this.

  7. #247
    sumitra's Avatar
    sumitra is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    mysore
    Posts
    23,699
    Blog Entries
    18

    Re: Health Tip of the Day!!

    Quote Originally Posted by gkarti View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ButterBeans.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	92672

    Butter Beans/Lima Beans - Lima beans are important source of plant proteins.100 g beans contain 338 cal per 100 g and provide 21.46 g or 38% of protein. In addition, lima are rich source of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and plant sterols.

    Butter bean is high in dietary fiber. Fiber is beneficial in lowering cholesterol levels, and also in regulating blood sugar levels. The beans also contain insoluble fiber, which is helpful in preventing digestive disorders.

    Butter beans have high levels of a trace mineral called molybdenum, which is necessary to detoxify sulfates, a commonly used food preservative. People who have sulfite sensitivities (which can cause headache and rapid heartbeat) may benefit from adding butter beans to their diet.

    The manganese and calcium in Lima beans combine forces to maintain strong bones, and along with other trace minerals may combat osteoporosis.

    As well as being rich in slow-burning complex carbohydrates, lima beans can increase your energy by contributing to the body's iron stores. Besides which, lima beans are a better source for iron than red meat, as they are low in calories and practically fat-free.

    Iron is a key component of hemoglobin, which moves oxygen from the lungs throughout the body, and is also necessary for energy production and metabolism. Menstruating or pregnant women have an even greater need for iron, as do anemics and adolescents.
    Very good collection of information about the benefits of butter beans / Lima Beans. thank you very much Karthiga

    gkarti likes this.

  8. #248
    sumitra's Avatar
    sumitra is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    mysore
    Posts
    23,699
    Blog Entries
    18

    Re: Health Tip of the Day!!

    Quote Originally Posted by gkarti View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aloe-Vera_4.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	92836

    Aloe Vera -
    Aloe Vera plant has vitamins including Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C and E, Folic Acid and Niacin. Drinking a daily dose of Aloe Vera Juice can enhance body defense system against any kind of oxidative stress.

    Aloe Vera plant juice when taken regularly supports digestion by naturally cleaning digestive system. This is a great Aloe Vera benefit for those who suffer from constipation. It benefits us with a feeling of well-being, imparting energy and helping to build a healthy body weight.

    Aloe Vera plant with its immune enhancers supports immune system. The juice helps in strengthens gums and promotes strong and healthy teeth.

    Aloe Vera plants are also helpful in curing blisters, insect bites and any allergic reactions, eczema, burns, inflammations, wounds, psoriasis. This Aloe Vera benefit is a boon for people who have sensitive skin.

    Aloe Vera plant has been found to be favorable in the treatment of diabetes; it lowers glucose levels in the blood. It contains laxative properties, which is effective in relieving digestive tract problems, like stomach aches and heartburn.

    The information you have provided about the advantages of aloe vera is simply superb. thank you very much Karthiga

    gkarti likes this.

  9. #249
    sumitra's Avatar
    sumitra is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    mysore
    Posts
    23,699
    Blog Entries
    18

    Re: Health Tip of the Day!!

    Quote Originally Posted by gopi1cam View Post
    நலமுடன் வாழ"

    " வாழை " உடல்நல நன்மைகள்:-

    முக்கனிகளின் மூன்றாம் கனி : " வாழை "

    வாழைப்பழம் ஒரு சாதாரணப் பழவகையைச் சேர்ந்ததாக இருந்தாலும், அதன் மருத்துவ குணங்கள் அதிசயிக்க வைக்கின்றன. இதில் குளூக்கோஸ், ஃபிரக்டோஸ் மற்றும் சுக்ரோஸ் போன்ற சர்க்கரைகளுடன் நார்ச்சத்தும் அடங்கி உள்ளதால் அற்புதமான உணவாகும்.

    வாழை வகையில் தென்னிந்தியாவை மிஞ்ச முடியாது. மலைப்பழம், ரஸ்தாளி, சிறுமலைப்பழம், பூவன், சர்க்கரை கதளி, செவ்வாழை, பச்சைப்பழம், பேயன் இப்படி.

    வாழைக்காயில் மாவுச்சத்து அதிகம். நன்றாக பழுத்த பழத்தில் இதுவே சர்க்கரையாகி மிருதுத்தன்மையையும் நல்ல மணத்தையும் தருகிறது.

    எல்லோருக்கும் எளிதில் கிடைக்கும் வாழைப்பழம் நிறைய பலன்களை நமக்கு அள்ளித் தருகிறது. தினமும் ஒரு வாழைப்பழம் சாப்பிட்டு வந்தால் அஜீரணக் கோளாறு வராது.

    மலச்சிக்கல், மூலநோயால் பாதிக்கப்பட்டவர்கள் தினமும் ஒரு வாழைப்பழம் சாப்பிட்டு வந்தால் அந்த நோய்ப் பாதிப்பில் இருந்து படிப்படியாக விடுபடலாம்.

    வயது ஆக ஆக எல்லோருக்கும் கண்பார்வை குறையத் தொடங்கிவிடும். அத்தகைய பாதிப்புக்கு ஆளானவர்கள், தினமும் ஒரு செவ்வாழைப்பழம் வீதம் 21 நாட்களுக்கு தொடர்ந்து சாப்பிட்டு வந்தால் கண் பார்வை படிப்படியாக தெளிவடையும்.
    thank you very much sir for providing valuable information on Vaazhai


  10. #250
    gkarti's Avatar
    gkarti is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Karthiga
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Madurai
    Posts
    49,099

    Re: Health Tip of the Day!!

    You're Welcome DD

    Quote Originally Posted by divideva View Post
    Useful and good tips karti sis...... Thanks for sharing.......
    Thank you very Much for your Comments Ma'am.

    Quote Originally Posted by sumitra View Post
    wonderful and very useful information you have shared. thank you Karthiga
    Quote Originally Posted by sumitra View Post
    Very good collection of information about the benefits of butter beans / Lima Beans. thank you very much Karthiga
    Quote Originally Posted by sumitra View Post
    The information you have provided about the advantages of aloe vera is simply superb. thank you very much Karthiga


    divideva likes this.

loading...

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 13th Dec 2012, 12:58 PM
  2. 6th Dec 2012, 12:58 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Like It?
Share It!







Follow Penmai on Twitter