User Tag List

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By sumishan23
  • 2 Post By sumitra
  • 1 Post By sumitra
  • 1 Post By sumitra
  • 1 Post By dipens

I'm pregnant -How to increase haemoglobin level

Discussions on "I'm pregnant -How to increase haemoglobin level" in "I am pregnant" forum.

sumishan23 is offline Newbie

I'm pregnant -How to increase haemoglobin level

Hello sisters

Just now I have become the member of penmai.com

I am pregnant & 6 months. Doctor advised me to increase the humoglobin levels as it only 8 for me.

Kindly suggest the right foods to be taken to increase the same

with love

sumathi

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links
    jv_66, sumitra and dipens like this.

sumitra is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Re: Introduce

Hi Sumishan, Welcome to penmai.com! Congratulations for your pregnancy!

Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Hi Sumishan, follow your doctors advise, ask him only for the suggestions to increase hemoglobin level in your blood. He may prescribe some iron tablets, injections etc to increase the hemoglobin level in your blood. Don't delay.

Please go through the following material also :

First talk to your doctor about an iron supplement. Your doctor might advose suitable tablets and injections if you become anemic. Iron deficiency anemia is a condition in which the size and number of red blood cells are reduced. This condition might result from inadequate intake of iron or from blood loss.
    Sources of Iron

Meat & Seafood

Lean Beef
    Chicken
    Clams
    Crab
    Egg yolk
    Fish
    Lamb
    Liver
    Oysters
    Pork
    Sardines
    Shrimp
    Turkey
    Veal

Fruits

All berries
    Apricots
    Dried fruits including prunes, raisins and apricots
    Grapes
    Grapefruit
    Oranges
    Plums
    Prune juice
    Watermelon
    Legumes

Dry and peas
    Lentils
    Soybeans

Breads & Cereals

Enriched rice and pasta
    Soft pretzel
    Whole grain and enriched or fortified breads and cereals

Vegetables

Black-eyed peas
    Broccoli
    Brussels sprouts
    Collard and turnip greens
    Lima beans
    Sweet potatoes
    Spinach

Other Foods

Molasses
    Peanuts
    Peanut Butter
    Pine nuts
    Pumpkin or squash seeds

jv_66 and dipens like this.

Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Other facts about iron

• Vitamin C helps your body use iron. It is important to include sources of Vitamin C along with foods containing iron and iron supplements. Foods high in Vitamin C include orange juice, grapefruit juice, green peppers, broccoli, melon, strawberries, and cabbage.
    • Caffeine can inhibit the absorption of iron. Try to consume iron supplements and foods high in iron at least one to three hours before or after drinking or eating foods containing caffeine. In general, caffeine is found in coffee, tea, colas, and chocolate products. Caffeine-free colas and many medicines also contain caffeine.
    • Iron is lost in cooking some foods. To retain iron, cook foods in a minimal amount of water and for the shortest possible time. Also, cooking in cast iron pots can add up to 80 percent more iron to foods.
    • Constipation is a common side effect of taking iron supplements. To help relieve constipation, slowly increase the fiber in your diet by including whole grain breads, cereals, fruits, and vegetables. Drinking at least eight cups of fluids daily and increasing moderate exercise (as recommended by your physician) can also help you avoid constipation.

jv_66 likes this.

Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Top 5 Foods to Improve your Hemoglobin

Red Meat: When we look at foods that can boost your hemoglobin we are looking for rich iron content.
    I'm pregnant -How to increase haemoglobin level-redmeat.jpg
    When it comes to red meat, you will find heme iron (or iron that is well absorbed) and the best part about it is that it can be easily absorbed in the intestine. But let's not go binge on red meat, you don’t want to be down with cardiovascular disease that could result from overeating or higher fat content. As with all else, a balanced diet
    is the key here.

Veggies: Beetroot, palak or spinach, green peas, rajma or kidney beans, cabbage, turnip, sweet potato and cauliflower are some vegetables that are easily available in the Indian market.
    I'm pregnant -How to increase haemoglobin level-veggies.jpg
    If you have access to imported veggies try out broccoli, lima beans, collards and black beans. Beetroot is the best natural remedy to boost blood count, it has the ability to regenerate iron content and activates red blood cells, supplying fresh oxygen to the blood.

Fruits- Raisins, prunes, dried figs, apricots, apples, grapes and watermelons not only get the red blood cells flowing but also improve the blood count.
    I'm pregnant -How to increase haemoglobin level-fruits1.jpg
    Citrus fruits like oranges, amla or Indian gooseberry, lime and grapefruit help to attract iron. They play a very important role in increasing blood count.

Nuts- Some of us like them, some don’t; but all nuts have some amount of iron in them. The king of all nuts with the highest iron content is the humble almond.
    I'm pregnant -How to increase haemoglobin level-dryfruits.jpg
    One ounce of almonds every day provides 6% of iron. Dry fruits and nuts can be purchased from any provision store in cities and towns. In fact, the good news is that almonds are the cheapest of all the other nuts and dry fruits available to us; a definite sign that Mother Nature does care.
    Breads, Pasta, Cereals- Check the labels on wholegrain breads, pastas, and cereals; Each pack must contains 20% or more of the daily value for iron.
    I'm pregnant -How to increase haemoglobin level-pasta.jpg
    Whole grains offer many health benefits for which everyone must try to incorporate them into their daily diets. Here’s one more reason to continue doing so, whole grain is a rich source in iron.

for more details please visit healthmeup.com

jv_66 likes this.

dipens is offline Newbie

nice suggestions Sumitra.
    Now I am hungry.

sumitra likes this.