Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By maryjoseph
  • 1 Post By sumitra
  • 1 Post By Akilaadai

should i go for work after my delivery?

Discussions on "should i go for work after my delivery?" in "I am pregnant" forum.

maryjoseph is offline Newbie

should i go for work after my delivery?

hai i am mary. i am working in mnc in chennai. its 9th month of my pregnancy and i got my mat leave 3 weeks before. i am bit confused in making decision. because my parents are saying to quit this job after my delivery. they told that caring your child is more than important than your job. but my husband and in-laws don't want me to do. they have no problem with my job. infact they ask me to go for job as they want good status among their relations. the family actually don't need any financial support of mine. but its only for fame and status. i am also don't want to go for job. because i want to be with my child and to show my full care and love to her/him. i want to enjoy every moments with my child. if i go for work i will miss everything and will have hectic life. please tell me now what should i do. should i go for office. or stay in home. if i wish to stay in home then how to explain about this to my family. please help me

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links
    jv_66 and sumitra like this.

sumitra is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Re: should i go for work after my delivery?

Hi Mary, Welcome to penmai.com!

sumitra is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by maryjoseph View Post
    hai i am mary. i am working in mnc in chennai. its 9th month of my pregnancy and i got my mat leave 3 weeks before. i am bit confused in making decision. because my parents are saying to quit this job after my delivery. they told that caring your child is more than important than your job. but my husband and in-laws don't want me to do. they have no problem with my job. infact they ask me to go for job as they want good status among their relations. the family actually don't need any financial support of mine. but its only for fame and status. i am also don't want to go for job. because i want to be with my child and to show my full care and love to her/him. i want to enjoy every moments with my child. if i go for work i will miss everything and will have hectic life. please tell me now what should i do. should i go for office. or stay in home. if i wish to stay in home then how to explain about this to my family. please help me
    Hi Mary, Congratulations! We wish you a safe delivery of your baby! Don't bother too much about your job or joining the job after your delivery! You must take care of your health and also your baby. Hence after delivery of your baby you can decide about your continuing the job or not. If required apply for long leave without pay. Some management may allow you to do your job from home also. If your management allows you like that continue your working without going to office and look after your baby with your love and affection. All the best. thank you!

jv_66 likes this.

Akilaadai is offline Newbie

It should be the decision of mother to continue work or not. Since you say that you do not have any financial constraints, you can very well stay at home and enjoy your motherhood with your new baby. Don't spoil your happiness for the sake of status.

jv_66 likes this.