Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

iui or ivf

Discussions on "iui or ivf" in "Infertility & Treatments" forum.

bhanushanti is offline Newbie

Unhappy iui or ivf

hi friends iam new to this forum.
    here goes my medical history:i have one myomectomy surgery in 2008 for removal of 4 uterine fibroid.then i was diagnosed with pcod and endometrial polyp in 2010..and again one hysteroscopy for it last month...taking metformin for pcod...my husbands sa report is normal.

i have 2 failed iui ....iam 33 years old pls suggest me how to proceed further shall i go for more iuis or proceed to ivf...pls pls pls guide me.

Sponsored Links

Unregistered Guest

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by penmai View Post
    hi bhanushanthi welcome to penmai.com. Really feeling very sad to here your situation. What's the opinion of your doctor, is she suggesting you for more iui's or guiding you to do ivf.

According to my thought you can try 2 or 3 more iui's but don't try after that, since your age factors is 33 which is high. Have faith in god and have hope.

Wait and see what other peoples are saying here and take your decision.
    thanx penmai.....but right now there is no reply of my query iam really tensed my doctor has left decision on me but iam yet to decide...i was thinking that i will get some reply here but see no reply other then urs...iam really sad what to do.

radhika is offline Friends's of Penmai
    hi bhanu... go for IVF because your age is above 30 know..... so its better to go to IVF, but check with the sucess rate in the hospital

ushababu is offline Friends's of Penmai
    bhanu.. really very feeling sad to read your situation. If you can afford cost (in India it will take nearly Rs. 2,00,000 or more) then you can go for IVF or else try with some more IUI's.

I had seen peoples who had failed with IVF also got success with IUI's.

All the best...

USHA
    Try not to become a man of success but a man of value.

thanx usha and radhika i will ask my doctor for both...thanx for ur helpful guidance

sweetlalitha is offline Friends's of Penmai
    hi bhanu,

whats your height and weight. If you are over weight then try to reduce it. I had seen many peoples who are having PCOS got conceived when they reduced their weight. because it will make your hormones to be balanced.

Better try with some more IUI's since IVF is costly comparing to IVF. Did you had taken any tablets for improving quality of egg before doing IUI.

I will include you in my prayers... surely you will be blessed with a baby!!!

thanx lalitha...iam 5'4" weight 65 kgs...doctor has given me metformin and he is now insisting only on ivf now and saying that only ivf will work for me............although i want more iuis but watt to do?

hi bhanushanthi, your weight is ideal. Try to tell her to go for 2 or 3 more iui's, if she refuses or if you didn't have hope you can consult another doctor.

thanx lalitha...one more problem i want to share...after last failed iui iam facing the problem of watery discharge which is damn uncomfortable..last month i had heavy bleeding and mid cycle spotting also...is there any serious problem here?????

did you told these things to your doctor. watery discharge may come for a day but i think not more than a day.

when you got your Mid cycle bleeding? If it is after doing IUI then probably it may be due to implantation failure... Please discuss it with your doctor clearly about these problems.