• 8 Post By GayathriArun
  • 2 Post By Geetha A
  • 4 Post By devikaselvaraj
  • 1 Post By chaarumathi
  • 1 Post By Nisha kamil
  • 1 Post By Nisha kamil
  • 1 Post By lavanya Rajagopal

PCOS Indian Diet Plan

Discussions on "PCOS Indian Diet Plan" in "Infertility & Treatments" forum.

PCOS Indian Diet Plan

Pls share some good foods that helps people like me suffering from PCOS. What are all the foods that i can take to treat pcos and suppress it.

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links
    Mary Daisy likes this.

GayathriArun is offline Friends's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Gayathri ArunPrakash

Re: PCOS Indian Diet Plan

Hai Devika,

I saw your thread - pcos herbal medicines also.

First you must understand what is pcos:
    PCOS is characterized by enlarged ovaries that contain numerous small and painless cysts. Its a hormone disorder.
    What is hormone disorder: Proteins or steroids secreted directly into the blood stream are called hormones. Many of your body's normal, everyday, functions are regulated by hormonal substances such as metabolism of minerals, regulation of fluids, your responses to stress, reproduction and pregnancy. Glands such as the pituitary, hypothalamus,thyroid, parathyroid, pancreas, adrenal cortex and medulla, and ovaries make up the endocrine system that produces hormones in women. When there are breakdowns or malfunctions in the hormonal process, your body is drastically affected.

You will be having lots of symptoms assosiated with pcos. To keep pcos under control you just need some discipline. You need a life style change. Keep yourself active. Loosing 3 to 5 kilos of your weight will bring back your period regularly which means your ovaries are ovulating properly.

Consult your gynecologist and have Metformin glucophage. Once you have lost weight and your symptoms are gone then you can slowly reduce the dose and finally stop taking the medication.

For hormonal imbalance do pranayam. Bastrika, kapalbhati and anulom vilom will help you. You can increase the time of kapalbhat and anulom vilom in due course. Kapalbhati helps in weight loss and anulom vilom helps in maintaining the hormones. Do the pranayam sinceely for 3 months, you will be amazed with the results.

After doing pranayam in the morning, do some exercise. Stretch your body for 5 minutes. Skipping rope for 5 minutes .Do some mild exercise. In the evening have a brisk walk or walk in the treadmill. Have a high protein diet for breakfast. You can have sprouts and a handful of peanuts for breakfast. Having high protein diet for breakfast will stop the craving for snacks in the late after noon and evening.

Make sure that you drink 2 litres of water daily.

Have a bowl of soup between breakfast and lunch.

Have lots of vegetables and white meat for lunch.

Have fruits in the evening.

Have a early dinner which is light and can be digested easily.

You can increase your metabolism by having 2 or 3 times green tea, cinnamon also increases the metabolism.
    You can follow my secret recipe:
    Soak 250 gms of cinnamon overnight. Grind it and filter the extract. Grind 250 gms of ginger, filter and mix it with the cinnamon extract and store it in the fridge. First thing in the morning after brushing, in a glass of warm water mix 2 tablespoons of the ginger and cinnamon extract, squeeze half lemon and 1 tablespoon of honey and drink it. You can perform pranayaam after 1 hour.

Make sure you dont snack on junk food. In the morning cut the fruits of your choice in cubes and put it in a container. Make sure you eat it all through the day, so that you wont snack with unhealthy stuff. Similarly keep 2 litres of water in a jug and make sure you dring it before late evening.

PCOS and its symptoms might make you depressed. Start a pcos support group by starting a new thread so that other ladies who are having pcos will also join you. You will be getting advise and help from others too. You people can support each other.

I can guarantee one thing for sure, if you take effort positively and loose 5 kilos you will find lots of difference in youself. Your symptoms will subside especially the metallic taste in your tongue will go. Blackening in the neck, on the sides of the nose, in the groin will fade. After your symptoms had vanished see your gynecologist and do a scan, definitely the doctor will say that there are no cysts in your ovaries and you are perfectly alright.
    YOU JUST NEED A LIFE STYLE CHANGE, DO IT.

Gayathri ArunPrakash

Geetha A is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Citizen's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Anu
    Blog Entries

super tips
    thanks GA

Regards
    Anu

Don't limit your challenges, challenge your limits

http://www.penmai.com/forums/india/4...tml#post460945

thankyou gayathri.. for your quite detailed reply. your reply shows me some light and i have good hope for PCOS treatment.

I too read that yoga is best remedy for PCOS. Cinnamon is quite new herb i came to know from you. but sure will include that also.

My work is too stressed... and finding hard to do exercise.. anyway for my better health i should plan schedule in a better way and find a time for exerice.. thanks for your reply...

chaarumathi is offline Newbie

Thanks Gayathri... I will try the same

indiragandhi28 likes this.

jyak is offline Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by devikaselvaraj View Post
    Pls share some good foods that helps people like me suffering from PCOS. What are all the foods that i can take to treat pcos and suppress it.
    pcod food diet

Nisha kamil is offline Friends's of Penmai

thank you just now only i saw this thread and it is very useful for me

sarayu_frnds likes this.
    Praise be with you always

Nisha kamil is offline Friends's of Penmai

diet plan is really superb

sarayu_frnds likes this.
    Praise be with you always

Hi, im impressed abt ur article for pcos..im having pcos fr last week I knw tht..I donno want to do...im very depressed can u tel me diet plan and some tips for neck blackening :(

sarayu_frnds likes this.