Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

IUI Questions???

Discussions on "IUI Questions???" in "Infertility & Treatments" forum.

radhika is offline Friends's of Penmai

IUI Questions???

Hi,

I had done IUI on saturday. my gyne doesnot told me anything whether i have to follow any precaution measures. What i have to do to get sucess. ray2:

Today she had made follicular study scan and told me that my follicles ruptured and told to take Susten 400 mg tabled vaginally.

What is the use of Susten 400 mg tablet?

Please show me light on this.

Sponsored Links

narayani80 is offline Commander's of Penmai
    hi radhika,

1st thing to get sucess in IUI is you should not lose hope. Think Positive. Regarding your question T.Susten 400 is a progesterone tablet, which needed during pregnancy to maintain it. Progesterone supplements may therefore be prescribed for several weeks during early pregnancy to avoid miscarriage.

ushababu is offline Friends's of Penmai
    Hi radhika,

I had prescribed with this tablet to maintain healthy baby.

USHA
    Try not to become a man of success but a man of value.

radhika is offline Friends's of Penmai
    Thanks for your reply narayani80 and ushababu.

MATHANKI is offline Newbie
    hi radhika, i am also in the same position as you. I am in TTC for 2 years naturally. now my doctor suggested me for IUI and i took injection. and 1st IUI done on yesterday. I am bit worried how the result will be. Is there is any general precaution have to take. I have the following questions. It may be too silly dont mind it and answer this.
    1. Get back to normal life or have to take rest.
    2. May i do exercise, yoga, cycling what i had done before IUI
    3. Is there is any restriction with food
    4. When should i have to take pregnancy test

vimala26 is offline Newbie
    mathanki i had plenty of questions like you, when i had my 1st IUI. I think my answer will help you. Don't worry and stay with hope. i had my child after 8 IUI's.

1. Just take rest for the day alone and you can go back to every day life.
    2. You can do simple exercise, yoga and dont do aerobics, and dont handle too much weight.
    3. Yes, you can have sex. Doctors encourage it.
    4. No restriction with food. and at last
    5. You should take HPT test, if you missed the period for 10 days.

Hope my answers helps you.

Vimal is offline Newbie

Conceiving with Luteal Phase insufficiency

Hi All, am Just new to this Forum. Just wondering if any one has been successful in conceiving with a Luteal phase insuuficiency and yet conceived with IUI?

chitrakumar is offline Friends's of Penmai
    Hi vimal welcome to Penmai forum. I dont know about the sucess, but luteal phase defect can be treated with supported progestorone tablets or creams. did your doctor take steps on this.

Chitra Kumar

Vimal is offline Newbie
    Hi Chitra, thanks for ur reply. Yes, My doctor has conducted a follicular study for me and then she said that on the day of ovulation, the endometrium thickness should be around 8mm. but it was 6mm for me. So she prescribed me Susten200mg. She asked me to take it twice a day. That makes it 400mg per day. I am not sure if thats too much. I am scared to ask my doc. I did 1 IUI but with failure. All the reports are normal and been TTC for the past one year. Other than this luteal phase defect, the doc says every other thing is perfectly ok. Is there any natural ways to improve our progestrone levels?

chitrakumar is offline Friends's of Penmai
    Quote Originally Posted by Vimal View Post
    Hi Chitra, thanks for ur reply. Yes, My doctor has conducted a follicular study for me and then she said that on the day of ovulation, the endometrium thickness should be around 8mm. but it was 6mm for me. So she prescribed me Susten200mg. She asked me to take it twice a day. That makes it 400mg per day. I am not sure if thats too much. I am scared to ask my doc. I did 1 IUI but with failure. All the reports are normal and been TTC for the past one year. Other than this luteal phase defect, the doc says every other thing is perfectly ok. Is there any natural ways to improve our progestrone levels?
    I had searched from internet and got this, hope this helps you

Agnus Castus (Vitex or Chaste tree berry)
    This is the herb of choice for helping to restore hormone imbalance and increasing fertility. In one study 48 women diagnosed with infertility took agnus castus daily for three months, 7 of them became pregnant during that time and 25 of them regained normal progesterone levels.
    Agnus castus is particularly helpful for those women who have a luteal phase defect (shortened second half to the cycle) or those with high prolactin levels, because it stimulates the proper functioning of the pituitary gland which controls the hormones.
    Agnus castus works to restore hormonal balance and can be used where there are hormone deficits as well as excesses it:
    • Regulates periods
    • Restarts periods which have stopped
    • Helps with heavy bleeding
    • Increases the ratio of progesterone to oestrogen by balancing excess oestrogen.
    Please read the full text from here Infertility - How to increase your chances of conceiving and preventing miscarriages

Chitra Kumar

LinkBacks (?)

1. 8th Sep 2010, 12:45 PM