Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By shaliniram
  • 1 Post By sumitra
  • 1 Post By sumitra
  • 1 Post By sumitra
  • 1 Post By sumitra
  • 1 Post By sumitra

pregnancy with one fallopian tube

Discussions on "pregnancy with one fallopian tube" in "Infertility & Treatments" forum.

shaliniram is offline Newbie

pregnancy with one fallopian tube

i am now 32 years married bfore 4 years we didnt blessed with children. this year only we had started going to hospital. they asked to do scan and blood test for me and semen analysis for my husband. his results were normal and said the sperm count was in border line . for me they said that i have only one fallopian tube. i am so much frustrated after hearing this. though they are saying that it is possible i am much worried.

is anyone here or your friends had baby with one fallopian tube?

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links
    jv_66 and sumitra like this.

sumitra is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Re: pregnancy with one fallopian tube

Hi Shaliniram, Welcome to penmai.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

I have only one fallopian tube. Is it possible for me to get pregnant?

Your fallopian tubes are a pair of tubes that eggs travel through to get from your ovaries to your uterus. Each month, during a process called ovulation, one of your ovaries releases an egg that travels down one of your fallopian tubes, where it may or may not be fertilized by a sperm.
    You might have only one fallopian tube if you've had pelvic surgery for an infection or a tumor, or a past ectopic pregnancy. Occasionally, some women are born with only one tube. However, you may still be able to get pregnant with only one tube if:

• You have one or both ovaries
    • You still ovulate
    • Your remaining fallopian tube is healthy

If you're unable to get pregnant after a year of trying to conceive, see your gynecologist or a reproductive endocrinologist for evaluation.

courtesy:mayoclinic.org

jv_66 likes this.

Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Conceiving With One Fallopian Tube

Having only one fallopian tube will make it more difficult to get pregnant only in the beginning, but studies have shown how as time goes on there are more ovulations on the side where the remaining tube is still intact. This, makes so that your chances of conception will increase giving you the same chances of pregnancy rate has in women with both tubes.

The biggest risk is to be more prone to having another tubal pregnancy if the root cause has not been addressed. Often old pelvic infection, scarring, uterine debris can affect the health of the fallopian tubes. Having low progesterone levels can also be the cause. At this time your job is to regulate your menstrual cycle and keep your remaining tube as healthy as possible to prevent another ectopic pregnancy and to ensure a healthy conception and pregnancy.

courtesy: natural-health-for-fertility.com

jv_66 likes this.

Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Role of the Ovaries and Fallopian Tubes

In order to conceive, women must have at least one functioning ovary. Each month, the ovary releases a single egg into the Fallopian tube in a process called ovulation. Whether women have one or two ovaries, women who ovulate can potentially get pregnant. Once an egg is fertilized by sperm, the fertilized egg travels via the fallopian tubes to the uterus, where it implants and remains until it is time to give birth. In the case of two healthy ovaries, the ovaries alternate in releasing an egg, albeit not in any predictable pattern.

Ovary Removal

Oophorectomy is the procedure wherein women have one or both of their ovaries removed. Ovary removal may be advised or necessary for women who have ovarian cancer, who are risk for breast cancer (in which case they undergo preventative oophorectomy), whose ovary has become twisted (known as ovarian torsion), or who have a tubo-ovarian abscess.

Likelihood of Pregnancy with One Ovary/Fallopian Tube

Usually, an egg is released into the fallopian adjacent to that ovary - in other words, to the fallopian tube that is on the same side of the ovary from where the egg drops. For women who have only one ovary and and/or one fallopian tube, the chances of becoming pregnant are greatest when these are located next to each other.However the chances that an egg released from one ovary will reach the fallopian tube on the opposite side are very slim, and thus the odds of getting pregnant in this case are very low. Similarly, women with a single ovary and a single fallopian tube on opposite sides are at risk for an ectopic pregnancy, also known as a tubal pregnancy. In a tubal pregnancy, instead of implanting in the uterus, the fertilized egg implants in one of the fallopian tubes where it cannot survive. Ectopic pregnancies can ultimately be life-threatening for the mother and cause damage to a woman's reproductive organs.

Infertility Solutions

If women with a single ovary have tried unsuccessfully to conceive for a period of one year to 15 months, they are advised to seek advice from a fertility expert and to consider fertility treatments such as IUI or in vitro fertilization (IFV).

courtesy:fertilityfactor.com

jv_66 likes this.

Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

How good are my chances of getting pregnant with one fallopian tube?

About a week ago i found out that my 7wk pregnancy was ectopic. I had to have surgery to remove the fetus and my right fallopian tube. Is it going to make it harder for me to get pregnant with only the one fallopian tube?

I had the same problem 5 years ago, my fallopian tube burst before I knew the pregnancy was ectopic and my surgery was life-saving. Post surgery the doc, who was a fertility expert, asssured me that a single fallopian tube can move back and forth from ovary to ovary each month as needed so your fertility should not be affected. I was able to conceive when I wanted to, 9 months following my surgery, and I have a gorgeous 2.5 year old son today. Best of luck to you!

courtesy: babycenter.com

jv_66 likes this.

Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Will I have trouble conceiving with only one ovary and fallopian tube?

10 months ago I had an ectopic pregnancy and lost my left ovary and fallopian tube...I was devastated. I have been heartbroken and feeling something missing ever since. I have a 6 year old son with whom I had no trouble conceiving- it pretty much happened on the first try, but I was 18 and had both ovaries then. Now I'm 25 and desperately want a little girl... I plan on trying soon (using the Shettles method). I am a bit worried that I may have trouble conceiving since I only have the right ovary and tube. After my surgery the doctor said I had no signs of endometrosis and that the right side looked good. I was told also that when one ovary is removed that the other picks up the slack in producing hormones and you ovulate from that one ovary every month (rather than alternating every other month). I don't know if that is very accurate though. And if it means anything,for the last few months I've had an abundance of fertile cervical mucus, sorry TMI. Any advice, experiences to calm me?

Sorry for ur lost. I have two girls 4 yo 6 mo and am 16 wks pregnant with baby #3 don't no if its a girl or boy yet tho. But I do no one thing for sure, I have a few friends that had fertility problems and spent thousands of dollars for drs to tell them they couldn't conceive. I found out about vitamin B. And how it helps a women concieve. So I told them about it and 2 out of 3 of them are preggos with me now. I also was taking vitamin B (shots) but for diff reasons and conceievd right away. So with some prayer and vitamin b u could concieve right away everyone is diff. Good luck.

yes it is possible to conceive with 1 ovary as 2 years ago i had an ovary removed due to a 10cm cyst and just over a year later i discovered im pregnant my baby is due end of june good luck

Yes, what your doctor told you is true. The remaining ovary will compensate for the other and produce an egg every month. It's litetally the same as a man losing one testicle. .. he can still produce sperm. I had the same surgery and I was told the same things but also that I may need help getting pregnant. We just Started trying last month. I hope it works And I don't Need fertility treatment.

my right side ovary & tube got removed on yr 2004.im 31 yrs nw.i was pregnant recently but for sum reason i had miscarriage 2 weeks ago.my point is,with 1 ovary & tube u still can conceive my dear.trust GOD..!! i will try to concieve again once my body is ready.cheerz babe..

Hey I had the same operation lost my ovary and fallopian tube as well on my right side on April 10 2011, I just went to the doctors becuase i have missed a period and think i might be pregnant. My surgeon told me id only ovulate every other month but i asked my doctor since i was having my period every month and he said the other ovary will take over and i will still ovulate every month ( that was my first relief. Right now I have every symptom of getting my period but this time my breast's really really hurt. so I will keep you posted i find out my blood test results today. Hopefully im expecting and then you'll definitely have a chance soon (since my left side had some scaring and if i can get pregnant you can surly do the same. Good luck hunnie

I only have one ovary and one fallopian tube. No surgeries....that's just all I have (and only half a uterus). We concieved ds (3yo) immediately. I was 24. I didn't even know about the missing stuff until the first ultrasound. It is not a problem. The only thing that was a problem was my small uterus (no room for baby to turn and needed a c-section). I had a completely normal pregnancy and everything. You will be fine. We are going to start trying for #2 soon and I am a little worried, but not about the one ovary.

courtesy: babycenter.com

jv_66 likes this.

shaliniram is offline Newbie

thanks for heart healing words and experiences.