Hey all, i am unable to conevie and it TTC. My doctor told that mine is Unexplained, i.e. i am ovulating normally, my DH sperm count and motility is good. Here are some points browsed from internet for unexplained infertility and sharing with you all.

Share here if any one has unexplained infertility and blessed with child.

Of the couple unable to conceive a child, approximately 10% of the cases can be attributed to unexplained infertility. As its name suggest, this is a condition where infertility cannot be attributed to any medical reasons. A couple may be diagnosed with unexplained infertility even when the ovulation is normal and the fallopian tubes are not blocked; and the male partner has a normal sperm count.

However, there may still be some possible causes of unexplained infertility. These may include:
i. Poor sperm quality
ii. Abnormal fallopian tubes
iii. Immunity issues
iv. Abnormal eggs
v. Luteinized unruptured follicle syndrome
vi. Abnormal luteal phase

Poor sperm quality
The sperm should be strong enough to break through the hard outer shell of the egg. Unexplained fertility may occur due to the inability of the sperm to do so.

Abnormal fallopian tubes
Fallopian tubes contain ‘cilia’ and ‘fimbria’ that help the sperm reach the uterus. Any abnormality to either of them may result in unexplained infertility.

Immunity issues
There are cases where the body’s immune structure is not as strong as it should be. In a woman, the immune system may attack the eggs produced by the body. In the male’s body, it may attack the sperm cells, rendering them ineffective.

Abnormal eggs
The quality of the eggs should be good, in order for them to be fertilized. Their morphology should be normal, and should contain the right chromosomes for a successful fertilization.

Luteinized unruptured follicle syndrome
This may affect the process of ovulation. When the egg matures, it is inside a membrane called follicle. In a normal process, the follicle releases an egg, leaving behind a membrane called ‘corpus luteum’. Sometimes, the follicle itself turns into a corpus luteum. In such a case, the ovulation does not take place, leading to infertility.

Abnormal luteal phase
Luteal phase refers to the production of progesterone in the female body. There are instances where the progesterone is not produced for the adequate period of time. This is yet another cause of unexplained infertility.