Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree53Likes

Bedtime Stories for Kids

Discussions on "Bedtime Stories for Kids" in "Kids Zone" forum.

deepa bala is offline Guru's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Deepa
    Blog Entries

Re: Bedtime Stories for Kids

Sakthi, idhellam nalla sories pa..nice thread...

@Uma- ennoda ponnu oru kadhaiyae dhan thiruppi thiruppi solla solluva:(

Sponsored Links

Parasakthi is offline Super Moderator Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Parasakthi KS
    Blog Entries

Prince Charming

Once there was a prince who was very charming and handsome. Whenever an outsider came to his palace he would ask him, "Have you ever seen anyone as handsome as me?” and everyone used to reply “No”. One day an obsequious traveler came to meet him. When the prince asked him the same question then he replied, "I don't think there could be anyone in the whole world as good-looking as you. I don't think even a god could be as handsome."

This made the prince very happy and he went around telling everyone that he was more handsome than the god. One day two visitors came in his palace and they who introduced themselves as gods. "We have come to see if you are as handsome as you claim," said one of them.

So the prince asked them, “Don’t you think I am the most handsome person in this whole world”. So one of them again replied that "We visited you earlier in the day when you were asleep". "You were more handsome then you are now."

"How could my looks decline within a few hours?" said the prince angrily. He quickly called his servants and asked them "Did I look better in the morning". So the servants replied "You looked the same".
    "We are gods," said one of the visitors. "We can see what your servants cannot. Their vision is imperfect and we'll prove it to you. Just get me a bowl of water."

The servants brought them a bowl of water. The god asked the servants to study it closely and then asked to leave the room. When they were gone, he removed half a spoonful of water from the bowl and asked the prince to call his servants back. The gods asked the servants, "Is there any change in the bowl of water”? The servants replied no as they couldn’t find any change.

One of the Gods then explained the prince that just as your servants did not know about the water which was removed from the bowl. In the same way they do not that your beauty has deteriorated. The prince was shaken. He thought, "My beauty is diminishing day by day. Why am I besotted by something so fleeting? I should concern myself with that which is eternal." So he never again looked into a mirror and in course of time renounced his throne and became a monk.

umaravi2011 is offline Minister's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Uma

Quote Originally Posted by deepa bala View Post

nee romba lucky

Parasakthi and deepa bala like this.

umaravi
    COURAGE IS NOTHING BUT WILLING TO BE AFRAID

Ask a Recipe - I will try to post it for you

Real Name
    Deepa
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by umaravi2011 View Post
    nee romba lucky
    illa illa... oray paatti vadai kadhayae niraya thadava solli paaru ma...en feelings unakku puriyum:(

Nishahameetha is offline Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Hameetha
    Blog Entries

Rithi chellam ennaya pola romba brilliant Deepa, ithukellam feel panni azha kudathu dear

Real Name
    Deepa
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nishahameetha View Post

Rithi chellam ennaya pola romba brilliant Deepa, ithukellam feel panni azha kudathu dear
    hahaha...Aama Nisha...u r correct...ava story-a repeat panna sollumbothu, "indha kosu tholla thaanga mudiala"- nu dhan solluvaen unnaiyum swathy-um adhae dialogue sollirukkaen...do u remember?

Nishahameetha is offline Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Hameetha
    Blog Entries

hahaha...Aama Nisha...u r correct...ava story-a repeat panna sollumbothu, "indha kosu tholla thaanga mudiala"- nu dhan solluvaen unnaiyum swathy-um adhae dialogue sollirukkaen...do u remember?

hey aama Deepa correct dear i remember ma Interesting facts about mosquitoes thread la dhane ma....

Real Name
    Deepa
    Blog Entries

hmmm..correct da...rithi-um neeyum romba brilliant dhan ma trust me...nejama sollraen

Parasakthi and Nishahameetha like this.

Real Name
    Parasakthi KS
    Blog Entries

Cinderella

Once upon a time there lived a young pretty girl. Her mother was dead and her father had married a widow with two daughters. Her stepmother didn't like her and scolded her always. She only loved and cared for her own daughters. For this reason Cinderella always lived unhappily.

Her step mother never gave her good clothes to wear, good food to eat and any time for rest. Her life was very miserable. She worked hard all day. Only in the evening she was allowed to sit near the cinders, for a while. That’s why everybody called her Cinderella.

One fine morning, an announcement was made in the town. It was about the ball dance to be held in the palace. The step mother and her daughters became very excited for the ball dance. They purchased new gowns, new shoes and new jewelries for the function. When Cinderella heard about it she also wanted to go there but she didn’t have the guts to ask her stepmother.

She went back to her room and started crying on her destiny. She was missing her mother very much when suddenly a fairy appeared in front of her. Don't worry Cinderella, said the fairy. I know you want to go to the ball dance. And so you shall... But how can I, asked Cinderella.

The fairy smiled. With a flick of her magic stick Cinderella found herself wearing the most beautiful dress she had ever seen with lovely shoes and jewelries. The fairy also brought a sparkling coach for Cinderella to reach the palace. Cinderella could hardly believe her eyes. She was very happy. Cinderella thanked the fairy and went towards the palace.

When she entered the palace she was very surprised to see it so beautifully decorated. She met people around, danced and enjoyed a lot at the ball. Soon the prince and the king entered the hall. Everyone stopped dancing. They wanted to meet the prince, but... but the prince was finding someone lese in the huge crowd. He was finding his princess of dreams. He saw Cinderella standing far off near the stairs; the prince went towards Cinderella and offered her to dance with him. Both of then danced together for a long time. It seemed as if the prince was in love with Cinderella.

Now it was half night, Cinderella had to return back home before her stepmother and sisters returned. She remembered what the fairy had said, and without a word of goodbye she slipped from the Prince’s arms and ran down the steps. As she ran she lost one of her shoes, but not for a moment did she dream of stopping to pick it up!

The Prince who was now madly in love with her picked up the shoes and asked his ministers to go and search for the girl. I will never be content until I find her!”

So the ministers tried the slipper on the foot of every girl in the town but were not successful. When they reached Cinderella’s home, her sisters too tried to wear the shoes but unluckily they failed. The shoes didn’t fit anyone of them. Cinderella was standing nearby, the ministers asked her to try the shoe as well. Her sisters laughed at this. When Cinderella wore the shoe it fitted perfectly. Everyone was surprised to see that. The prince also reached there, he was happy to find her dream girl. He took Cinderella to his palace and soon they got married.

Cinderella begins a happy life with the prince…..

Nishahameetha and Darra like this.

Real Name
    Parasakthi KS
    Blog Entries

The Monkeys go fasting

Long time ago, in a deep forest lived a group of monkeys. One day the monkeys decided to go on a fast. “Before we begin, I think we should keep the food with which we’ll break the fast ready,” said the chief monkey.

All the monkeys nodded their heads in union. So the young monkeys went in search of food. They returned with good quantity of pulpy bananas. “Let us distribute the bananas now so that much time is not wasted after the fast when they will be hungry”, said the chief monkeys wife. And the bananas were distributed amongst them.

One of the youngest monkey then said, “Why don’t we peel one banana and keep it ready to eat? “Yes, let’s do that,” shouted all in agreement. So the chief monkey said, “All right”. And they began peeling their bananas and carefully kept them ready for eating in the evening. A small monkey who was standing behind said immediately, “Can I keep the banana in my mouth? I promise not to eat it till evening. Please!”

“Why don’t we all put the banana in our mouth so that it will be easy for us chew it immediately after the fast,” said the chief. So, the monkeys put the bananas in their mouths. One by one they eyed each other uncomfortably as they began their fast — and as you can imagine, within no time at all, the bananas disappeared down their gullets. And that was the end of their fast!

Nishahameetha and Darra like this.