Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree53Likes

Bedtime Stories for Kids

Discussions on "Bedtime Stories for Kids" in "Kids Zone" forum.

Parasakthi is offline Super Moderator Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Parasakthi KS
    Blog Entries

Re: Bedtime Stories for Kids

Fox and Grapes

Once upon a time there lived a fox. One sunny day the fox was walking across the fields when he came across a vineyard. As he went nearer he saw some bunches of juicy grapes hanging on it. His mouth started watering.

He looked around carefully so as to prevent himself from the hunters. When he saw no one then he decided to steal some grapes from the vineyard. He jumped upwards but he could not reach the grapes. So he jumped again as high as he could but it was also of use. The fox was unable to reach the grapes as it was too high for him. Though he was tired but he didn’t loose hope.

He was not ready to give up and tried again. This time he went little back, took some running steps and then jumped towards the grapes but failed again.

As it was getting dark he became angry. Till now he was very much tired. His legs were hurt due to running and jumping. At last he stopped trying and as he walked towards home, he said to himself, "I never wanted those grapes. I'm sure they were sour. Thank god I didn’t eat it"

Sponsored Links
    Nishahameetha and Darra like this.

Parasakthi is offline Super Moderator Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Parasakthi KS
    Blog Entries

Sleeping Beauty

Long time ago there lived a king and Queen who held a great feast to celebrate the birth of their baby daughter, Briar Rose. Invitations were sent to all the fairies to bless the princess except to one as it was presumed that she was dead. Each of them came to the king's feast bringing special gifts for the little princes. The fairies began to give their gifts. "She shall be beautiful, "said the first".”She shall be wise "said the second". "She shall be kind, "said the third". Only one fairy was left to give the gift when suddenly the room went dark. Then after a great flash of light the same the fairy who was left out, came in view.

She was furious as no one had invited her at the feast. Then she said, "Well heroes my blessing feast. Then she said, “well heroes my blessing that on her sixteenth birthday she will put her finger on a spinning wheel and die." Another flash of light came and the fairy was gone. Then another fairy who was there stepped forward. “My gift for the princess in still left." "My gift to her is life! When the spindle pricks her finger she will not die but will fall into a deep sleep. That will last for a hundred years. Only a kiss from her true love will wake her.
    The following day the king issued a proclamation, ordering that all spinning wheels and spindles be destroyed. Over the years the princess grew into a lovely girl. On the sixteenth birthday everyone was preparing for the Party. The princess decided to go exploring the palace. "I wonder what is in the great south tower," she said and made her way to it.

She saw a small door with a key on it. She turned the key and the door opened. Then she saw some stairs and started climbing up. Meanwhile the king and Queen started looking for the princes. Everyone had seen her but nobody knew where she had been going. The princess had reached the top of the tower, where she saw another door that was slightly open. Then she heard a strange whirring sound, which she had never heard before. She went into the room and saw an old woman working at a spinning label. "What are you doing, asked Briar Rose, the princess?”I have never seen one of those before, what is it"? "It’s a spinning wheel said the old woman who was the wicked fairy in disguise.

The Princes asked her if she could try and spin on the wheel, in the spindle she went to sleep. And immediately everyone in the place also fell asleep, the cooks, the maids, the ministers everyone fell asleep. The princess was now known as sleeping beauty. Year passed…. A king's son would come to the famous Brior hedge to find out the mystery of the sleeping beauty.

One day the same charming prince, asked some villagers that where can he find the hedge? Just beyond the village young sir "said the villagers. The Prince went to strike at the hedge, but when his sword met the thorns great roses bloomed and a path opened for him. The prince entered the palace went to the tower room and saw the princess fast asleep. He lent over and gently kissed her. Brior rose, the sleeping beauty flickered her eyes and she woke up. When she saw the charming prince she fell in love with him. All round the palace people began to wake up from their sleep. The Prince and the princess got married. The royal wedding lasted for several days ending with a magnificent ball. The Prince and princess danced and danced all night.

Nishahameetha and Darra like this.

Hey, some really nice stories, very well carved out for children , I also believe with all of you that bedtime stories do make a difference to children, they sleep sound fully and peacefully, it keeps them away from nightmares or bad dreams, we ourselves have grown up with cindrella , red riding hood, pinnochio!! For my child amaira, I got this ballerinas are beautiful from Hushbabies, Its a beautiful story book with illustrations,lively rhyming text,and communicates simple messages about sharing, friendship and caring for others. I just ordered it and am thinking for ordering more because amarira loves them!!

Parasakthi likes this.

sarayusmom is offline Friends's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Kanakaraj Kumar

The Traveler

An elaborately dressed man was traveling to a party. On his way, a farmer handed him some peanuts and said, “Here’s some food for your journey.”
    The man replied, “I’m about to eat rare gourmet food—I have no use for peanuts!” And with that, threw the peanuts in the mud and left.
    Half a mile later, however, he encountered a river that was more torrid than usual, and concluded that he could not make it across. He had to turn back and head for home.
    On his way back, it grew late in the evening, and the man’s belly yearned for food. Remembering the peanuts he had causally tossed away earlier, he had no choice but to laboriously pick them out of the mud one by one for his dinner.

African Folktale

Just keep Swimming ... Just Keep Swimming...